SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disabled Vet spits on Hanoi Fonda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey People, we got a "BONUS"----it wasn,t just your run of the mill spit!------It was chewing tobbaco! I hope he aimed real good? Wink

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This begs the question, how many people did the police arrest for
spitting on Viet Nam Vets returning from duty?

According to todays Looney left, we never got spit on, not even once. Rolling Eyes

Since there are no "documented" reports of it, we are all liars and made it up after we heard the line in the first rambo movie, "First Blood."

But, I wonder where the writers got the idea of returning vets being spit on, since it never happened Wink Cool

As for Hanoi Janes reception of expectorant, I can only hope she was wearing a real expensive dress Laughing
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Essayons

I now regret that for 20 years after my return from Vietnam that I rarely spoke about my time.in Vietnam. I threw away my dress blues and other reminders of Vietnam. Few artifacts remain of my time in Vietnam.

Such were the times during the late 1960s and beyond.

Regards,
Dick[/quote]

Dick, you were not that much different from the people I know that was in VN. To those born after or were to young to remember, they will never know or understand that much.

But, being in Kansas City, this Fonda thing is hitting the airways both Nationaly but locally and it is 70% for Smith and 2% undeceided and only 28% against Smith. I do not think what he did was right, to spit on someone is beyond bounds, but on their grave is a different manner.
crockspot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that Jane has been willingly sprayed with nastier substances.

wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/movies/article.adp?id=20050420151109990019

Quote:
<snip>
Lockhart said Smith was released on bond late Tuesday night and is due to appear in municipal court on May 27.

Smith, a Vietnam veteran, told The Kansas City Star on Wednesday that Fonda was a "traitor" and that her protests against the war were unforgivable. He said he normally does not chew tobacco but did so Tuesday solely to spit juice on the actress.

"I consider it a debt of honor," he told The Star for a story on its Web site, www.kansascity.com. "She spit in our faces for 37 years. It was absolutely worth it. There are a lot of veterans who would love to do what I did."
Snip>

[Edit add:] I've been thinking about this off and on today. Thought I had become civilized after all these years have passed. However, I am finding myself taking great pleasure in this. The sign thing just wouldn't have made the same impression.
Delta Tango 68
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Spitting Reply with quote

As someone who was spit on and called "sucker" in Dec. '68 in the San Francisco airport, I applaud and salute Michael Smith's action.

Perhaps two wrongs don't make a right. but one little spit speaks volumes for many of our sentiments, which could never be expressed to Hanoi Jane in person.
We've been verbally spit on so much it's like an extended monsoon-rainy season.
It sends a message, that she will seemingly NEVER get mentally, but physically represents thousands of veterans anger. A message louder than a corrugated hooch roof being showered on; and that's pretty loud.

And you know what they say about payback.

I hope someone else repeats this scene; they will just be branded another "Claiming to be a disGRUNTled Vietnam Vet, arrested for disorderly conduct and/or assault, Fonda-Spitter."

I'd call that branding, "The Wet badge of COURAGE."

Sorry, but I'll never be one for silent protests; actions speak louder than words.

Our credibility has been condemmed for going on 40 years; some of us are still bitter. I may be out of ammo, but will always have some spit for people like her.

What kind of behavior would one expect from a crazed baby killer and war criminal; right?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Drudge:
http://www.local6.com/entertainment/4400956/detail.html

Quote:
Veteran Has No Regrets For Spitting On Jane Fonda
Man Says He Did It For Veterans

POSTED: 7:36 am EDT April 21, 2005

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A man who had waited in line at a book-signing in Kansas City for Academy Award-winning actress Jane Fonda spit tobacco juice in her face Tuesday night.

The suspect, Vietnam veteran Michael A. Smith, 54, Smith said that his actions were planned and he has no regrets. He said he's a Vietnam veteran still angry at Fonda for her trip to Hanoi in 1972.

"She's a traitor, and she cost the lives of a lot of good men," Smith, who was 19 when he was sent to fight in Vietnam, told KMBC-TV in Kansas City. "She didn't do anything to the government -- she slapped us in the face."

In 1972, Fonda, who actively opposed the Vietnam War, was photographed sitting in a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft tank. About her involvement in the Vietnam War, Fonda has publicly apologized for the photo. She has called it an incredible lapse in judgment.

During her Tuesday night visit, Fonda talked to the crowd about her trip to North Vietnam.

"We were sending people to die -- believing we were helping South Vietnam," Fonda said. "I made a terrible mistake, and for that I'm very sorry -- I really hurt people."

"I expressed my opinion of her -- to her," Smith said. "I had the opportunity -- a lot of guys won't have it -- and I did it for them."

Event organizers said the incident was dishonorable.

"We really need to learn how to talk it out with people who do not share the same opinions we share," said Vivien Jennings, with Rainy Day Books.

"It is a challenge for people to think -- to think beyond their ideas," said Roger Doeren, with Rainy Day Books.

"For a lot of us, the war will never end. And our war with her will never end," Smith said.

Police said they arrested Smith for spitting on Fonda.

Fonda, 67, spoke at Unity Temple in Kansas City’s Plaza shopping district about her new book, "My Life So Far," and her new movie with Jennifer Lopez called "Monster-In-Law."

At about 9 p.m., police said Smith, who had been waiting in line for about 90 minutes, passed a book to Fonda and then spit a large amount of tobacco juice into her face.

"He whirled and spit at the same time," said Jennings.

The man then ran away and was taken into custody by off-duty officers, who were providing security for the event.

Smith was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, which is a city charge.

Fonda didn’t miss a beat. The tobacco juice was wiped off and she continued to sign autographs for the next people in line.

"(Fonda) said, 'Don't worry, I'm fine. He just has issues,' and she just kept on signing books. She didn't even get up out of her chair," Jennings said.

Fonda is not pressing charges against the alleged spitter, but the city does plan to charge him with disorderly conduct. The actress, who flew to Minneapolis Wednesday for another appearance on the book tour she began April 5, issued a statement through Jynne Martin of Random House, which published her book.

"In spite of the incident, my experience in Kansas City was wonderful and I thank all the warm and supportive people, including so many veterans, who came to welcome me last night," Fonda said. About 900 people showed up for her appearance in Kansas City
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wpage wrote:
Quote:
<snip>
Lockhart said Smith was released on bond late Tuesday night and is due to appear in municipal court on May 27.

Smith, a Vietnam veteran, told The Kansas City Star on Wednesday that Fonda was a "traitor" and that her protests against the war were unforgivable. He said he normally does not chew tobacco but did so Tuesday solely to spit juice on the actress.

"I consider it a debt of honor," he told The Star for a story on its Web site, www.kansascity.com. "She spit in our faces for 37 years. It was absolutely worth it. There are a lot of veterans who would love to do what I did."
Snip>

[Edit add:] I've been thinking about this off and on today. Thought I had become civilized after all these years have passed. However, I am finding myself taking great pleasure in this. The sign thing just wouldn't have made the same impression.

Motion Seconded:
I'm fairly solidly placed in the 'Smith for President' camp, and I'll second the thought that I'm one of the 'lot of veterans who would love to do what [Smith] did.' The country's shame is that it happened in 2005 and not the 70's where it might have done some good! Today, it may be that he'll just add his name to the list of those good souls demonized by the press. Only time will tell. That scum like Hanoi's Kerry and Fonda can still make money off the sheep that follow the Media Cult only proves that McCarthy was right! :)

Deuce
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police: Veteran Arrested For Spitting On Jane Fonda
http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/politics/4396975/detail.html
This site has a video report ( and they snip in some clips of her laughing with the enemy )

Fonda fine, but vet still angry
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/11446349.htm
and this one has a pic of HJane being cleaned up ( gessshh she can't do it herself? )

wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promos on FOX News are saying that Bill O'Reilley will have a segment on Hanoi Jane Tonight (4-21-05). Insinuates she could be in real "Danger."

I guess payback is a"Bit%@H. Maybe she can really think about what she did.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters:
Quote:
I have mixed emotions on this.

Me too—a waste of chew & spit. On the other hand, if Smith could have induced himself to vomit on ole bulimic Jane, well, that might have been poetic.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article:
Quote:
"We really need to learn how to talk it out with people who do not share the same opinions we share," Jennings said.

Would that be like the "meaningful dialogue" she had with us back then? Would that include the "meaningful dialogue" we faced when we returned to the scorn of the public, brought on by the likes of Hanoi Jane and Hanoi John?

Was it "talking it out," when she called our returning POWs Liars and Hypocrites when they told stories of torture?

Or, does she mean "talking it out" like the left is doing to Bush's Judicial nominees right now?

I'm surprised any of them can keep their feet on the ground, being so full of hot air, and other stuff Wink
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Not fond of fonda Reply with quote

Dont ever forget that jane wanted the north to win. The only way they could do that was to kill enough of us to fuel the anti-war movement. Jane wanted us to die not the nva. She sure got what she wanted and a new book deal! I dont blame the guy. Semper Fi
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched O"Reilly tonight and of course he thought it was very wrong to spit on Hanoi Jane. But the woman who owned the book store where this incident occurred said that Fonda was only splattered slightly and not in her face. Seems the MSM is making a big deal of this. I do wish I could have been there. LMAO.

Where was the outcry when we were spat on in San Francisco Airport?
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They showed a snippet of him on Access Hollywood tonight, talking about his reasons for doing it. They also showed the Swift Vets & POW's for Truth site, saying how the site has been talking about Jane's appearances.

I don't think two wrongs make a right either, but I understand why he did it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: