SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry made an a** of himself today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Kerry made an a** of himself today Reply with quote

Kerry:

"I've been involved in this for a long time, longer than George Bush," Kerry said on the ABC news program "This Week with George Stephanopoulos." "I've spent 20 years negotiating, working, fighting for different kinds of treaties and different relationships around the world."

"I know that as president there's huge leverage that will be available to me, enormous cards to play," he said defending himself against criticism that his plans for Iraq have been vague. "I'm not going to negotiate in public today without the presidency, without the power. I'm going to do that as president."

i.e.,

"I have all sorts of 'secretive' contacts from my years in the senate, but I'm not going to use them unless I'M ELECTED PRESIDENT!"

Let's see - Mr. Kerry, you say you have all sorts of cards to play that could be used to U.S. and world benefit, but...

You're not going to play them, or even let the U.S. government (of which YOU ARE A PART) know about them UNLESS YOU ARE PRESIDENT?

Aren't U.S. Senators sworn to uphold the interests of the U.S.?

And, if you lose the election, you will keep all this power and these personal 'cards' secret?

So it would seem.

Or are your statements about "all those foreign contacts" you have and "all those cards you have to play" merely the rantings of a delusional megalomaniac?

FDL
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Keep it up, Dilbert! Reply with quote

It never ceases to amaze me how many different ways this idiot can find to hurt himself. Go, johnny, go! Laughing

Semper Fi!
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in Oct. '03 kerry said:

"I have it on the highest authority" that the French and Russians were
prepared to make an offer at the UN, but were rebuffed by American
officials intent on going to war, Kerry said. "I'm going to talk about
it more publicly at a later time."

The man will say anything to make himself out as an authority on all matters.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also worthy of note...

Quote:
'I want to thank George Bush for sending the goons here tonight to excite us to do a little more work'...

Stump speech in Milwaukee, 2 Aug 04
ASPB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Also worthy of note...

Quote:
'I want to thank George Bush for sending the goons here tonight to excite us to do a little more work'...

Stump speech in Milwaukee, 2 Aug 04

What we heard from Kerry today was a recognition that the farce of not going negative and of trying to portray himself as a hawk wasn't going to work. After seeing the the polls he's going deaniac on us. Just watch,,,,,,
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry wants to be able to critical of Bush's actions but does not want to expose himself to criticism. I don't have it at the ready, but Teddy Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" speech applies here!
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bush supporters are goons. What would be an appropriate name for the VVAW? I can taste the soap from my childhood now with the words I am thinking of.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a name for the VVAW, but their theme song could be that 80's hit "The Backstabbers".
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry made an a** of himself today Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Kerry:

"I'm not going to negotiate in public today without the presidency, without the power. I'm going to do that as president."

FDL

It's very telling that he doesn't want to give up his "secrets" before he is elected meaning...

I don't really have a plan at all. Trust me. Wink
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>"I've been involved in this for a long time, longer than George Bush," Kerry said on the ABC news program "This Week with George Stephanopoulos." "I've spent 20 years negotiating, working, fighting for different kinds of treaties and different relationships around the world."<<

Even though I didn't see this program, I can just imagine his ponderous tone and the jabbing of fingers.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the only notable treaty was when he told the NVA in Paris that he would win the battle for them in the US.

fwiw, presidents make treaty's,with countries..
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
Of course the only notable treaty was when he told the NVA in Paris that he would win the battle for them in the US.

fwiw, presidents make treaty's,with countries..

Actually,

Presidents, with the consent of Congress (by majority vote) make international treaties.. NOT JFnK!
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry made an a** of himself today Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
It's very telling that he doesn't want to give up his "secrets" before he is elected meaning...

I don't really have a plan at all. Trust me. Wink

I actually think Kerry is deluded enough to believe his European "pals" will actually do him favors and play nice if he becomes President.

Of course, they will screw him over royally, taking him for a sucker, should that occur.

The Internationalists with their "love and trust in humankind" just don't get it, and never will.

"He who is the friend of all humanity is not my friend."

Moliere (1622-1673), French playwright.

FDL
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's new. He makes an A** of himself every time he opens his mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: