SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry is not eligible to run for Presidency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Kerry is not eligible to run for Presidency Reply with quote

in reality Kerry is not eligible to run for public office.

From the Constitution itself.
From Kerry's anti-war activities, he did himself in. Pass this along.
Make it a bonfire.

UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
Amendment XIV
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I have never heard of a vote in Congress to remove his disability.

Steve Christensen

Steve Christensen
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. Can a lawsuit be filed to block his bid??
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: in reality Kerry is not eligable to run for public office Reply with quote

I thought some of the SwiftVet's were lawyers. They should be able to file a few lawsuits.
Image Kerry having to defend against 50 [1 from each state] and be bumped from the election all togather.
I'd love to see the Dem's with no candidate. That would totally shake 'em up.

Steve Christensen
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essentially Section 3 of the 14th expands on the crime of treason. To apply it to Kerry would undoubtly require a trial and him found guilty of treason and then you could invoke section 3 to bar him from office. Otherwise you have the problem of due process in denying him the right to hold office.
D17Trooper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that if his '70 and '71 Congressional testemony, and his book, were read into the indictment, a court order could be filed that would prohibit him from running, until cleared. I don't know enough law to say, but I don't know why he was never tried for war crimes like Calley on the basis of his own testemony. I really do not understand how he got to where he is, and there is enough there that he should be able to be slowed down -- is there a guy in each of the fifty states that has the balls, and knows a lawyer?
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D17Trooper wrote:
Seems to me that if his '70 and '71 Congressional testemony, and his book, were read into the indictment, a court order could be filed that would prohibit him from running, until cleared. I don't know enough law to say, but I don't know why he was never tried for war crimes like Calley on the basis of his own testemony. I really do not understand how he got to where he is, and there is enough there that he should be able to be slowed down -- is there a guy in each of the fifty states that has the balls, and knows a lawyer?

I don't think his testimony alone would cut it. If you were going to run with this than by far the best case would be Kerry's meeting with the NVA in Paris in 1970. He was still an officer and did not have authorization to meet with them.

Way this is layed out in the 14th it seems to me he either will have to have been found guilty by a court or congress hold a special session to hear the evidence against Kerry and then vote on whether he aided the enemy as an officer. I add this because Section 5 gives congress the power to enforce the provisions of the 14th. So if they want to enforce section 3 then the ball is in their court to determine if Kerry in fact comforted the commies as an commissioned officer.

Will never happen, but it is an interesting scenario.
D17Trooper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he didn't "give aid and comfort to the enemy", WHY is he in the museum in Hanoi? And he sure screwed the homecoming for a lot of us, mine was Jan 1969. I live in Miami Florida. In Jan 1990, my VVA post was invited to participate in the Three Kings Day Parade, a big deal down here. We came around the corner onto Calle Ocho (eighth street for you gringos -- I grew up in Michigan) and there were a half million screaming Cubans in the heart of Little Havana. They were all screaming good things. If you did any time under Castro you seem to have a lot of appreciation for anybody who ever fought against Communism anywhere in the world. That moment, twentyone years after I got home, over 1500 miles from where I grew up, is the first time I felt like I was being thanked for my service and welcomed home. I am now married to a Cuban, and have six kids who, according to our government, are all Hispanic -- okay with me, it qualifies them for more of that Democratic giveaway **** that your tax dollar pays for. Isn't it time for him to get the recognition he deserves?
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Lets start the lawsuits Reply with quote

If we were able to start lawsuits in even the high electorial states, he would be sure to lose and get what he deserves.

Is there a lawyer here that can help save our country.

Steve Christensen

Steve Christensen
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Alls it takes is a few vets who served Reply with quote

In this day and age, a vet that served in Viet Nam could start a class action lwsuit with no problem.
John Kerry's defimation of them and accusations of war crimes could easily, have caused hardship to our service man still in Viet Nam when he did his little act in 71. His actions gave North Viet Nam aid, period.
Conduct un-becoming an officer.

I'm not a Viet Nam vet, but damn I's be happy to start on here.
Listening to his speech is making me puke. The garbage is just too much.
And using those vets as a stage prop is too much.

John Kerry is scum.

Steve Christensen
"Proud to serve this country"

Steve Christensen
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D17Trooper wrote:
If he didn't "give aid and comfort to the enemy", WHY is he in the museum in Hanoi? And he sure screwed the homecoming for a lot of us, mine was Jan 1969.

1. He isn't in any Hanoi museum. (This is to see who's paying attention.)

2. I assume you don't mean he screwed up your homecoming, as he was still in Vietnam.

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: