SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge report is developing breaking news about Vets actions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Drudge report is developing breaking news about Vets actions Reply with quote

Anybody know what is about to happen. From what I can understandof it, I think I am going to like it.

We veterans are the ones who can torpedoe Kerry's sorry rear end.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like someone nudged Drudge. "psssst, some one knows who Kerry really is..."
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like tomorrow will be an interesting news day.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting this because Drudge will move it and make it tough to find....

From www.drudgereport.com (bolding mine)

Quote:
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE AUG 03, 2004 21:35:02 ET XXXXX

ANTI-KERRY VETS GATHER FOR ASSAULT; BOOK CLAIMS KERRY WAR 'FABRICATIONS'

**Exclusive**

A veterans group seeking to deeply discredit Democrat John Kerry's military service will charge in the new bombshell book UNFIT FOR COMMAND:

Two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

All three of Kerry's Purple Hearts were for minor injuries, not requiring a single hour of hospitalization.

A "fanny wound" was the highlight of Kerry's much touted "no man left behind" Bronze Star.

Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of "heroism" by filing a false report on the incident.

Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter.

Kerry's reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go -- becoming the only Swift Boat veteran to serve only four months.

The Kerry campaign is planning to vigorously counter the charges and will accuse the veteran's groups of being well-financed by a top Bush donor from Texas, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"They hired a god***n private investigator to dig up trash!" charged a top Kerry adviser traveling with the senator late Tuesday. "This is pay for play, and the dirtiest of all dirty tricks ever played on a candidate for the presidency. How low can they go?"

Kerry supporters are comparing the effort by the veterans to the Arkansas State troopers tell-all against Bill Clinton.

UNFIT FOR COMMAND will not be released until August 15.

The names. The details. All on the record.

Beginning tomorrow, the DRUDGE REPORT will break the embargo.

TWO of the wounds self-inflicted?

NO hospitalization? That's news to me, too.

Have to laugh on this point.... if there wasn't any trash to dig up, they wouldn't have had anything to worry about, would they?
Ralph H. Todd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Breaking News on Drudge Reply with quote

I have been patiently waiting for Kerry to get challenged on truth about his 4 months. God Bless the Swift Boat Veterans for a willingness to stand-up and denounce a person who I personally consider a traitor, liar, and unfit not only to be commander in chief but to serve in the Senate or any office that requires taking a oath to the United States. I would like to know what will happen in addition to the book. Please spell out some specific projects. I want to contribute but want more information on what your plans are for the next 3 months. Very Happy
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! all three are pinpricks, e.g not serious medical attention required.

PH! "Thorn *****" Louis Leyton, the Doctor.

PH3 "contusion" aka bruise.

PH2 don't know but no time off-duty.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Yes!!! Reply with quote

This is huge news, and goes along well with the UPI story on some POWs pissed at Kerry. I for one would like to know how - other than to say a few choice cuss words - to counter the Kerry hack's defense: that the book is a bunch of lies concocted by a big, rich Bush supporter in Texas. That claim is so ridiculous I should probably just ignore it, but - just so I can defend myself and the SBVTs - what are the exact facts behind that claim? I do know John O'Neill's story, and I consider him to be a courageous and honorable man. Don't tell me he's the one they mean! Thanks to anyone who can answer. Semper Fi!
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Don't attack Kerry's medals Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

I would advise AGAINST arguing over whether Kerry deserved his medals. As far as I know, any injury that results from enemy activities even if self-inflicted (e.g. a fragment from one's own shell or grenade comes back) or indirect (a sailor is thrown into a bulkhead as his ship maneuvers to avoid a torpedo, or a Humvee crashes while trying to avoid enemy fire) is eligible. (Accidents are not; e.g. an accident that is not associated with enemy activity.)

The other side can always argue that Kerry was at least close enough to the enemy to qualify for them, so we can go back and forth with them without getting anywhere. It's sort of like the trench warfare in World War I: much effort for little if any gain.

There are PLENTY of things wrong with Kerry that are far worse and the other side CANNOT argue about them. We must attack what the other side cannot defend. This is, incidentally, how I disposed of the anti-Second Amendment Million Mom March (which was backed by Hillary Clinton and possibly George Soros). It didn't even involve arguing the Second Amendment, but rather exposing the group for using 501(c)(3) tax exempt money to support Gore's campaign.

See http://www.stentorian.com/politics/kerry/ for some thoughts.
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

You can advise against as long as it pleases. Sounds as if you're still trying to play fair with a man and a group that have no principles. I admire you for it but is's too late. For Example, From NRO.....

Quote:
Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out
The medical description of his first wound.

By Byron York

Some critics of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry have questioned the circumstances surrounding the first of three Purple Hearts Kerry won in Vietnam. Those critics, among them some of Kerry's fellow veterans, have suggested that a wound suffered by Kerry in December 1968 may have made him technically eligible for a Purple Heart but was not severe enough to warrant serious consideration, even for a decoration that was handed out by the thousands. Whatever the case, Kerry was awarded the Purple Heart, and, along with two others he won later, it allowed him to request to leave Vietnam before his tour of duty was finished.

Kerry was treated for the wound at a medical facility in Cam Ranh Bay. The doctor who treated Kerry, Louis Letson, is today a retired general practitioner in Alabama. Letson says he remembers his brief encounter with Kerry 35 years ago because "some of his crewmen related that Lt. Kerry had told them that he would be the next JFK from Massachusetts." Letson says that last year, as the Democratic campaign began to heat up, he told friends that he remembered treating one of the candidates many years ago. In response to their questions, Letson says, he wrote down his recollections of the time. (Letson says he has had no contacts with anyone from the Bush campaign or the Republican party.) What follows is Letson's memory, as he wrote it.

I have a very clear memory of an incident which occurred while I was the Medical Officer at Naval Support Facility, Cam Ranh Bay.
John Kerry was a (jg), the OinC or skipper of a Swift boat, newly arrived in Vietnam. On the night of December 2, he was on patrol north of Cam Ranh, up near Nha Trang area. The next day he came to sick bay, the medical facility, for treatment of a wound that had occurred that night.

The story he told was different from what his crewmen had to say about that night. According to Kerry, they had been engaged in a fire fight, receiving small arms fire from on shore. He said that his injury resulted from this enemy action.

Some of his crew confided that they did not receive any fire from shore, but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The crewman thought that the injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting from that mortar round when it struck the rocks.

That seemed to fit the injury which I treated.

What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm. The metal fragment measured about 1 cm. in length and was about 2 or 3 mm in diameter. It certainly did not look like a round from a rifle.

I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound.

The wound was covered with a bandaid.

Not [sic] other injuries were reported and I do not recall that there was any reported damage to the boat.

The rest of the medals, or at least the circumstances surrounding them are alrealdy in writing and will be seen next week in "Unfit for Command"

I appreciate your sense of fair play. Unfortunately Kerry hasn't, doesn't and won't. Self-inflicted injuries do "not" count. Both by regulation and by honor. That's why Max Cleland is unfortunately short 3 limbs but has no Purple Heart for the incident. A once honorable man whose service was honorable and who has spent his honor dishonorably for personal gain. A "late to the party" opportunist like Kerry!

Last edited by ASPB on Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I understand your argument and, were I to look at this from a purely pragmatic political perspective, I would probably support your position.

Unfortunately, I cannot, in good conscience, do that. I am convinced that, just as surely as he opportunistically sold out his country and his fellow veterans for crass political gain with his seditious anti-war activity, he also manipulated and perverted the award process on at least one occasion (PH#1) for self-serving purposes...and a case is still being made that there may be more.

Given that belief, aren't we almost compelled by the same sense of honor that Kerry so clearly lacked, and for which we so revile him, to establish the truth of his Vietnam service even though our political calculus tells us it may not be the wisest course?
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay is right!

Pure political calculus would lead us to avoid these issues. In a sense this confirms that we're "not" here for political purposes but as a matter of honorl.

If the RNC or Bush/Cheney campaign thought what we're doing was potitically advantageous...we'd be embraced. We're not politically astute...we're pissed. But, then again, neither is the voting public (astute)! Wink
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't attack Kerry's medals Reply with quote

Bill Levinson wrote:
ASPB wrote:

I would advise AGAINST arguing over whether Kerry deserved his medals. As far as I know, any injury that results from enemy activities even if self-inflicted (e.g. a fragment from one's own shell or grenade comes back) or indirect (a sailor is thrown into a bulkhead as his ship maneuvers to avoid a torpedo, or a Humvee crashes while trying to avoid enemy fire) is eligible. (Accidents are not; e.g. an accident that is not associated with enemy activity.)

The other side can always argue that Kerry was at least close enough to the enemy to qualify for them, so we can go back and forth with them without getting anywhere. It's sort of like the trench warfare in World War I: much effort for little if any gain.

There are PLENTY of things wrong with Kerry that are far worse and the other side CANNOT argue about them. We must attack what the other side cannot defend. This is, incidentally, how I disposed of the anti-Second Amendment Million Mom March (which was backed by Hillary Clinton and possibly George Soros). It didn't even involve arguing the Second Amendment, but rather exposing the group for using 501(c)(3) tax exempt money to support Gore's campaign.

See http://www.stentorian.com/politics/kerry/ for some thoughts.

Bill, I disagree. I think they should repeat the old news, such as the three PHs required no hospitilization and no (or little) time off.

I also think they should make a big deal, a huge deal of the fact that they think Kerry's medals weren't deserved.

I am sure their private investigator came up with all kinds of dirt on Kerry.

I am just as sure the general public will accept this information as honest and forthright, and vote accordingly.

Doug
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't attack Kerry's medals Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
Bill, I disagree. I think they should repeat the old news, such as the three PHs required no hospitilization and no (or little) time off.

What OLD news is that? What is coming forward on Kerry has never before been made public. People get fired all the time for lying about their background. If you are going to get operated on wouldn't you want to be assured the doctor recieved his degree through years of education and not droped out of school first 4 months and just printed his own degree?
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't attack Kerry's medals Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
I also think they should make a big deal, a huge deal of
the fact that they think Kerry's medals weren't deserved.

"Be careful of what you ask for. You may just get it"

Along with the facts about meeting with and aiding/abetting the enemy.

Along with the facts about false accusations of widespread atrocities.

Along with the facts about advocating the enemy's surrender terms

Along with the facts about the tributes by the enemy for the above.

Along with the facts about the people that died as a result of the above

As many as three million of them.

........................ ........................

................. http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/vietnam.htm ..................

.................................. Johnny we hardly knew ye ..................................

Last edited by rbshirley on Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Levinson, I understand where you are coming from, I know of no veteran who relishes the thought of questioning any fellow vets military record more specifically his decorations.

However I know of no veteran since Benedict Arnold to have a career so full of questionable acts, and in this case extraordinary dubious ratio of decorations to time served and days in infirmary.

These decorations were rejected by Kerry in the most disgusting of acts in the 70's. Today they hang on his Senate office wall. If he is proud of them today, what about the POW's yesterday when he disposed of these decorations. What about those POW's?

If Kerry had released his entire military record at the outset none of this may have come to light, possibly. There is a reason for all we do and there is most assuredly a reason Kerry has not released his full military record.

The only quality featured in the DNC convention was Kerry's 'war hero' status. There are tens of thousands of Vets who find such a assertion to be revolting and the press has refused to cover this to date.

Let the chips fall where they may. Kerry may very well win the election however John O’Neill will have finally completed his obligatory duty as an officer and a gentleman by advising the public at large of Kerry's mendacious qualities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: