SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC: Bring Out your Dead!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: ABC: Bring Out your Dead! Reply with quote

ABC: Bring Out your Dead!
Written by Doc Farmer
Friday, January 21, 2005

I've written in the past about media bias. It's an easy enough subject, as there is so much evidence of it broadcast, printed and announced every day. Still, the lib/dem/soc/commies declare that there is no bias, that they're ''fair and balanced'' and anybody saying any different is a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Fascist Nazi Lying ******* with Bad Breath.

Scholarly studies have proved that the ''big three'' (who, by the way, are no longer as big as they once were) have news coverage that is most definitely left of centre. Fox News is slightly to the right of the centre point in their news, but a three point sway to starboard is pounced upon by the southpaws as proof positive that Rupert Murdock is planning to take over the world, while ignoring the thirty point sway to port of their own news services.

I think we all know that the mainstream media doesn't like Dubya. It has been trashing him for years. Blamed for this, accused of that, yet nothing it did could stick. Hell, it even failed to bring down the President with forged documents - although it was not from a want of trying.

CBS has been getting a lot of bad press these days - and deservedly so - but folks seem to feel that it is the only culprit. On Wednesday, the day before the inauguration, ABC News published the following request on their website:

Jan. 19, 2005 - For a possible Inauguration Day story on ABC News, we are trying to find out if there any military funerals for Iraq war casualties scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 20. If you know of a funeral and whether the family might be willing to talk to ABC News, please fill out the form below:
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Inauguration/story?id=425110&page=1
The original page included a box for name, e-Mail address, phone number, and comments. ABC was hoping for people to volunteer their dearly departed for news coverage on Inauguration Day.

That web page was hastily pulled, but (luckily) there were some plucky bloggers out there who caught a picture of it before it departed. Go to http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/pubfiles/story.htm to see the page.

Think about this. On the day of the inauguration of the President of the United States of America, a ''news'' service was hoping to cover the military funerals of servicemen or women who died in Iraq. Not funerals before or after January 20, but only on THAT day. Not servicemen or women who died in Afghanistan, or at Central Command in Qatar, or in a training accident in Germany, but only in IRAQ.

I'm not a journalist, but even I know when something is journalistically unethical. This attempt by ABC News goes far beyond unethical, however. It is pure spite. It is cheap, low, squamulose, vile, obscene, perverse, putrid, and a number of other adjectives that cannot be used on a family site like this one. To think that an organization that claims to be unbiased, that claims to provide only the facts, would stoop so low as to try and trash a President ON HIS INAUGURATION DAY by counter-pointing that historical event with the emotional blackmail of showing a military funeral, simply boggles the mind and turns the stomach. This would be more the realm of The Jerry Springer Show than a company that is supposed to be ''respected'' in the realm of journalism.

Frankly, I'll bet that Horrendo Revolver is sorry he moved over from ABC to Fox News. He and his magical mystery mustache would have jumped at the chance to shove a microphone into a grieving spouse's or parent's face and ask, ''What would you say to President Bush if you had the chance?'' It would finally have redeemed his reputation in the eyes of the lib/dem/soc/commie media for 1) moving to Fox and 2) not finding anything in that vault on live TV.

Naturally, this story has had very little coverage. It was uncovered by bloggers, or the pajamahadeen as they've been called. El Rushbo gave it some mention on Thursday in his first hour, after the Inauguration Ceremonies had wrapped up. One of my posters on the ChronWatch Forum informed me that Laura Ingram also mentioned ABC's attempted skullduggery. Other than that, it's been awfully quiet out there. The Weekly Standard picked up the story (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/151ciuex.asp), possibly because the author is a blogger himself. Nevertheless, there was no outcry from CNN, no mention on CBS, and all's quiet on the NBC front.

Birds of a feather flock together, it would seem.

I've been boycotting CBS for quite a while now. Ever since they tried to trash ''The Reagans,'' and more so since Desperate Dan helped to commit journalistic fraud (not to mention other more serious felonies). Looks like ABC's going to be added to that list. Oh, I don't believe that my single voice will stop them from trying to pull another stunt like this. The only reason it didn't work this time was because they got caught early on. Nevertheless, I refuse to have in my home a ''news'' or ''entertainment'' source that would be involved in something so base and loathsome.

I also know that this won't make a lick of difference to the folks at ABC News, but I feel compelled to say it.

SHAME ON YOU!

Now, if only ABC News had a sense of shame, it might have some effect . . .

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

This Article Was First Published In ChronWatch At: http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=12518

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Hey Doc, I'm with you but Relax Reply with quote

Doc,

As long as these guys continue to pull crap like this, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Know what--the American people have caught on and the MSM has not figured it out yet. Take a page from W's book--when the enemy is kiing themselves, there no need to waste your time and resources trying to kill them "better". What we ought to do is provide a subsidy to anyone who subscribes to cable or gets an internet connection so they can either watch FOX News or get their news from other than the MSM. Only people I know that watch CBS, NBC, or ABC are those who can not afford cable or an internet connection. Oh, one other thing, encourage the Dems to continue to move more to the left by electing Dean, Boxer, Pelosi and the rest of those clowns to positions of ever increasing power in their party--that's the leat we can do for them!
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Doc, I'm with you but Relax Reply with quote

barbgeo wrote:
Doc,

As long as these guys continue to pull crap like this, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Know what--the American people have caught on and the MSM has not figured it out yet. Take a page from W's book--when the enemy is kiing themselves, there no need to waste your time and resources trying to kill them "better". What we ought to do is provide a subsidy to anyone who subscribes to cable or gets an internet connection so they can either watch FOX News or get their news from other than the MSM. Only people I know that watch CBS, NBC, or ABC are those who can not afford cable or an internet connection. Oh, one other thing, encourage the Dems to continue to move more to the left by electing Dean, Boxer, Pelosi and the rest of those clowns to positions of ever increasing power in their party--that's the leat we can do for them!

America doesn't seem to be catching on all that quickly though. Why? Because they still believe that what they're watching or reading is actually the truth. Look at how little press this attempt by ABC has received. No mention by ABC's competition (who would love to trash them in order to make themselves (and their ratings) look better), no mention that I'm aware of in the print media, and only scant coverage in the web media with the exception of bloggers.

Even the recent problems at CBS News (Rathergate? Burkettgate? Kinkosgate?) have not been taken seriously, even by the people who were "asked to leave" - they're still there. No federal charges have been filed even though they should have been right now - forgery of government documents IS a felony, after all. If these folks aren't going to take the issue seriously, why should the American Public?

Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard the ABC News clip from last night on El Rushbo. And thanks to Schadow for finding this on National Review Online (in another thread).

barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Agrre these guys need to be held accountable Reply with quote

Doc,

I agree these people neeed to be continually exposed for what they are, and thank God for the bloggers and the internet for that and that includes this site. But I do believe for the most part the American people do get it. The election proved that. In spite of all W had arrayed against him by the MSM, he still won but what Freddy Barnes calls a narrow landslide--85% of all the counties in the country went red. Viewership of the three prima dona's--Rather, Brokaw and that Canadian jerk, Peter Jennings, is way down. Most people I talk to feel Dan Rather's real legacy is how he singlehandidly tried to overturn an election with a bogus story and continues to defend it even to this day. Most also realize that CBS "filled the square" by firing "someone" but not the true culprit in this. Again, I say the American people do get it and will reward CBS by switching to other sources for the news. Of course there will always be that group, probably a subset of the 49% that voted for "3 Scratch Kerry" that will continue to believe these idiots no matter what. These people can't be convinced if you hit them over the head with a 2X4 so why bother trying to convince them! Guys like Reagan, W and Arnold have figured this out and they took/take their cases right to the American people in spite of what the MSM thinks or says--that is true leadership and why R, W and A are winners and not winers!

George
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really frustrating explaining to family members, who are pretty intelligent but don't have access to cable news, that it is not meant as an insult to inform them that they're not getting the truth or enough information to make intelligent decisions. They're being made a fool of for believing these hideous corporations when they don't have to be fooled any longer. They would rather direct their anger at the informant of truth than their trusted, beloved MSM. Luckily some of them have access to radio, and they have the time to religiously listen for the truth from Rush, Laura, Sean, etc. Those who work during those hours are unfortunately still dependant on MSM. It's going to take time. It's a slow process, teaching old dogs new tricks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: