SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going to be an autopsy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Going to be an autopsy Reply with quote

I just heard Felos say there will be an autopsy, by the county coroner.

I have little faith that it will produce anything incriminating.

Can always hope that that county coroner is not as corrupt as the judge, hospice, and other players.

I did not hear whether they will allow Terri to have her Catholic burial.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon R. Thogmartin, M.D is to be the Medical examiner.

http://www.co.pinellas.fl.us/forensics/

My prayers are with Terri and her family

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Tanya

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.clwbar.org/resipsa/june-july01/article396.html

"Dr. Thogmartin was Associate Medical Examiner in Broward County and Dade County before becoming District 15 Medical Examiner in Palm Beach County in April 1999, a position he left in November 1999 to accept the position in Pinellas and Pasco. Licensed in both Florida and Texas, Mr. Thogmartin is also certified in Anatomic, Clinical and Forensic Pathology by the American Board of Pathology.

Jon Thogmartin has been honored by the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (1989), Phi Beta Kappa (1986), and Robert Stewart Hyer Society (1985). He also received the Silver Medal of Valor from the Metro-Dade Police Department in November 1996. Jon Thogmartin has been accepted as an expert in the field of Forensic Pathology in U.S. Federal Court and in the Circuit Courts of Dade, Broward, Palm Beach County and the State of Michigan. His major fields of interest are wound ballistics, firearms, infant deaths, child abuse, asphyxia, and forensic toxicology."
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope his ethics are as high as his skills.

Confused Confused Confused Confused
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read in The Empire Journal about the incestuous
relationship among the various governmental agencies in that county,
I would not hold out much hope that the autopsy will reveal any
surprises. The only way you could be sure of an unbiased report would
be to get her completely out of the state of Florida.

www.theempirejournal.com
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Felos was too smurky today.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was I tripping or did Felos say that the hospice gave Terri a morphine suppository the night of the 26th due to low moaning during today's news conference? I was watching it on Fox when they broke in with something else and I changed to cnn to catch the rest. I can't find a transcript online.
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this regarding Terri's "exit protocol" - -

http://www.infowars.com/articles/life/schiavo_terris_exit_protocol.htm

"If someone in a persistent vegetative state cannot feel pain, as Michael Schiavo and his attorney, George Felos, have consistently told the world, why do Terri’s charts tell nurses how to treat her for pain?"
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reporter for Foxnews said tonight that an autopsy is mandated before cremation, by state law. Confused So much for his change of heart.

However, a devious thought came to me about his motive anyway, even if a bit over the top.

If an autopsy shows her brain isn't as bad off as the doctors say and he has been using to kill her, might he again file another lawsuit against the doctors and hospice????? Shocked

I have no proof or evidence, just a thought and given his conduct from the beginning, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
Was I tripping or did Felos say that the hospice gave Terri a morphine suppository the night of the 26th due to low moaning during today's news conference? I was watching it on Fox when they broke in with something else and I changed to cnn to catch the rest. I can't find a transcript online.

Nope, you heard right. I think Fox reported yesterday she's had at least 2. Maybe the doctors are doing what they can for her, fighting back the only way they can. I think the family can use this in any criminal or civil lawsuit. The doctors felt she needed to be comforted!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Florida Statute (bold emphasis mine)
I would feel far more assured about the process and results of an autopsy
If Dr. Michael Baden (forensic expert) were allowed to observe.

CREMATION APPROVAL (Florida Statutes 406.11(1)(c)

A. All requests for cremation must be approved by the Medical Examiner prior to the actual cremation.

1. Before authorizing the irretrievable disposal of a body by cremation, the Medical Examiner must [b]be assured that no future question will arise about the cause or circumstances of the death of the individual.

2. The death, if previously unreported to the Medical Examiner, must first be verified as a non-Medical Examiner case according to Florida Statutes, 406.11.

B. Approval of a cremation, and accepting the responsibility for irretrievably destroying potential evidence, is a decision based on the quality of the information on the death certificate. The death certificate should be accompanied by a CREMATION APPROVAL FORM filled out by the attending physician to demonstrate that the death was due to natural causes. The cause of death on the death certificate must be sufficient to:

1. rule out trauma,

2. identify the immediate cause(s) of death, i.e. septicemia, peritonitis, bronchopneumonia, renal failure, etc., and

3. identify the underlying or proximate cause of death - the “due to” disease or injury responsible for initiating the lethal sequence of events

C. The most common pitfalls this office encounters with causes of death are:

1. failure to state the underlying cause of death;

2. scrambling of immediate and underlying causes of death; and

3. listing extraneous data in the section entitled 'Other Significant Conditions'. The section 'Other Significant Conditions' (Part II) should be used only for those conditions that contribute to death, but are unrelated to the cause(s) listed in Part I.

D. The CREMATION APPROVAL FORM is often helpful in clarifying the cause of death as well as providing additional medical history that assures that the death was not by violence.

·Words like subdural, fracture, sepsis, fall, trauma, cardiac arrest, heart failure, hemiplegia, quadriplegia, paraplegia, and shock are mechanism of death and typically do not explain a natural death, and may indicate a traumatic origin.
It is necessary to rule out traumatic underlying causes or identify the natural disease processes, which resulted in the cardiac arrest, for example.

E. The procedure used to obtain and validate the approval of the Medical Examiner for a cremation, dissection (i.e. Anatomical Board) or burial at sea can be done in one of two ways.

1. The funeral home or direct disposer may bring the completed Burial Transit Permit, CREMATION APPROVAL FORM and the signed death certificate, with the cause of death section legibly completed to this office for approval between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; or,

2. The funeral home or direct disposer may fax to this office (at 727-582-6820, 24 hours a day) the CREMATION APPROVAL FORM and signed death certificate with the cause of death section legibly completed. Approval will be made and the cremation approval document will be faxed back to the requesting funeral home, generally between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, seven days a week (excluding holidays). In certain circumstances, the cremation approval information will be provided to the requesting funeral home by return phone call, generally between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. seven days a week (excluding holidays).

F. Prior to submission of the death certificate to the Office of Vital Statistics, the cremation approval case number must be placed:

1. on the WHITE copy of the burial transit permit in Section C on the ‘Signature’ line; and

2. on the death certificate at the bottom right hand corner of the backside.

(NOTE: use only light pencil because any dark ink will show through on the front and force Vital Statistics to have the funeral home redo the death certificate.

G. Due to the 11,000+ approvals handled each year the Medical Examiner's Office limits approval times to 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. seven days a week (excluding holidays) to permit adequate time for staff investigation of cause of death. Additional phone calls will be made to the requesting funeral home or direct disposer whenever additional death certificate information is required because it fails to adequately explain a non-traumatic (i.e. non-medical examiner) cause of death.

H. Please note that on the death certificate Box 28 “Case Reported to Medical Examiner? (Yes or No)” does refer to cremation approval in addition to deaths reported for investigation to determine if the death falls under the medical examiner’s jurisdiction. This box must have a “Yes” if a cremation approval was given.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tanya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be they(Michael and lawyers) were informed that considering all the accusations of abuse that there will be an autopsy?

Note number 8.

Legal Jurisdiction F.S. 406. 11 [Top]

Death must be investigated by the Medical Examiner whenever a person dies:

1. of criminal violence
2. by accident
3. by suicide
4. suddenly, when in apparent good health,
5. unattended by a practicing physician,
6. in any prison or penal institution
7. in police custody
8. in any suspicious or unusual circumstance
9. by criminal abortion
10. by poison
11. by disease constituting a threat to public health
12. by disease, injury, or toxic agent resulting from employment.

http://www.co.pinellas.fl.us/forensics/faq/faq.htm
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the CREMATION APPROVAL (Florida Statutes 406.11(1)(c)

Quote:
...the attending physician to demonstrate that the death was due to natural causes. The cause of death on the death certificate must be sufficient to:

1. rule out trauma,

2. identify the immediate cause(s) of death, i.e. septicemia, peritonitis, bronchopneumonia, renal failure, etc., and

3. identify the underlying or proximate cause of death - the “due to” disease or injury responsible for initiating the lethal sequence of events

It will be interesting to see what Michael's "chosen" physician states on the
Death Certificate. He must state both 'immediate cause' and also
'proximate' cause of death.

I bet that he will state "natural causes' as the 'immediate' cause of death.
Michael's argument has always been that she should be allowed to die
naturally. (never mind that it was a court-ordered denial of food and water).

The 'proximate' cause (disease or injury responsible for initiating the lethal sequence of events) will
be "heart attack resulting in PVS"
as Michael's 'chosen' doctors and the MSM have always maintained.

It will be up to the medical examiner to determine the 'proximate cause'!!
I hope that Felos and Michael do not have the "fix" in with the medical
examiner!!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Tanya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Independent Medical Examiner Must Attend Schiavo Autopsy;
Web of Deception Extends Into FDLE Commission"

http://www.theempirejournal.com/329051_independent_medical_exami.htm

I don't think we will ever know the truth Evil or Very Mad
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Felos believes that the autopsy can be whitewashed because
Terri's brain will be so shrunken from dehydration that it will be impossible
to determine anything credible regarding extent of injuries.

From Tanya's link above:
Quote:
~snip~According to information obtained by The Empire Journal from medical professionals. It has been found that extreme dehydration causes substantial shrinkage of brain tissue which threatens to skew the medical examiner findings at any autopsy of Terri Schiavo.

According to several medical experts consulted by the newspaper, while such brain shrinkage is a well-known fact in medicine, there have been few studies. However, it has been publicly admitted in the medical community about this degree of dehydration as a means to determine how much this will affect the medical examiner’s findings.

It is likely that Felos and Michael Schiavo have been informed of this and hope the dehydration will help them lend even more disinformation toward their cause that Terri has ‘severe cortical atrophy’. Medical professionals have told the newspaper that the incomparable degree of extreme dehydration, as marginally put forth in studies about the much less severe dehydration that occurs in emesis (vomiting) and similar crises about dehydration precluding acute brain atrophy, will mistakenl lend to this false conclusion.

These medical professionals have stressed the urgency to the Schindler family that a third independent party must be present at the autopsy rather than just a medical examiner secured by Felos/Schiavo, and that the marked unnatural dehydration needs to be considered in the post mortem analysis of cortical shrinkage.

GO BACK TO WHAT DR. MICHAEL BADEN SAID,
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35276
Quote:
~snip~Interviewed on the Fox News Channel, Dr. Michael Baden, co-director of the Investigative Unit of New York State Police in Albany and former chief medical examiner for New York City, ruled out potassium imbalance and a heart attack as factors in Terri's mysterious collapse 13 years ago – which left her severely incapacitated and unable to speak – and pointed to head trauma and bone injuries as a more likely cause.

Baden explained to host Greta van Susteren it was unlikely for a woman of Terri's age at the time to have a potassium imbalance, unless she had certain types of diseases, which she didn't have.

"Too little potassium can cause the heart to stop beating properly and lead to lack of blood flow to the brain and death of brain cells by lack of oxygen, but that's very unusual, Greta, extremely unusual," he said.

That Terri's heart was healthy would rule out the likelihood of cardiac arrest, he said.

"The reason she's in the state she's in is because there was a period of time, maybe five minutes or eight minutes, when not enough oxygen was going to her brain," said Baden. "That can happen because the heart stops for 5 or 8 minutes, but she had a healthy heart, from what we can see."

Baden said he studied a bone scan made in March 1991 at a rehabilitation facility that describes her as having a head injury: "That's why she's there, that's why she's getting a bone scan."

"A head injury can cause, can lead to the vegetative state that Ms. Schiavo is in now," he continued, adding the scan showed evidence of other injuries, bone fractures.

Van Susteren asked if he were suggesting a potassium imbalance caused a fall that led to a head injury, or perhaps some "pre-existing head injury [led] to her passing out."

"Something totally different," he answered. Because cardiac arrests triggered by low potassium are so rare, "the other issue is: Could it have been due to some other cause, which is raised by the family. [That] has to be looked at."

Baden said the injuries were caused by some kind of trauma. "The trauma can be from an auto accident, the trauma can be from some kind of beating that she obtained from somebody somewhere. It's something that should have been investigated in 1991 when those findings were fresh," and added, "Maybe they were. Maybe they were investigated by the police at that time."

As far as Terri's family knows, they were not.

In fact, her parents, Robert and Mary Schindler, knew nothing of the existence of the bone scan until their attorney Patricia Anderson was collecting evidence for a hearing scheduled for October 2002. Prior to that time, Terri's medical records had been kept sealed under court order at the request of her husband, Michael Schiavo, who had launched his crusade to remove his wife's feeding tube.

As WorldNetDaily reported last November, when the scan was discovered through sifting Terri's early medical records, Anderson checked with several physicians as to its significance and filed an emergency motion to have Schiavo removed as guardian. Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, denounced the motion as "garbage" and characterized it as being "rife with unattributed hearsay, rank innuendo and libel."~snip~

I think the Schindler family should be PUBLICLY DEMANDING that renowned expert Dr. Baden
be allowed to observe the autopsy.
They should give interviews to the press, get in front of the cameras
and make this demand HEARD LOUDLY in the MSM.
THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE AT THIS POINT. You have to remember
that much of the public is unaware of all the facts that WE KNOW ABOUT.
They swallow hook, line and sinker, whatever the MSM feeds them!!
Making LOUD PUBLIC DEMANDS may force Felos to accede to their
request.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: