SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAPO: Cheney Opposes Retribution Against Schiavo Judges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: WAPO: Cheney Opposes Retribution Against Schiavo Judges Reply with quote

From Drudge:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23666-2005Apr3.html?nav=rss_politics/administration

-also check out the last sentence regarding Hillary Very Happy

"I could never vote for her, but a lot of people do"

Quote:
Cheney Opposes Retribution Against Schiavo Judges

By Mike Allen and Brian Faler
Monday, April 4, 2005; Page A04

Vice President Cheney says he opposes revenge against judges for their refusal to prolong the life of the late Terri Schiavo, although he did not criticize House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) for declaring that they will "answer for their behavior."

Cheney was asked about the issue on Friday by the editorial board of the New York Post. He said twice that he had not seen DeLay's remarks, but the vice president said he would "have problems" with the idea of retribution against the courts. "I don't think that's appropriate," he said. "I may disagree with decisions made by judges in any one particular case. But I don't think there would be much support for the proposition that because a judge hands down a decision we don't like, that somehow we ought to go out -- there's a reason why judges get lifetime appointments."

With no obvious successor to President Bush, some Republicans have begun to buzz about drafting Cheney. "I'm not a candidate, don't plan to be a candidate," he said. "If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. Is that the Shermanesque statement? I said on television someplace the other day, not only no, but hell no." Cheney said he has noticed in previous White Houses that "the closer you get to that election when the guy in the Oval is going to be hanging it up, and the vice president is going to get ready to run, you get a division" and the number two loses some effectiveness.

Cheney was asked about the potential presidential candidacy of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.). "I don't know her that well," he said. "She's clearly a significant national figure and working hard at being a successful senator. I don't agree with her voting record, obviously. But she went out and earned the right to represent the people of one of our biggest states in the United States Senate, and I think she's a formidable political personality. I could never vote for her, but a lot of people do."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised OMG..........justices cannot be allowed to just snub their noses in the face of the congress like this. My God these justices are appointed. Furthermore I am rethinking this appointed for life, I think that should be revisited. I believe seven years would be more suitable considering what happened during the Schiavo case. It was totally un-american and immoral.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: