SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delivering Voting Booths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Delivering Voting Booths Reply with quote

Prayer request from Captain Lyle Shackelford Battalion Chaplain HHD, 57th Transportation Battalion

As a transportation battalion, my unit will be delivering the voting machines and the ballots to villages and cities throughout Iraq during the upcoming elections. (January 30/31) Our convoys are prime targets for the insurgents because they do not want the equipment to arrive at the polling stations nor do they want the local Iraqi citizens to have the chance to vote; timely delivery must occur so that the elections occur. Encourage your friends and family members and those within our churches to pray specifically for the electoral process. Historically, the previous totalitarian regime would not allow individual citizens to vote. Democracy will not be realized in Iraq if intelligent and competent officials are not elected to those strategic leadership positions within the emerging government; freedom will not have an opportunity to ring throughout this country if the voting process fails. Announce this prayer request to your contacts throughout your churches, neighborhoods, and places of business. Those with leadership roles within the local church post this message in as many newsletters and bulletins as possible. There is unlimited potential for God's presence in this process, but if we do not pray then our enemy will prevail (See Ephesians 6:10-1Cool A prayer vigil prior to the end of the month may be an innovative opportunity for those within your sphere of influence to pray. This is a political battle that needs spiritual intervention. A powerful story about God's intervention in the lives of David's mighty men is recorded in 2 Samuel 23:8-33. David and his warriors were victorious because of God's intervention. We want to overcome those who would stand in the way of freedom. David's mighty men triumphed over incredible odds and stood their ground and were victorious over the enemies of Israel. (Iraqi insurgents' vs God's praying people). They don't stand a chance!

I will pray with my soldiers before they leave on their convoys and move outside our installation gates here at Tallil. My soldiers are at the nerve center of the logistic operation to deliver the voting machines and election ballots. They will be driving to and entering the arena of the enemy. This is not a game for them--it is a historical mission that is extremely dangerous. No voting machines or ballots. No elections. Your prayer support and God's intervention are needed to give democracy a chance in this war torn country. Thank you for reading this e-mail. Please give this e-mail a wide dissemination.

Thank you for your prayer support for me and my family. Stand firm in your battles.

Blessings,

Lyle

Captain Lyle Shackelford
Battalion Chaplain HHD,
57th Transportation Battalion

Providing With Mobility "Keep Em Moving"

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

(Note: I urge you to pray for the Lord's protection over all involved with this election in any way, including the voters.)

Note: POWs...link please?

NOTE: THIS CAME OVER FROM JOE OLIVER TO MY EMAIL, I'M NOT THE AUTHOR BUT FORWARDED THIS THREAD BACK, I HOPE IT FOUND IT'S WAY BACK TO THE CAPTAIN BY NOW. HE WOULD APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT IN HERE I'M SURE.
EDDIE

Last edited by Guest on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be with you every inch of the way. God Speed
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man.... God Bless you kind sir. My prayers are with you, and I'm one who is big on prayer. You are doing Gods work getting those machines out to the voters.

Make no mistake when the history books are written many years from now, your work deposing Hussein and bringing Democracy to the region will go down as one of the great works of our time. Again God Bless you.

My Grand Dad was involved in the 'Red Ball Express', I got allot of admiration for you Transport guys!!

http://www.fatherryan.org/blackmilitary/redball.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry no links on this it came over in email from joe oliver, houston texas.
GM1954
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain, we are proud of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: