SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank You

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCGCWO3Daughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

I want to thank you for everything you've done for our country and everything you are doing for the honor of our vets. My father was in the Coast Guard from 59'-81' and was a Vietnam Era Vet. He was proud of his service to our country and proud of the men and women he served with. He absolutely loathed the anti-war movement, as I found out the first time he saw Jane Fonda on our television in the early 80's (I wasn't aware the my dad could curse like that. LOL). I don't know much about that time since I wasn't born till 70' and he didn't speak often about it, but I know he would have been behind you 200% if he were alive today. It's your efforts that are preserving the respect and honor of all veterans of every service and for this you have my family's and my highest respect and deepest gratitude.

Sincerely,
Proud Daughter of a Veteran
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USCG...

I sure hope that the SBVFT signers are stopping in here every now and then to read such wonderful expressions of appreciation as you just penned.

That was terrific.

Welcome aboard!
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Coastie Daughter.

My step-daugter, who was part of a 3 ring marriage ceremony in 1974, and my son who was born in '75 both share your views.

It's rewarding that at least some of my kids' generation have the sense to understand what we were fighting for.

Too bad that many of my own generation, Kerry included, don't!
USCGCWO3Daughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please feel free to repost it on the "Vets Only" board. Since I'm not a vet, I didn't want to disrespect the rules.
sullitms
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to thank all vets for their service to this country. I'm too old now to go in and have a family to worry about now but I have always regreted not going into the service in some sort of capacity. When I see the brotherhood you guys share I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I wish I some how could have experienced what vets share with one another. You guys are my heros and I try everyday to teach my kids to give you the respect you so rightfully deserve. Thank you again!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: