SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Essayons
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Star Wars Movie Reply with quote

Tonight I was treated to a viewing of Star Wars EP3. I gather it was a Chinese rip of Lucas’ latest film.

For those who are not familiar with this latest film, it is the story of how Luke Skywalker’s father, a Jedi knight, (eventually Darth Vader) is seduced to accept the Dark Side to protect his pregnant wife. His wife dies anyway. So much for the Dark Side.

Recently some have equated the film to today’s situation in Iraq. Lucas states it is related to Vietnam.

WTF! It is just a “prequel” movie that pitted good against evil. Any correlation to VN or today is a REAL stretch. All the sequels/prequels reminded me of was the old westerns where good eventually won over evil. White hat wins over black hat. The Jedi win over the Dark Side.

Jees, people have to have a drug induced imagination to view this prequel and the original Star Wars as anything but a good verses evil scenario where the good guys eventually win – the old western standard scenario, just updated with lots of computer generated graphics and endless ‘light saber” battles.

It is a good (great? prequel) lead in to the original Star Wars.

If anyone can see a one-to-one analogy/correlation to either George Bush or Richard Nixon and today’s situation in Iraq or Vietnam, well, please enlighten me.

Regards,
Dick
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Movie Reply with quote

Essayons wrote:
Tonight I was treated to a viewing of Star Wars EP3.

(Snip some content)

It is a good (great? prequel) lead in to the original Star Wars.

If anyone can see a one-to-one analogy/correlation to either George Bush or Richard Nixon and today’s situation in Iraq or Vietnam, well, please enlighten me.

Regards,
Dick

From what I have read in various places, it has something to do with one of the characters making the statment "If you are not with us, you are against us".

I do not remember which character it was or whose review it was that I read. If I find the reviews and/or etc, I will post it.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
please enlighten me.

Well, Dick, you're confused is all. To get into the liberal mindset and truly see the light, I'd suggest a prescription of medicinal pot. If you can't get that where you are, come on out to La-La-Land (California) and find a doctor who deals, um, specializes in pot prescriptions.

Toke a few ounces, and if you still have any rational thought, toke another few. Then watch Star Wars and you will understand how Darth is actually Bush and the Emperor is actually Nixon. (Please don't toke and vote. We have too many liberals here already.)

If you don't have time for that, or if you have an actual job and can't risk using weed, try a few six packs and a lot of imagination.

For fun, there is a 6-minute Star Wars 3 parody here:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2663936?htv=12&htv=12&htv=12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: