SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member in Need of Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldous
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: New Member in Need of Info Reply with quote

Greetings. I am new here and hope to be a worthwhile Member of this Site.

Right now though I am having trouble finding reliable "News" from the Internet. They are all seem slanted to the Left side of things. The Lie about Iraq being a quagmire and so on... Can you guys direct me to dependable News Outlets the tell the Truth? I already browse Fox News and Talon News but am looking for other Sites. Kindly give a List of all Websites. Thanks.

Err... I am not in the Military but my Father was when he was younger. Can I still Post here or is this a Military Only thing?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Aldous. Yes, many here never served in the military, so that is not a requirement.

As for news sources, lookup Newsmax.com, Worldnet Daily, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Media Research Center, etc. There are also several blog sites discussing the right's view. Free Republic is a good one, I think.

Hopefully others will join in with their sites soon.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Member in Need of Info Reply with quote

Aldous wrote:
Can you guys direct me to dependable News Outlets the tell the Truth?

The best I've found is www.freerepublic.com

It's not a new site in and of itself, but is a clearinghouse for links to news from around the net, along with conservative discussion about the news, and a good dose of fun.

MarineBrat
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldous, I start off my day with Drudge, next is WorldNet Daily, NewsMax and then for the rest of the day and evening I read foreign news to get their "Slant" on events around the world. Most of this is professional reading to see what the opposition to the spread of Democracy is saying and the rest of my reading is to look for emerging threats.

The best link by far for news around the world is here:

www.abyznewslinks.com/index.html

Aldous you might be surprised by what you read around the world about America and our way of life, but remember one thing: They all want what we have and now we have a President that is leading them towards freedom. This is the most powerful weapon we have in our arsenal and finally put to rest most of the threats we face.

Keep your eyes on China over the next few months, as there is trouble brewing for the Communist Party dynasty (darn internet and cell phones are killing them) and there might be some desperate attempts to keep a grip on power. The rumblings are getting louder.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Washington Times is good too, sign up to get the Insider sent to your email each morning.

www.Washingtontimes.com
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a must read every day for me:
http://www.lucianne.com/

This is another must read favorites:
http://www.anncoulter.com/

Also try this one for vast right wing editorials.
http://www.townhall.com/
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make it easier to start, just go to SwiftBoatArchives.com and click on news. At least 5 or 6 of the sites mentioned will be listed there.

SBD
Sailor in the Desert
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech Central Station, FrontPage Magazine and Real Clear Politics are also good sources.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.nationalreview.com

Created by William F. Buckley, it is one of the best conservative sources for information since the late 1950's. Highly recommend.

To understand conservative philospohy, I recommend 'The Conservative Mind' by Russel Kirk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: