SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush's SF-180 - Yes or No?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Bush's SF-180 - Yes or No? Reply with quote

Folks,

Looks like my board has been saddled with one of your cast-offs (The Night Owl) and he's continually saying that while Kerry didn't sign the SF-180, neither did Dubya. I've already done a search through your site and haven't found an absolute answer to this.

So. Did Dubya sign the SF-180? If not, did he sign an Executive Order to release his military records?

Please provide source material so I can shut this nagging nelly up.

Many thanks.

Doc Farmer
ChronWatch Forum

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc...

To my knowledge President Bush has not presented a signed 180 nor a written presidential "directive?" inre his military records, although his press secretary has stated categorically that the President has authorized full disclosure of his military records and his medical records were displayed to representatives of the media. As has been noted, FOIA requests for President Bush's records have been fruitful. The same cannot be said for those of John Kerry (see Michael Dodd, Washington Post).

Whether President Bush signed or did not sign a 180 is irrelevant to the charges that have been leveled at Kerry by SVPT. If someone wishes to attach some significance to the lack of a Presidential 180 or an explicit "executive order", they are more than welcome to make that case...not, however, in this forum. SVPT has already called for full disclosure by BOTH parties, and a signed Presidential 180 would certainly put Kerry in a bind. However, until Kerry elects to fully disclose the content of his military records, the SVPT charges will retain not only their plausibility but their probability given Kerry's already proven track record of prevarication and spin ("Christmas in Cambodia" and "No Man Left Behind" come immediately to mind).

In short, and (IMHO) as far as SVPT is concerned, a signed Presidential 180, "executive order" or "Presidential directive" would be desirable, but far from indispensable to their case against John Kerry. He or his supporters may feel free to deal with that reality as they so choose.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Doc...

To my knowledge President Bush has not presented a signed 180 nor a written presidential "directive?" inre his military records, although his press secretary has stated categorically that the President has authorized full disclosure of his military records and his medical records were displayed to representatives of the media. As has been noted, FOIA requests for President Bush's records have been fruitful. The same cannot be said for those of John Kerry (see Michael Dodd, Washington Post).

Whether President Bush signed or did not sign a 180 is irrelevant to the charges that have been leveled at Kerry by SVPT. If someone wishes to attach some significance to the lack of a Presidential 180 or an explicit "executive order", they are more than welcome to make that case...not, however, in this forum. SVPT has already called for full disclosure by BOTH parties, and a signed Presidential 180 would certainly put Kerry in a bind. However, until Kerry elects to fully disclose the content of his military records, the SVPT charges will retain not only their plausibility but their probability given Kerry's already proven track record of prevarication and spin ("Christmas in Cambodia" and "No Man Left Behind" come immediately to mind).

In short, and (IMHO) as far as SVPT is concerned, a signed Presidential 180, "executive order" or "Presidential directive" would be desirable, but far from indispensable to their case against John Kerry. He or his supporters may feel free to deal with that reality as they so choose.

Thanks for that. Night Owl seems fixated on Dubya's SF-180. He even went so far as to claim that his order to the Pentagon was "informal" - I don't know about you, but I don't think that any order given by the Commander in Chief to any soldier military department could ever be viewed as "informal."

scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer,

You should also point out that it was Kerry running on his military record and was refusing full disclosure of them. Bush was not, so the onus should be more on Kerry in the first place. But if this guy is blinded by partisanship that he failed to notice all the records that were put forward by Bush and the paltry few that Kerry supplied, I doubt that even a Form 180 signed by Bush and God would matter to him
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
Doc Farmer,

You should also point out that it was Kerry running on his military record and was refusing full disclosure of them. Bush was not, so the onus should be more on Kerry in the first place. But if this guy is blinded by partisanship that he failed to notice all the records that were put forward by Bush and the paltry few that Kerry supplied, I doubt that even a Form 180 signed by Bush and God would matter to him

I'm beginning to get that impression. I think I understand why he's noted as a "fomer" poster here as well...

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per our policy of discouraging cross-forum posting, this topic is now locked.

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: