SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bus driver should of knocked out those punk kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Bus driver should of knocked out those punk kids Reply with quote

I am going to go full tilt to protect the driver against these evil kids. Damn, people need to know how evil the little ***** who have no strong nuclear families are.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many have emailed F-O-X asking, why don't they show any video of this prior to the driver getting up to deal with what looks like unruly kids? The "boys" attorney was on F-O-X this morning saying they only defended themselves. Rolling Eyes

Let's see, no discipline allowed, the kids run the schools and do pretty much as they please and no one better interfer with them or else they are "stifling a genius," and they wonder why the suicide rates are so high among kids today and they go to school and shoot them up?

When I was a kid, you didn't dare pull any of this stuff kids today do. If you did, your butt was warmed several times, before your Dad got ahold of you and gave you a good whoopin. Shocked
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something?? What is this about? Where is a link??
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is NBC's take on it;

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=3384&z=3&p=

This should be the video itself;

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=3404&z=3&p=
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

When I was a kid, you didn't dare pull any of this stuff kids today do. If you did, your butt was warmed several times, before your Dad got ahold of you and gave you a good whoopin. Shocked

The fear of my father would of kept me from even thinking of getting physical with an elder.
Army_(Ret)
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

The fear of my father would of kept me from even thinking of getting physical with an elder.

My father would take his belt off and use it on us kids. Would have welts on our legs. My older brother finally caught the belt swing in his fist one day when he was about 19 and held it, and smiled at my dad. My dad smiled back, and never did it again. I'm not a bit sorry today for him doing that though, kept me out of a lot of trouble. He laughs about it now, he says, "the way I handled you kids would have me in jail today".
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army_(Ret) said

Quote:
He laughs about it now, he says, "the way I handled you kids would have me in jail today".

Ain't that the truth!!!
Today's Social Services busybodies would see it as child abuse!

I'll bet the parents (or single parent) of these punks will not further discipline them.
Instead they will be mollycoddled and treated as victims of that out-of-control busdriver!!
They will demand he be fired and are probably seeing $$$$$ in a big lawsuit against the school district.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Receives Felony Assault Charge (Hard Time)

Driver Receives Misdemeanor Assault Charge (No Time)

Expect the charges against the driver to be dismissed as he was acting in his capacity to protect the students.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Kid Receives Felony Assault Charge (Hard Time)

Driver Receives Misdemeanor Assault Charge (No Time)

Expect the charges against the driver to be dismissed as he was acting in his capacity to protect the students.

Cool Cool Cool

I pray that happens. Thing is people do not understand the driver did the right thing in acting fast and with decisive force to control a pack mentality. He had a group of people becoming animals and had to react and did so appropriately by slapping the kid who got up and approached from his rear. He showed further restraint as he waited for the police to come. yet the kids were challenging him to a fight and enchroaching him. Sick...the parents of those kids are my next target. Waiting to see what happens.

edit add-on:
When I say he showed further restraint...I mean from the start he could of actually punched the young kid and possibly killed him, yet showed restraint by slapping the punk.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in school (decades ago) my bus driver would have put us off the bus at the first indication of a problem, go to a phone booth (before cell phones), call the school and report it. The parents would then be notified as to where we were dropped off and then it's in the parents hands. Junior high/high school kids know what a proper behavior is on the bus. They should not get a free pass. Bad behavior deserves a stiff consequence no matter how old one is. My kids and grandkids know if they smart off to a teacher, bus driver, or any responsible adult there will be h*** to pay if they are in the wrong. They will get an attitude adjustment deserving of the offense. Now if the adult is wrong the parents will fight tooth and nail for the kids. I have personally done that on a number of occasions for my kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: