SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS NIXED WHITE HOUSE REQUEST TO REBUT KENNEDY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: CBS NIXED WHITE HOUSE REQUEST TO REBUT KENNEDY Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/16/154400.shtml

Sunday, Jan. 16, 2005 3:42 p.m. EST
CBS Nixed White House Request to Rebut Kennedy

CBS News turned over its entire "Face the Nation" broadcast on Sunday to inveterate Bush-basher Ted Kennedy, after refusing a White House request that they also include a Republican to rebut Kennedy's bloviations.

"The White House was happy to put Dan Bartlett or somebody else on that program and CBS said, 'Thank you, No,'" reported Brit Hume on "Fox News Sunday."

The CBS snub comes just a week after the network promised Bartlett, who recently moved from Communications Director to the White House counsel's job, that they'd stop skewing their coverage against the president.

According to Broadcasting & Cable, CBS News President Andrew Heyward traveled to D.C. and personally assured Bartlett that "neither CBS News nor [Dan] Rather had a vendetta against the White House."

"From here on out [CBS] would do everything it could to be fair and balanced,” he reportedly pledged.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As surely as a dog returns to it's own vomit, CBS returns to it's old ways.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: cbs nixes white house request. Reply with quote

The White House has been has been too nice to these bums in my opinon. This network intentionally ran a false story against our President. They should be held accountable, and not by thier own whitewash committee.

I believe the Whitehouse should start to play a little hardball with this network.

The Whitehouse puts out comments like there are no hard feelings.

I believe a Federal investigation would be in order. after all federal documents were forged. !!!!!
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is time the White house played to their base for a change ---- We the Concervatives. It sure is tiresome listening to all the nice things they say about the enemy
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Biblical indeed Reply with quote

I'm running out of cheeks to turn.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: cbs nixes white house request. Reply with quote

Leeman wrote:
This network intentionally ran a false story against our President.

Let's talk about this for a minute. In the report we have learned that Mary Mapes learned way back in 1999 that there was no waiting list for pilots in the TexANG at the time that Bush applied. Got that now? The report stated that there was NO waiting list. Mapes took that and twisted into that slots were kept open for the sons of prominent people. She was called on that and admitted that she had no proof to support that claim. Again, NO PROOF TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM! CBS had proof that Bush got into the TexANG in a completely above board manner for FIVE YEARS and ran not one single report on it! No proof of bias my a$$.

Since they chose to ignore this fact, it shows that they were not after the truth, but only that which fitted into the story they wanted. What the story should be now is that the Thornberg Report shows that Bush did not cheat to get into the TexANG. Then take that story and shove it down the lying throats of all the Michael Moore maggots that promoted the opposite.

OK, I feel better now.
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only people fooled by the CBS whitewash are those who wanted to be fooled. It will be interesting to see how the more anonymous sacrificial lambs handle their fate. If I were one of those "asked to resign" I would be rather annoyed at the failure of CBS to go higher up. It would not surprise me to see some of those folks telling all, unless of course their severance packages include a vow of secrecy. But then, people who resign are supposed to get severance packages. Hmmmm....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: