SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Depot Announces 10% Discount for Military & Veteran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Home Depot Announces 10% Discount for Military & Veteran Reply with quote

Since I'm a do it yourselfer and have to buy home products, I like hearing of a company that openly supports our Troops. Home Depot announced this recently, a 10% discount for Active Military or Veterans over Memorial Day Weekend. It's not a huge discount, but I also like reading they are taking care of those who have been called to Active Duty for the War on Terrorism.

Quote:
The Home Depot Honors Military Personnel With 10 Percent Memorial Day Weekend Discount

ATLANTA, May 23, 2005 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- The Home Depot(R), the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced that the company is inviting all active duty, reservists, retired military personnel, veterans and their families to receive 10 percent off their purchases in recognition of Memorial Day. The offer is good on purchases up to $2,000 for a maximum discount of $200 between May 26-30, 2005, at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Floor Stores(R), The Home Depot Landscape Supply(R) stores and EXPO Design Center(R) locations.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030502/HOMEDEPOTLOGO )

"This discount is our way of saying 'thanks' to the brave men and women of our armed forces," said Bob Nardelli, chairman, president & CEO of The Home Depot. "The Home Depot has an ongoing commitment to the entire U.S. military community and, during this time of remembrance, we want to show our appreciation to all of those who have served at home and abroad to preserve freedom for our nation."

To qualify, individuals must present proof of military service to the Special Services Desk at any The Home Depot store, where they will receive a coupon that is redeemable at any cashier's checkout register. Discount coupons are valid on a single receipt in-store purchase only.

The discount offer furthers the company's overall commitment to supporting the military community. In 2003, the company launched Project HomeFront, through which The Home Depot donated $1 million and 1 million volunteer hours to help military families at home while their spouses were deployed. Last July, the company made another $1 million donation in tools and supplies to support U.S. troops in the rebuilding effort in Iraq. Most recently, in September, the company launched Operation Career Front(SM), a joint program with the U.S. departments of Defense, Labor and Veterans Affairs designed to provide career opportunities to separating and retiring military service members, military spouses and other veterans.

The National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), in conjunction with the Secretary of Defense, honored The Home Depot this past September with the 2004 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award. Last April, the company was the proud recipient of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) Distinguished Service Award for its continued support of the military. The company was No. 1 on the GI Jobs list of Top 25 Most Military Friendly Employers for 2004.

Since the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, The Home Depot has had as many as 1,800 of its associates called to active duty. The corporation has extended and enhanced leave of absence benefits for each of its deployed associates.

SOURCE The Home Depot

Home Depot
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a conundrum for the junior senator from Massachusetts. He's notoriously cheap, and will do anything to save a nickel.

You don't suppose he'd show up at a local Home Depot and flash his real DD-214 to get that 10% discount, do you?

I know.....quit dreaming.... Twisted Evil
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email:
karen_haggerty@homedepot.com

I just wrote her to express my appreciation to Home Depot for recognizing
our troops, past and present, on Memorial Day.
A very nice gesture of support by that company!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
This is a conundrum for the junior senator from Massachusetts.

LOL! Too funny!

We do virtually all of our home-improvement and gardening shopping at Home Depot because of the way in which they support their reservists.

I'm glad you provided a quick email address link so that I could express my appreciation for this latest gesture.

Way to go, Home Depot!
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great to hear of a company supporting the troops. Will definately remember next time out shopping and am faced with a Loews and Depot on opposite corners.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
It is great to hear of a company supporting the troops. Will definately remember next time out shopping and am faced with a Loews and Depot on opposite corners.

Don't be so quick to diss Lowe's. They are also offering the same deal.

Quote:
Lowe´s Offers Military Discount for Memorial Day Holiday
MOORESVILLE, N.C., May. 23 /PRNewswire/ --

MOORESVILLE, N.C., May 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lowe's Companies, Inc. is offering all active, reserve and retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store purchases made during the Memorial Day weekend. The discount is available May 26-31 on all in-stock purchases up to $2,000 (excluding special order and on-line sales) with a valid military ID.

http://news.corporate.findlaw.com/prnewswire/20050523/23may2005121826.html
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
GenrXr wrote:

Don't be so quick to diss Lowe's. They are also offering the same deal.

Quote:
Lowe´s Offers Military Discount for Memorial Day Holiday
MOORESVILLE, N.C., May. 23 /PRNewswire/ --

MOORESVILLE, N.C., May 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lowe's Companies, Inc. is offering all active, reserve and retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store purchases made during the Memorial Day weekend. The discount is available May 26-31 on all in-stock purchases up to $2,000 (excluding special order and on-line sales) with a valid military ID.

http://news.corporate.findlaw.com/prnewswire/20050523/23may2005121826.html

damn, then lets see one of them bump it to 20 percent Smile

ty for the heads up Eagle
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the first time Home Depot has stood up for Vets. They have a very vigorous Vet recruiting program in effect.

Military experience is a plus to the Depot as it should be with all potential employers.

I wonder how many Vets the New York Times is laying off as they sink into newspaper hell?

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder how many Vets the New York Times is laying off as they sink into newspaper hell?

I'm guessing zero. No self-respecting vet could stand to work for that rag. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: