SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My HealtheVet - Health, Benefits for Veterans and More

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VHAngel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: My HealtheVet - Health, Benefits for Veterans and More Reply with quote

Good day,

I'm from the Veteran’s Health Administration. I’m trying to raise interest and awareness for Veterans to take advantage of a very interesting and useful resource they have available to them, provided for free by the VHA: My HealtheVet. The Site is available at http://www.myhealthevet.va.gov, I encourage you to look at it if you’re interested.
The site provides the following valuable tools for Veterans:

1.Links to Healthgate to provide an impressive catalog of medical drugs and what they accomplish.
2.Check for possibly dangerous interactions between prescription drugs. (also from Healthgate)
3.Human anatomy explorer
4.Illustrate and defines specific diseases.
5.Full information about VA Benefits and Resources.
6.Other General Health facts and daily health tips.

The best part is that in the future, veterans will be able to see parts of their health records online, and tie into VA healthcare resources. This will enable veterans to view when their next visit with the VA is due, among other collaborations.

The site is a great resource, and is looking for your feedback as it grows. Please feel free to respond right here or let them know.

Thank you so much for reading, and tell anybody who you think can benefit. This is for family members of veterans too, so don't forget to spread the word.

Last edited by VHAngel on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and thanks!
FYI - the link doesn't seem to be working.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link's working now....

Last edited by kate on Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
VHAngel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

kate wrote:
link's working now....

Yes I just tested it, seems to be working. Perhaps everyone jumped at it all at once! Thanks a million for looking at it, and feel free to post here about any improvements the site may need, I'll try and see if I could contact the developers.
VHAngel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: 52,000 Veterans and counting! Over 56,000 total enrolled Reply with quote

To All Veterans: News Flash! Those receiving VA healthcare will get online prescription refilling at My HealtheVet come the end of this Summer. With Over 52,000 Veterans registered and 300 more enrolling daily, there has never been a better time to get involved with HealtheVet!

If you're a relative or a friend of a Veteran, enroll yourself. Get involved with your health and have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: