SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who would be interested in filing a lawsuit to block

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Who would be interested in filing a lawsuit to block Reply with quote

How may of us can combine to file a class action lawsuit to block Kerry's continuing to run for President? This would require a copius amount of money. Who do we know rich enough to fund this great cause???
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who would be interested in filing a lawsuit to block Reply with quote

republicanveteran wrote:
How may of us can combine to file a class action lawsuit to block Kerry's continuing to run for President? This would require a copius amount of money. Who do we know rich enough to fund this great cause???

On what grounds would this be based?

FDL
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need is a George Soro's on our side. You would think that as much money as this man is putting into this election that we would hear more about it...oh that's right...sorry forgot for a minute that we were talking about a liberal biased media. Does anyone else think that he is trying to buy this election?
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we a nation of laws or not??

Kerry broke a law which makes his run for presidency, and even his present job as part-time senator.

Democrats have not problem filing lawsuits. You wait until this election is over and President Bush wins by a small margin in several states. There will be so many we will not be able to keep track.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The law he broke is treason, plain and simple. But that does not merrit a class action law suit. The only thing that you could sue him for is slander, defamation of character for what he said 30 plus years ago, however the statute of limitations is one year for that type of suit. Now if he were to come out and repeat anything that he lied about in 1971 today as the truth then you would have a case. Your best alternative is to contact every Congressman and Senator and plead that they open an investigation of treason for his post war activities and enforce the Constitutional provisions that clearly spell out "aid and comfort to the enemy". Just my .02, Semper Fi.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kirk_Wood
What law did Kerry break?

You're just bound and determined to have someone do your homework for you. For your pleasure, I will write out a small piece of what I understand about it to give you a head start.

When John Kerry returned from Vietnam he was a commissioned officer in the Naval Reserves. In May of 1970 he went to France and, without knowledge or approval of the US government, had private discussions with Madam Win Thi Binh, the Foreign Minister of the Provisional Revolutionary Government of Vietnam (PRG) -- the political wing of the Vietcong -- and with representatives of Hanoi who were in Paris for the peace talks. He later admits to these discussions in his testimony before the US Senate in April of 1971. (You'll just have to Google that one - Try at senate.gov for starters) There is no discernable difference between Kerry's political position on the war and that of the communists.

It is illegal for a private citizen travelling abroad to consult with representatives of the leaders of a foreign country with which we are at war. The first amendment most definitely does not protect one in this instance. There is a very specific law against it, "U.S. Code 18, U.S.C. 953 - Private correspondence with foreign governments."

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/953.html

And in John Kerry's case, he wasn't a private citizen. He was a commissioned officer in the Naval Reserves (though I've seen some dispute that), and as an officer, that visit would have violated his oath to the "Uniform Code of Military Justice - Article 104 part 904."

http://www.military-network.com/main_ucmj/SUBCHAPTERX.html#904.104

Had the US government not been so terrified of the anti-war movement he would/could have been court-marshalled. The civil case is for up to 3 years in prison and a fine, and the UCMJ case can carry the death sentence.

But on a more personal level, as can be seen in his Senate testimony, he accused his comrades over in Vietnam of being murderers, rapists, war criminals, etc.! In fact, as murderers of 200,000 people per year. Had he stayed in his home state, many of these veterans who you read posting here would have left well enough alone.

I'm here because I don't believe that my father, who served in the USMC in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, is a murderer. He's no longer here to defend his own honor, but these gentlemen are doing it for him. And I feel that it's about time that these Veterans are allowed to put to rest the lies of John Kerry.

MarineBrat
recongrunt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Lawsuit Reply with quote

My hope was to get enough interest to file a class action lawsuit against the mainstream media outlets like THE NEW YORK TIMES, PETER JENNINGS, etc. We would sue for their failure to report the truth about Kerry. The Vets who served with him know the story, but only a few decent reporters are covering their story. The lawsuit would not have to go to court, but hopefully the action would provide the media coverage needed to get the word out to those who don't watch Fox and other less biased media. Any lawyers out there who could help? I could do the press releases and who knows the story might worm its way to the top.

According to Fox news 12/1 liberal reporters favor Kerry over Bush and we all know they will write accordingly.

Semper Fi

Wayne
www.burymewithsoldiers.com
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne I know your frustration. But unfortunatly they are protected by the first amendment. It would be thrown out before anyone would know. But you have other options as well, start a petition so to speak and file the complaint with the FCC. Lots of signatures on a complaint like that would warrant a look see. General complaints about unfair reporting won't cut it, you will have to prove that they willfully misrepresented the facts. Send a copy to the good channels, Fox etc. Unfortunatly complaints of the imoral left get out immediatley but ones of the moral right get no help at all. Some of the reporting borders on treason and that could be addressed as well. Good luck, Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: