SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castro Spied on Jack Nicholson, Spielberg and the Pope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Castro Spied on Jack Nicholson, Spielberg and the Pope Reply with quote

from Newsmax:

www.newsmax.com

Quote:

Castro Spied on Jack Nicholson, Spielberg and the Pope
April 9, 2005
Most outsiders probably don't know that when they're in Cuba, they're being tape-recorded and watched, on direct orders of communist dictator Fidel Castro.

So says Humberto Fontova, author of the new best-selling book "Fidel: Hollywood's Favorite Tyrant."

Fontova says Castro and his spies have secretly taped -- using both audio and video equipment -- some of Hollywood's most notable stars.

Fontova names names, including Woody Harrelson, Kevin Costner, Jack Nicholson, Steven Spielberg, Chevy Chase, Leo DiCaprio, Francis Ford Coppola, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Robert Redford and many others -- all were spied on when they visited Cuba.

Fontova has a good source for the claims.

"My job was to bug their hotel rooms," high-ranking former Cuban intel officer Delfin Fernandez, who defected to the U.S., told the author. "With both cameras and listening devices. Most people have no idea they are being watched while they are in Cuba."

When these guests arrive, their hotel rooms have already been set up with eavesdropping and videotaping gear.

Sometimes, says the intel officer, the guests would be followed wherever the went, 24 hours a day.

In doing so, some of the stars' most intimate, private and potentially embarrassing moments (read: bedroom antics) were captured on film and tape -- all for the private viewing pleasure of Castro and his most-trusted inner circle.

Fernandez said that Castro was a "connoisseur" of such covert tapings, noting that he especially liked "the really famous."

Fernandez also alleged that after a star left, Castro and his buddies would break out the popcorn and review the tapes, almost like Hollywood screenings.

"Hmmmmmm, these scenes are more scandalous than anything in any of her movies!" Fernandez recalled one intelligence officer exclaiming as he watched "nighttime cavortings" of a famous actress from Spain.

He said that Jack Nicholson proclaimed Castro a "genius" after visiting with him in 1998. "Castro is a humanist like President Clinton," Nicholson said, according to Fernandez. "Cuba is simply a paradise!"

But voyeur Castro may have had the last laugh on Jack.

Fernandez said Jack Nicholson was "bugged and taped thoroughly during his stay in the hotel Melia Cohiba." Fernandez says he knows because he was in charge of that operation.

But some VIPs visiting Castro's Cuba foiled his taping party.

This short list includes the late Pope John Paul II. Before he arrived in Cuba for his 1998 visit, his aides "discovered and removed several bugging devices" from his room, Fontova writes.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone surprised?? Gee Willikers, I'd expect it, but then I wouldn't be going there anyway. Maybe Fidel will release the videos. My idea of paradise is a bit different, Jack.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I would of course like to offer the odifferious flavors to fiddle the punk, and as such agent would enjoy the honor of prossesing said delivery asap! Evil or Very Mad
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wager a few of these sTARS got caught with their pants down while on a mission in Havana to show support for their Cuban Komrades.

Each of the people named here make me sick and it has influenced what movies I watch. If I see a movie was produced, directed or acted in by any of these people, I just close my wallet and watch Fox News.

If I want to see Clowns or trained Monkeys perform I go to the Circus.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what they are all thinking of their pal Castro now?! It's amazing, they scream for human rights at the cost of our country's security, but embrace a place that can and does freely break all those rules.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I can't pass this one by. Paradise?

"You can't handle the truth, Jack!!!"
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just shows you what uneducated morans these "famous" people are. Did they really believe they were not under constant watch while visiting Cuba?

Not only were the Cubans monitoring their activities, you can bet this months rent the Spooks have their own tapes/files at Langley. Of course the CIA won't leak these tidbits since it wouldn't do any damage to the current administration.

God Save Us All......... if we really listen to anything these fools tell us.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: