SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DEMAND AN AUTOPSY!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: DEMAND AN AUTOPSY!!!! Reply with quote

http://hyscience.typepad.com/hyscience/2005/02/michael_schiavo_1.html

Quote:
About a year and a half ago, I worked two 40 hour wknds(!) up all night in the offices of the (former) lawyer for Terri's parents. I was able to read most of the files on the case. ~snip~

While I worked at that law office, coincidentally, one of the attorneys had an unrelated reason to visit a local funeral home. During that visit, a casual conversation with a funeral home employee revealed, entirely by accident, that the funeral home had an "open file" set up for the immediate, without delay or autopsy, cremation of Terri Schiavo upon her death. Michael Schiavo made these arrangements immediately after winning the big million dollar settlement and all these years they stand ready to carry out his wishes. Once her body is cremated, no one will ever be able to prove the abuse he is so desperate to conceal.~snip~

Quote:
If Terri ultimately dies, it is the publically stated intention of Michael Schiavo to have her immediately cremated. The Pinellas County Medical Examiner's office (District 6) would need to certify such cremation. [See HERE
http://www.co.pinellas.fl.us/forensics/policy/policystatement.htm#CA ] The Medical Examiner should NOT do so if there is a question about the promximate cause of her death (or face adverse licensing action in Florida).

For future reference, though I hope it need not be used any time soon, the email for the Coroner's office is mailto:wpellan@co.pinellas.fl.us .

Should Terri die, everyone must immediately demand a waiver of certification for cremation and an investigation, including autopsy to determine proximate (and immediate) cause of death. Since Dr. Baden (forensic pathologist) believes the injuries are not consistent with Michael Schiavo's story, an autopsy would perhaps develop evidence that would put Michael Schiavo behind bars, and perhaps "retire" the miserable excuse of a judge, George Greer.
Posted by:

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Sailor in the Desert
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the autopsy. I posted this in another thread:

Quote:
This is what stood out from Dr. Hammesfahr's 2002 report on her condition that has me wondering:

"Interestingly, I have seen this pattern of mixed brain (cerebral) and spinal cord findings in a patient once before, a patient who was asphyxiated."

Could it be there was some foul play here?

Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I must ask.............are we a nation of Law or are we only ruled by emotion? BY LAW as long as Michael Schiavo is Terri's LEGAL next of kin he can have her cremated. Are we suddenly going to disregard the laws that are on the books today? Again, if Terri had expressed her wishes regarding her funeral in a legal document all of this would be moot.

Whether her husband is a vile womanizer or not has no relevancy on this case as the LAW applies. I would urge each of you to read the Laws concerning Legal Next of Kin in your own state. Memorize them. If you don't feel that you can trust your legal next of kin to handle your wishes responsibly then make out a living will and assign a Medical Power of attorney. Also have a regular will executed that specifies your exact funeral wishes.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Again I must ask.............are we a nation of Law or are we only ruled by emotion? BY LAW as long as Michael Schiavo is Terri's LEGAL next of kin he can have her cremated. Are we suddenly going to disregard the laws that are on the books today? Again, if Terri had expressed her wishes regarding her funeral in a legal document all of this would be moot.

Whether her husband is a vile womanizer or not has no relevancy on this case as the LAW applies. I would urge each of you to read the Laws concerning Legal Next of Kin in your own state. Memorize them. If you don't feel that you can trust your legal next of kin to handle your wishes responsibly then make out a living will and assign a Medical Power of attorney. Also have a regular will executed that specifies your exact funeral wishes.

We would not be going through this appeal routine if we were not a nation of Law. I do not see anyone breaking any laws.

Besides it is more about the inhumanity of purposely allowing someone starve to death and die of hunger. I would feel much better if they at least had the decency shown to murdering rapists and thgat is putting a needle in them. And the courts talk about Cruel and Unusual Punishment
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Again, if Terri had expressed her wishes regarding her funeral in a legal document all of this would be moot.

But as she did not, then the discussion is not moot.

There are too many questions about Michael Schiavo's legal standing, the difference between "life support" and the feeding tube, her ability to swallow, the restrictions placed by the judge against her even receiving so much as an ice chip by mouth, and on and on.

This goes beyond the letter of the law - it goes into the spirit of the law - and of course it's an emotional matter.

Why should a husband in name only be given guardianship over a wife who he wants to die while her parents who love her and are willing to take care of her are dismissed so cavalierly?

Why are the suspicious circumstances surrounding her initial injury being ignored? Why are the incidents of insulin shock during Michael's visits being ignored? (He's a nurse - he would certainly be capable of inducing such shock.)

Why are the expungements of Terri's medical records being ignored? The last I heard, it was still illegal to falsify medical documents. All references to her ability and attempts to communicate, to move and to eat were removed from her record.

There are more than enough questions to warrant a full investigation into the assurance that her civil rights have been protected.

The media is still referring to her "coma" and referring to her as a vegetable. A vegetable does not smile at the sight of loved ones, attempt to repeat phrases or try to communicate emotions and sensations, such as pain.

The media has ignored the fact that this woman can swallow - what judge has the right to order that a woman can be refused even water? That's not "heroic measures." That's not "life support machinery." (Neither is a feeding tube either of those things as we have always understood them, but here is where you see the "right to die" activists at work - taking the proverbial mile from the inch they have been granted.)

If 60% of the people in this country want to accept the media line, that doesn't mean I have to.

A pretty good percentage of our population accepted their mantra that the Swifts were "largely discredited," too.

To me, the question isn't, "Are we a nation of law?" but "Are we a nation of JUST law?"

And to me, the answer is looking more and more to the contrary every year.

JMO.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
are we a nation of Law or are we only ruled by emotion

When those "laws" jail a person for starving a dog, yet authorize a proven adulterous and most likely abusive husband LEGAL right to starve his disabled wife, forcing her family to sit back and watch her wither away in such an inhumane way, the law is failing to work properly.

Are we so worried about "rule of law" that we allow such injustices to openly and brazenly torment the innocent among us? Has our legal profession gotten so callous as to turn a blind eye to the suffering of an entire family, to protect the RIGHTS of one sleazebag?

Never forget, according to the LAW, Nazis were upholding their RULE OF LAW!!! Were our founding fathers worried about following RULE OF LAW when our nation was founded? Just 65 years ago the entire world sat idly by as Nazis observed their RULE OF LAW and did very little, until it was almost too late. Did we overturn Saddam Husseins regime, yet preserve the RULE OF LAW that nation had in effect?

To me, to sit idly by and justify this womans heinous death, when there is so much evidence that she could be rehabilitated, that the judge has conflicts of interest, that the husband has conflicts of interest and very likely caused the condition in the first place, causing extreme torment to loved ones, then the law has failed to protect and other measures become justified.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REASON TO DEMAND AUTOPSY!!
There is evidence of foul play!

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35276

Quote:
MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH
Questions raised
about Terri's collapse
Celebrated forensic pathologist says 1990 injuries should be investigated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 26, 2003
5:45 p.m. Eastern

By Sarah Foster
© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A world-renowned forensic pathologist with over 40 years experience as a medical examiner is challenging the official version of early events in the Terri-Schindler Schiavo case, providing the parents of the brain-disabled woman with powerful ammunition in their battle to save their daughter's life from her court-ordered starvation death.

Interviewed on the Fox News Channel, Dr. Michael Baden, co-director of the Investigative Unit of New York State Police in Albany and former chief medical examiner for New York City, ruled out potassium imbalance and a heart attack as factors in Terri's mysterious collapse 13 years ago – which left her severely incapacitated and unable to speak – and pointed to head trauma and bone injuries as a more likely cause.

Baden explained to host Greta van Susteren it was unlikely for a woman of Terri's age at the time to have a potassium imbalance, unless she had certain types of diseases, which she didn't have.

"Too little potassium can cause the heart to stop beating properly and lead to lack of blood flow to the brain and death of brain cells by lack of oxygen, but that's very unusual, Greta, extremely unusual," he said.

That Terri's heart was healthy would rule out the likelihood of cardiac arrest, he said.

"The reason she's in the state she's in is because there was a period of time, maybe five minutes or eight minutes, when not enough oxygen was going to her brain," said Baden. "That can happen because the heart stops for 5 or 8 minutes, but she had a healthy heart, from what we can see."

Baden said he studied a bone scan made in March 1991 at a rehabilitation facility that describes her as having a head injury: "That's why she's there, that's why she's getting a bone scan."

"A head injury can cause, can lead to the vegetative state that Ms. Schiavo is in now," he continued, adding the scan showed evidence of other injuries, bone fractures.

Something totally different

Van Susteren asked if he were suggesting a potassium imbalance caused a fall that led to a head injury, or perhaps some "pre-existing head injury [led] to her passing out."

"Something totally different," he answered.
Because cardiac arrests triggered by low potassium are so rare, "the other issue is: Could it have been due to some other cause, which is raised by the family. [That] has to be looked at."

Baden said the injuries were caused by some kind of trauma. "The trauma can be from an auto accident, the trauma can be from some kind of beating that she obtained from somebody somewhere. It's something that should have been investigated in 1991 when those findings were fresh," and added, "Maybe they were. Maybe they were investigated by the police at that time."

As far as Terri's family knows, they were not.

In fact, her parents, Robert and Mary Schindler, knew nothing of the existence of the bone scan until their attorney Patricia Anderson was collecting evidence for a hearing scheduled for October 2002. Prior to that time, Terri's medical records had been kept sealed under court order at the request of her husband, Michael Schiavo, who had launched his crusade to remove his wife's feeding tube.

As WorldNetDaily reported last November, when the scan was discovered through sifting Terri's early medical records, Anderson checked with several physicians as to its significance and filed an emergency motion to have Schiavo removed as guardian. Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, denounced the motion as "garbage" and characterized it as being "rife with unattributed hearsay, rank innuendo and libel."

Nonetheless, the scan and other documentation are so compelling it was decided to make the possibility of foul play a large part of the petition on the terrisfight.org website, that people from around the world signed and e-mailed to Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, urging him to launch a full-scale investigation.

"The suspicions that Dr. Baden raised on Fox News are suspicions that the family members have had since learning of Terri's bone scan last November," said Pamela Hennessey, spokesperson for the Terri Schindler-Schiavo Foundation. "And we've been making it known for many months on the website."

"We felt the evidence was so strong that we included the information in the petition to the governor which over 165,000 people have signed," she said. "I'm happy to see someone like Dr. Baden is taking a hard look at this, and I hope his coming forward encourages the governor to look into this. I believe the governor should go full force in ordering an investigation into Terri's collapse and into allegations of abuse over the past 13 years."

This story is from 2003, but I think Governor should order the Attorney
General of Florida to launch an investigation. He should order the Medical Examiner
of Pinellas county to perform an autopsy before cremation takes place.
When Terri collapsed in 1990, the paramedics who came to the scene
suspected homicide and called police. Why would they suspect homicide?
Obviously it must have been because of the nature of Terri's injuries.
There was a police report filed. Apparently, no investigation followed.

I googled (Terri Schiavo Collapse Police Report) and found a number of
sites to view the Report.
However, every one I tried came up "page not available".
Why has the report vanished?
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Again I must ask.............are we a nation of Law or are we only ruled by emotion?

Something that has been on my mind for some time now, laws, or rather, worshipers of the law. I found this addressing Juries that pretty well explains what I feel;

Quote:
The "laws, not men" concept protects us before a law is written. Jury power protects us after bad law is written.

One thing that "laws, not men" definitely does not mean is that we should mechanistically or robotically apply law, no matter how unjust or inhumane the outcome. The very existence of the jury system was designed to engage the common sense and humanity of the people in the process of administering law.

Our highest commonly held political value in this nation is not reverence for law at any cost. Our highest political values are liberty and justice for all. The law is a means toward the end of liberty and justice, and conscience is our guide toward that end.

We have coined a term for those who think the law is the end-all and be-all, higher than liberty or justice - LAW WORSHIPERS.

Law worshipers worship a false god - man's law (statute law). Our Founding Fathers talked in the Declaration of Independence about "the Laws of Nature and Nature's God". It is that higher law and the unalienable Rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness which our system should place at the top of our political values hierarchy.

Worhipers of the Law
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaterssaid
Quote:
Law worshipers worship a false god - man's law (statute law). Our Founding Fathers talked in the Declaration of Independence about "the Laws of Nature and Nature's God". It is that higher law and the unalienable Rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness which our system should place at the top of our political values hierarchy.

Amen, Lew!!
The Natural Law Philosphy which our President espoused so eloquently
in his Inaugural Address.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CREMATION APPROVAL (Florida Statutes 406.11(1)(c))

A. All requests for cremation must be approved by the Medical Examiner prior to the actual cremation.

1. Before authorizing the irretrievable disposal of a body by cremation, the Medical Examiner must be assured that no future question will arise about the cause or circumstances of the death of the individual.

2. The death, if previously unreported to the Medical Examiner, must first be verified as a non-Medical Examiner case according to Florida Statutes, 406.11.

B. Approval of a cremation, and accepting the responsibility for irretrievably destroying potential evidence, is a decision based on the quality of the information on the death certificate. The death certificate should be accompanied by a CREMATION APPROVAL FORM filled out by the attending physician to demonstrate that the death was due to natural causes. The cause of death on the death certificate must be sufficient to:

1. rule out trauma,

2. identify the immediate cause(s) of death,
i.e. septicemia, peritonitis, bronchopneumonia, renal failure, etc., and

3. identify the underlying or proximate cause of death - the “due to” disease or injury responsible for initiating the lethal sequence of events

C. The most common pitfalls this office encounters with causes of death are:

1. failure to state the underlying cause of death;

2. scrambling of immediate and underlying causes of death; and

3. listing extraneous data in the section entitled 'Other Significant Conditions'. The section 'Other Significant Conditions' (Part II) should be used only for those conditions that contribute to death, but are unrelated to the cause(s) listed in Part I.

D. The CREMATION APPROVAL FORM is often helpful in clarifying the cause of death as well as providing additional medical history that assures that the death was not by violence.

· Words like subdural, fracture, sepsis, fall, trauma, cardiac arrest, heart failure, hemiplegia, quadriplegia, paraplegia, and shock are mechanism of death and typicallydo not explain a natural death, and may indicate a traumatic origin.
It is necessary to rule out traumatic underlying causes or identify the natural disease processes, which resulted in the cardiac arrest, for example.

E. The procedure used to obtain and validate the approval of the Medical Examiner for a cremation, dissection (i.e. Anatomical Board) or burial at sea can be done in one of two ways.

1. The funeral home or direct disposer may bring the completed Burial Transit Permit, CREMATION APPROVAL FORM and the signed death certificate, with the cause of death section legibly completed to this office for approval between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; or,

2. The funeral home or direct disposer may fax to this office (at 727-582-6820, 24 hours a day) the CREMATION APPROVAL FORM and signed death certificate with the cause of death section legibly completed. Approval will be made and the cremation approval document will be faxed back to the requesting funeral home, generally between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, seven days a week (excluding holidays). In certain circumstances, the cremation approval information will be provided to the requesting funeral home by return phone call, generally between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. seven days a week (excluding holidays).

F. Prior to submission of the death certificate to the Office of Vital Statistics, the cremation approval case number must be placed:

1. on the WHITE copy of the burial transit permit in Section C on the ‘Signature’ line; and

2. on the death certificate at the bottom right hand corner of the backside.

(NOTE: use only light pencil because any dark ink will show through on the front and force Vital Statistics to have the funeral home redo the death certificate.

G. Due to the 11,000+ approvals handled each year the Medical Examiner's Office limits approval times to 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. seven days a week (excluding holidays) to permit adequate time for staff investigation of cause of death. Additional phone calls will be made to the requesting funeral home or direct disposer whenever additional death certificate information is required because it fails to adequately explain a non-traumatic (i.e. non-medical examiner) cause of death.

H. Please note that on the death certificate Box 28 “Case Reported to Medical Examiner? (Yes or No)” does refer to cremation approval in addition to deaths reported for investigation to determine if the death falls under the medical examiner’s jurisdiction. This box must have a “Yes” if a cremation approval was given.

If Terri dies, what is the attending doctor going to enter as cause of death?
Court Ordered Starvation & Dehydration? I think not. That would be murder.
PVS due to heart attack? Emergency Room doctors ruled out heart attack. She had no heart damage.
Brain Damage-Cause Unknown? That's my bet.

The bone scan document shows neck trauma which likely caused the
brain damage. Does this trigger an investigation????
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are supposed to be a nation of laws, but it seems an activist judiciary seems it proper to ignore law and inject personal opinion into making policy making instead of ruling on the law. There is danger in this. Read Mark Levin's "Men in Black". Legislatures are supposed to make law, not judges.

Peggy Noonan states it well.

From OpinionJournal.com (http://opinionjournal.com)

Peggy Noonan
http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110006460

The bizarre passion of the pull-the-tube people.
12:01 a.m. EST
rparrott21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that the so call law is putting Terri to death based on lies..
rparrott21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STARVATION: DAY 7
Florida neurologist:
Terri's no vegetable
Doctor for state's adult protective services finds Schiavo has been wrongly diagnosed
Posted: March 24, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Dr. William Cheshire

An eminent neurologist who evaluated Terri Schiavo for the Florida state Department of Children and Families yesterday concluded she has been wrongly diagnosed as being in a persistent vegetative state and urges immediate removal to another facility and the restoration of food and water to the dying woman who has become the focal point of the nation's attention.

In his affidavit to the court, obtained by WorldNetDaily, Dr. William Polk Cheshire Jr. found Schiavo is aware of pain and reacts visibly to it. She also reacts to the expectation of pain based on conversations she overhears in her room.

"If Terri is consciously aware of pain, and therefore is capable of suffering, then her diagnosis of PVS may be tragically mistaken," he writes.

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush announced yesterday that Dr. Cheshire, Jr., as part of a DCF review team, had concluded that Schiavo might not be in a persistent vegetative state but rather in "a state of minimal consciousness." Bush said. "This new information raises serious concerns and warrants immediate action."

DCF Secretary Luci Hadi said that under state law the agency is authorized to intervene and have Schiavo's sustenance restored even without a court order.

But last night, Bush spokesman Jacob DiPietre said the administration had no plans to defy Greer's order.

Pinellas County Judge George Greer said he expected to have a final ruling on the case by noon today after reviewing the new evidence. He blocked an effort by DCF to rescue Schiavo.

"It is my understanding that nearly three years have passed since Terri has had the benefit of neurologic consultation," Dr. Cheshire wrote in his affidavit. "How then are we to be certain about her current neurologic status? There remain, in fact, huge uncertainties in regard to Terri's true neurologic status."

Dr. Cheshire is the director of a laboratory at the Mayo Clinic branch in Jacksonville that deals with unconscious reflexes like digestion.

Cheshire cited studies indicating a high rate of false initial diagnoses of PVS.

"Furthermore, the diagnosis of minimally conscious state had not yet become standard parlance in the field of neurology at the time of Terri's initial diagnosis," he wrote. "The minimally conscious state has emerged as a distinct diagnostic entity within the last few years."

Cheshire also pointed out that Schiavo has not undergone functional imaging studies, such as positron emission tomography, or PET, or functional magnetic resonance imagining, or fMRI.

"New facts have come to light in the last few years that should be weighed in the neurologic assessment of Terri Schiavo," he said. "Significant strides have been made in the scientific understanding of PVS and minimally conscious states since Terri last underwent neurologic evaluation. As usually happens with science, the newest evidence is prompting the medical community to think about this field in new ways. With new evidence comes fresh appreciation for what is actually happening in the brains of persons with profound cognitive impairment."

Cheshire said news studies show that when patients in a minimally conscious state listen to narratives read by a familiar person "large areas of the cerebral cortex normally involved in language recognition and processing lit up." He said the presence of metabolic activity in those brain cells was far more than expected.

He cited seven reasons to doubt the prior diagnosis of PVS in Terri Schiavo:

# He found her facial expression brightens and she smiles in response to the voice of familiar people such as her parents or her nurse. Her agitation subsides and her facial demeanor softens when quiet music is played. "When jubilant piano music is played, her face brightens, she lifts her eyebrows, smiles, and even laughs." Cheshire said several times he witnessed Schiavo laugh when someone in the room made a humorous comment.

# She fixates her gaze on colorful objects and human faces for up to 15 seconds at a time and occasionally follows with her eyes as objects move from side to side. "When I first walked into the room, she immediately turned her head toward me and looked directly at my face. There was a look of curiosity or expectation in her expression, and she maintained eye contact for about half a minute." Cheshire said she also appeared to attempt to speak to him.

# Although he did not hear her utter distinct words, the doctor said "she demonstrates emotional expressivity by her use of single syllable vocalizations and cooing sounds. In reviewing previous affidavits, he noted that as late as 2003, the patient was heard to tell nurses to "stop" during certain procedures.

# He noted that in a previous examination by a neurologist, the patient appeared to try to follow certain commands – such as closing her eyes. She also raised her right leg four times when asked to do so in 2002 under examination.

# In that same 2002 examination by a neurologist, captured on videotape, Schiavo was turned on her side and probed with a sharp piece of wood. She reacted with sounds of discomfort. After that procedure, the neurologist commented to her parents that they would have to roll her over on her other side. Schiavo vocalized a crying sound in response. "It is important to note that, at that moment, no one is touching Terri or causing actual pain," he writes. Rather, he says, she appears to comprehending what was said and anticipating pain.

# According to the definition of PVS, he writes, patients do not have the capacity to experience pain and suffering. Yet, he concludes, after reviewing her medical records, pain issues frequently arise. "The nurses at Woodside Hospice told us that she often has pain with menstrual cramps." The pain and agitation subside when she is given ibuprofen. "If Terri is consciously aware of pain, and therefore is capable of suffering, then her diagnosis of PVS may be tragically mistaken," he concludes.

# "To enter the room of Terri Schiavo is nothing like entering the room of a patient who is comatose or brain-dead or in some neurological sense no longer there," he writes. "Although Terri did not demonstrate during our 90-minute visit compelling evidence of verbalization, conscious awareness, or volitional behavior, yet the visitor has the distinct sense of the presence of a living human being who seems at some level to be aware of some things around her."

"As I looked at Terri, and she gazed directly back at me, I asked myself whether, if I were her attending physician, I could in good conscience withdraw her feeding and hydration," he wrote. "No, I could not. I could not withdraw life support if I were asked. I could not withhold life-sustaining nutrition and hydration from this beautiful lady whose face brightens in the presence of others."

Cheshire indicated he could see no reason to withdraw the sustenance.

"This situation differs fundamentally from end-of-life scenarios where it is appropriate to withdraw life-sustaining medical interventions that no longer benefit or are burdensome to patients in the terminal stages of illness," he wrote. "Terri's feeding tube is not a burden to her. It is not painful, is not infected, is not eroding her stomach lining or causing any medical complications. But for the decision to withdraw her feeding tube, Terri cannot be considered medically terminal. But for the withdrawal of food and water, she would not die."

On the basis of all of those findings, Dr. Cheshire concluded "it would be wrong to bring about her death by withdrawing food and water."

"At the time of this writing, Terri Schiavo, as the result of decisions based on what I have argued to be a faulty diagnosis of persistent vegetative state, has been without food or water for five days," he wrote. "She is at risk of death or serious injury unless the provision of food and water can be restored. Terri Schiavo lacks the capacity to consent to emergency protective services and must trust others to act on her behalf. If she were to be transferred to another facility, it would be medically necessary to initiate hydration and ensure that her serum electrolytes are within normal values."

Cheshire concluded: "How medicine and society choose to think about Terri Schiavo will influence what kind of people we will be as we evaluate and respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people among us. When serious doubts exist as to whether a cognitively impaired person is or is not consciously aware, even if these doubts cannot be conclusively resolved, it is better to err on the side of protecting vulnerable life."

Editor's note: WorldNetDaily has been reporting on the Terri Schiavo story since 2002 – far longer than any other national news organization – and exposing the many troubling, scandalous, and possibly criminal, aspects of the case that to this day rarely surface in news reports. Read WorldNetDaily's unparalleled, in-depth coverage of the life-and-death fight over Terri Schiavo, including over 150 original stories and columns.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:

Peggy Noonan states it well.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110006460

Boy, she really nails it right down the line, doesn't she?

That's absolutely the best opinion column that I've read about Terri Schiavo so far. If a person can't be bothered with the medical facts about Terri's case, maybe that column will open a few eyes and hearts.

Thanks for the link.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God, the Corruption in Pinellas County is unbelieveable!!!

I've been googling again. Checked Attorney General Charlie Crist to
where he stands on Schiavo. He testified against the parents motion
to investigate based on Dr. Baden's findings (see article posted above).
After Judge Greer ruled against the Schindlers, Crist was quoted as saying
he hoped not to be involved anymore. So there's no hope of him
challenging te cause of death certificate and demanding autopsy. So then searched for
Pinellas County Medical Examiner to see his background.

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND!!!!!

http://www.raids.org/woodgt2.htm

MICHAEL SCHIAVO IS GOING TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER!!!

It seems the Church of Scientology influence is PERVASIVE throughout
the judicial and political structure of Pinellas County.
Quote:
NOTE: This is one of Scientology's most successful racketeering and blackmail efforts. Joan Wood concluded that the murder of Lisa McPherson was murdered. Ms. Wood then reported to the media that Scientology had sent two goons to "visit" her late one night after which she changed her medical finding from murder to accidental death.

By the way, the Schindler's attorney Pat Anderson has first-hand
knowledge. She was the attorney for Joan Wood re the Lisa McPherson case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: