SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%@*& Reuters wants to start another riot????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: %@*& Reuters wants to start another riot???? Reply with quote

%@*& Reuters wants to start another riot????
What's your first thought when you see the headline?
I thought "OH MY GOSH"!!

FBI memo reports Guantanamo guards flushing Koran
Quote:
Wed May 25, 7:58 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An FBI agent wrote in a 2002 document made public on Wednesday that a detainee held at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, had accused American jailers there of flushing the Koran down a toilet.

The Pentagon said the allegation was not credible.

The declassified document's release came the week after the Bush administration denounced as wrong a May 9 Newsweek article that stated U.S. interrogators at Guantanamo had flushed a Koran down a toilet to try to make detainees talk. The magazine retracted the article, which had triggered protests in Afghanistan in which 16 people died.

The newly released document, dated Aug. 1, 2002, contained a summary of......

more

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it can fairly be stated that Reuters has ceased to be a news entity and has crossed into the realm of a full-fledged anti-American propagandist. It is not lost on me that encouraging anti-American hatred within the Muslim world has the interesting side effect of keeping Reuter's own backyard less terrorist attractive.

See Powerline for a post up yesterday referencing Reuter's "take" on Owens' credentials...makes you sick.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Pentagon said the allegation was not credible.

It's not credible to think that you can flush even a paperback-sized book down a toilet. It's usually 3 inch pipe (or less) and there's a gooseneck P-trap that it would never get through, even if it was capable of starting down the 3 inch section. The Koran's I saw in the T.V. coverage were a lot bigger than a paperback.
I have a solution to this: who said terrorists (these are not POWs remember) get to have access to reading material? If giving them a Koran is going to cause trouble, take them away. End of problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: