SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain at it again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: McCain at it again. Reply with quote

What is the matter with this guy?? Shocked Shocked He flips off the Judiciary with a big middle finger and now thinks this is worthy of his concern. The man needs to get a life. There is something wrong with this man.

McCain Offers Measure for Testing in Pro Sports
By LYNN ZINSER
WASHINGTON, May 24 - Senator John McCain, the Arizona Republican, unveiled the much-anticipated proposal for a Clean Sports Act on Tuesday, the culmination of a series of hearings full of discontent with steroid testing in professional sports. The legislation aims to require standardized testing procedures and stiffer punishments for athletes who test positive for banned substances.

Last edited by GM Strong on Wed May 25, 2005 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grab your Pepto this McCain shiestfest isn't over. This weekend brings the debut of the McCain biopic, "Faith of my Fathers".

-Wlm Shakespeare
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and god help the NASCAR driver or crew chief caught with
an illegal restrictor plate...

Very Happy
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting really sick n' tired of McCain stabbing us in the back, i wish we could recall him immediately Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ted guy knew it all along
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/6/4/60019.shtml
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain has become one of the biggest grandstanding opportunist out there. He should join the rest of them and take a small step to the left. He can run on the ticket with the Hildabeast!!!!!! They make a good pair Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: McCain at it again. Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
What is the matter with this guy??

He is one of them... and he pushed Frist out of the picture... Which is what he wanted to do as soon as he lost his influence.
MJ
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain appears to be grooming himself for another Presidential run. He shows that it is he who actually runs the Senate, ripping the rug out from underneath Frist with this "deal."

Now, his book, Faith of my Fathers, is set to air on TV on the A&E network Monday, 30 May (Memorial Day) as a TV Movie.

Faith of my Fathers

It's my understanding this book and movie are all about how he "kept the faith" while a POW in North Viet Nam. I wasn't there so I won't say anything about his time there, but his political career since hasn't really impressed me that much.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything McCain has done in recent years has been TOTALLY CALCULATED towards winning the presidency. He thinks that portraying himself as a "reasonable moderate" will bring him more votes.

This may be true for the general election, many Democrats would cross over to vote for him.
What he doesn't realize is that he first has to win the nominaton and that
can't be achieved without the "Conservative base" of the party, which he
has ROYALLY P$$ED OFF!

Even his campaigning for Bush was calculated to his own ends.
He did not want Kerry to win, not because Kerry was UNFIT, but because
he would then have to wait til 2012 to run.
Everything this guy does is to serve HIMSELF, not the good of the country.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain support is soft. In the last primaries his only showings were where Democrats voted in the Republican primary. Those same Dems would never vote for him unless he were running as a Democrat. He got his butt handed to him in SC because nobody wanted him. As a Republican, he can't get any turnout at this point. The base is fed up with him. Most of McCain's support now is from his own Ego and that is not going to carry anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: