SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rice Confirmation Hearings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Falling into a Black Hole Reply with quote

Pompous, posturing, condescending, shrill, bitter and downright rude are just a few words that come to mind when witnessing this trio of malcontents on the Government Dole and their behavior during the Rice confirmation hearings.

I hope this group doesn’t expect any bills with their name on it to move out of committee to the floor over the next four years.

If Massachusetts, Delaware or California wants to have legislation move forward that will benefit their States they will have to distance themselves from this Band of Brothers.

Did anyone notice the strings coming out of the ceiling over Kerry at the hearings? I thought I caught a glimpse of Teddy Kennedy peeking out of the ceiling and pulling on the strings. I know I heard the rafters creaking badly.

I hope the Pats win the Super Bowl for Massachusetts so they have something to cherish for a while since they will be legislatively impotent in the Congress for the next four years. Any bill associated with their names will fall into the shredder with all the other failed legislation.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Kerry and Boxer voted No

Condi Confirmed 16-2
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condi is not yet confirmed, only voted favorably out of the committee for floor action.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats are now blocking senate vote to delay confirmation a few days so some Senators can further debate the issue. How they can justify trying to undermine the new Secretary of State in the eyes of the world, at the very time they are demanding that she does an effective job establishing better relations with other countries, is beyond me.

Nalt
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy wrote:
Condi is not yet confirmed, only voted favorably out of the committee for floor action.

The Democrat's Ultra-Liberal leadership is using every parlimentary delaying tactic they can. They know confirmation is a given, they just want to be a pain in the derriere (a little French lingo there for Jean sKerry).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: