SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anarchists deface Medal of Honor monument....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodBlessVets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Anarchists deface Medal of Honor monument.... Reply with quote

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/232905-5258-092.html
http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=3139133&nav=9TahY28g

I'm literally shaking in anger, I have never surved in the military and never will thanks to medical problems, but to see these punks disrespect men who fought so they could do these heinous crimes both angers me and makes me sick. I can only hope for their sake that the cops get them before the public does.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Godblessvets.

It is indeed a despicable deed for someone to do. Sadly, many of here were subjected to similar treatment over 30 years ago.

It also makes me wonder about all the "We Support The Troops, But Not The War," nonsense. Several troops returning have been harrassed and soon, they may be getting spit on too.

These ninnies take their freedom for granted and once they no longer have it, due to not wanting others to defend it, they will whine about wo will do something about it.

Spoiled little children, I don't care how old they are.
GodBlessVets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Welcome, Godblessvets.

It is indeed a despicable deed for someone to do. Sadly, many of here were subjected to similar treatment over 30 years ago.

It also makes me wonder about all the "We Support The Troops, But Not The War," nonsense. Several troops returning have been harrassed and soon, they may be getting spit on too.

I've already made up my mind, as a descendent of many a veteran from many wars in American history, including two relatives killed in the Pacific and General George Pickett from Gettysburg, if I ever see anyone spit on or harass any vet, I'm not going to let it fly. You guys fought so I didn't have to, and I will forever salute all veterans on that fact.

Quote:
These ninnies take their freedom for granted and once they no longer have it, due to not wanting others to defend it, they will whine about wo will do something about it.

Nailed on the head, they make me sick, mainly because I am 18, was 18 in time to keep John Kerry from taking the presidency, and cast my vote to keep him out of the White House, and then I see these people my age doing these acts. Makes me absolutely sick, I only hope that the clowns behind this act receive a good lesson about what happens when you disrespect some of America's greatest.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it's easier to feel optimistic about our country when more and more of our young people seem to understand this single bit of truth - "Freedom isn't free."

Welcome aboard, GBV.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really angers me. I too, have many veterans in my family and the scum suckers that did this. well, they are scum suckers. I hope they catch the little SOB's.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome GodBlessVets.
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Welcome, Godblessvets.

Anyone remember that kid from the US that went to Singapore and did something similar(not to a memorial) and was caned for it? In this case, I think they have it all over us. These a**h**es need a good old fashioned a**-whoopin'. Evil or Very Mad

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think George Soros is financing this group along with his other efforts to undermine American society? Soros is a bigger threat to the USA than Saddam ever was.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame this ENTIRELY on John Kerry. His VVAW movement did more to promote an anti-military sentiment in this country than anything else in our history. It it weren't for his teachings this would never have happened.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these people are caught they should be made to read a book on Medal of Honor citations and the people who earned them. Of particular interest would be Captain Humbert Roque "Rocky" Versace and his medal given for actions while held captive by the North vietnamese during the Vietnam war. The left took sides with the North vietnamese and currently take sides with the Islamic extremists. These anarchists should be educated about our country and the people who fight for its principles in relation to our enemies.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I blame this ENTIRELY on John Kerry. His VVAW movement did more to promote an anti-military sentiment in this country than anything else in our history. It it weren't for his teachings this would never have happened.

so very true!
GodBlessVets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first, thanks for the kind words welcoming me to this fine group who probably sank Kerry's campaign singlehandedly.

Secondly, I live in the Indianapolis area and in fact went down to the memorial last year. The way they have that area setup is beautiful.
Well, to judge the reaction to some of the radio talk shows (namely Greg Garrison's), people are ticked off, especially the retired Marines around here. Needless to say, there are some very creative punishments being proposed for these guys when they get caught.....
GodBlessVets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update out of Indy: They got one of the little squirts responsible.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4360965/detail.html

Now time to go through on those creative punishments....
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Joshua M. Miner, 18 of Danville arrested for the Class D felnoy. His picture shows the arogant smug grin of most liberals who detest America and all it stands for.
GodBlessVets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
That is Joshua M. Miner, 18 of Danville arrested for the Class D felnoy. His picture shows the arogant smug grin of most liberals who detest America and all it stands for.

Give him 5 minutes with some retired marines, and I doubt that grin on his face will ever been seen again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: