SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SO the attacks have begun
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: SO the attacks have begun Reply with quote

I noticed the site was down for a while due to DOS attacks. Now be ready for the smears from the usual leftwing koolaid drinkers and Democrats.

I heard that the Kerry campaign is trying to keep the ad off of TV stations by sending intimidating letters from lawyers.

Funny how they can bash GWs Air NG service but HOW DARE anyone criticize their pet war hero John Kerry?

Funny how back then Vietnam service was evil to them but now a self admitted Vietnam war criminal is the War Hero now.

Don't they see how stupid it makes them look? How nakedly hypocritical?

Go Swiftvets!! I got your back!

lock and load.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa...there was no DOS attack...there was a WOW! attack...the server was overwhelmed by the interest generated over the last several days and the Swiftee ad automatically running on arrival.

New servers will, apparently, be online soon for the main website. The forum appears to be running just fine now...at last.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The letter from the DNC and Kerry's lawyer's threatening stations with ligation is on Drudge. It is rather lengthy.

"God I love the smell of naplam in the morning!"
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Grampa...there was no DOS attack...there was a WOW! attack...the server was overwhelmed by the interest generated over the last several days and the Swiftee ad automatically running on arrival.

New servers will, apparently, be online soon for the main website. The forum appears to be running just fine now...at last.

Both the website server and the BB server? The few times I've been able to get on the BB there has been no more that 22 users on line. I can understand a "WOW" effect with the ad. But the BB which has a separate URL?
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Muzzling the Swiftees! Reply with quote

The letter is available at:

www.humaneventsonline.com

The attorney's phone #s are at the end; I urge vets to use them, but be clear and to the point (without cussing!). Semper Fi!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Both the website server and the BB server? The few times I've been able to get on the BB there has been no more that 22 users on line. I can understand a "WOW" effect with the ad. But the BB which has a separate URL?

This is above my pay grade, but is it not possible for one server (or networked servers) to host more than 1 url?
NAV307
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had looked forward to The O'Reilly Factor tonight ... but he and Dick Morris dissed the ad and the motivation of the group. And, they don't seem to understand the relevance of Kerry's service during and after as an indicator of his qualifications for Commander in Chief. Putting it mildly, I was dissapointed and sent off an Email telling him so ... and why. Fair and balanced did not happen tonight. Hope he reads "the book" and apologizes.

Swiftvets ... keep the pressure on. Right has to rule on this issue.

NAV 307
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert on phBB, but from what I can tell, it's different than ezBoard - it requires installation on the site's server and it uses the site's bandwidth to operate, like some other bulletin boards do. (dcforum or vBulletin, for instance)

An ezBoard will continue to operate when the site is down because it's hosted on its own servers which don't interface with the site's servers.

Hope I didn't just manage to confuse things further? I can be good at that! Wink
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
ASPB wrote:

This is above my pay grade, but is it not possible for one server (or networked servers) to host more than 1 url?

It could be one server but from the little I know (and it ain't much) that hosts use separate high-speed servers for the site, and separate slower servers for BBs. Are we using a common host for both? Jut from looking at the URL's I don't think so. But I'm dumb......

Let the technogeeks hammer me for this! Laughing Please! Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

Let the technogeeks hammer me for this! Laughing Please! Wink

I'm just a geekess-in-training, so they don't let me have hammers, yet. Wink

But, as far as I know, the BB was hosted on the old server for a time, today while they moved the site content to the new server, then the bulletin board was moved to the new server, as well.

This server is not shared with any other root URL - no other sites will be served up from this one - it's dedicated solely to swiftvets.com.

I think they're still tweaking it, because of the error messages I'm getting, but I'm fairly sure that it's all on the same server, now.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: O'Reilly & the ad Reply with quote

Also was disappointed in O'Reilly (but Morris is an ass so no point if being disappointed in him).
O'Reilly measures EVERYTHING by whether one is willing to go on his show and face him. He said if SwiftVets will come on the show he will "listen". Here is an opportunity I hope somebody like RADM Hoffman will welcome.
It appears the entire media doesn't comprehend that Swifts worked in packs. were berthed together, the functions of superiors in the command chain, etc. so it credits only the opinions of those on Kerry's two boats. (On Hannity, Susan Estrich kept making the point that Green Beret Rassmann served on Kerry's boat. Huh? Wasn't he just getting a ride?)
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, here's some meat to chew on. The letter from the lawyers has one line that could turn the clock back 30+ years and apply to their client so well:

Quote:
"And yet these reckless charges of criminal conduct are offered without support or authentication, by fake "witnesses" speaking on behalf of a phony organization."

Hmmm, Winter Solder. Hmmm, Kerry's own testimony in Congress.

Sound familiar?
panther1505
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: THEY'RE RIGHT, BUT IT'S A SPIN Reply with quote

You have to admit. Those blood suckers who call themselves lawyers are right, when they say that the men in that ad didn't serve on John Kerry's swiftboat.
But, that's nothing but a huge spin on the facts. THEY NEVER SAID THAT THEY SERVED WITH HIM ON HIS BOAT.
THEY SAID THAT THEY SERVED WITH HIM.
The scary part about the lawyers letter to the TV stations is that of course the stations are going to comply because, first, they don't want to hurt John Kerry's chance of becoming President. And second, I honestly believe that some of the people (I have a better choice of word, but I don't want to name call.) who run the TV stations will actually believe what the lawyers are saying.
As will a lot of the voting public who support John Kerry. I just hope that the undecideds don't fall for these misrepresentations of the facts, and the Democrats way of rewording things for their own benefit, whether it's true or not.
The one person who I am disappointed in the most is John McCain. I didn't serve in Vietnam. I am just a peace time vet, but I think that all vets should support each other. Unless, the vet is blatantly telling lies, and being unethical. As in John Kerry's case.
CSC 1/505th Airborne Infantry
1980 - 1983
VNVet-PBRBob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: WE NEED TO UNITE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER Reply with quote

Mad

THE MEDIA AND DNC WILL ATTACK OUR BROTHERS JUST LIKE THE VC THEY WILL GO FOR THEIR BACK. IN COMING!

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LIST OF THE EMAIL ADDRESSES OF THE MAIN MEDIA OUTLETS, CABLE, TV, NEWSPAPERS, ETC??? WE NEED TO POST THE LIST ON THIS WEB SITE.

EVERY VIETNAM VET NEEDS TO WRITE EMAILS AND LETTERS TO THE BROADCAST MEDIA ACROSS THE COUNTRY. WE NEED TO STAND UP AND FIGHT!

DURING THE 70'S MANY OF YOU WERE SPIT ON AND CALLED NAMES. IT IS TIME TO UNITE AND FIGHT FOR OUR BORTHERS. IN COMING! Mad

PBR-BOB
USN (67-73) ETR-2
VN 69-70
ROCRAGO@AOL.COM

"BROWN WATER SAILORS TO STOP KERRY"
panther1505
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: I'VE TRIED TO CONTACT THE MEDIA Reply with quote

PBRBob,
I've tried to contact my local media news station, specifically the Editorial Director. He answered my first note, thanking me for contacting him, and that he would get back to me with some information. Then my second note, he told me that he forwarded it on to his boss and that she would be getting in touch with me. Needless to say, she never contacted me. Since then I have sent numerous emails, some of them with attachments. But I have yet to receive any response with any substance.
I myself honestly don't think that there's a media outlet worth a rat's behind anymore these days.
For some reason they are all for the democrats. They don't seem to realize that Clinton's inaction after the World Trade Center was attacked in 1993, and then when the embassies in Africa were attacked in 1996, and then the U.S.S. Cole was attacked in 2000, was a major reason why the attrocities happened on September 11, 2001.
The terrorists took Clinton's jaw-jacking as a sign of weakness. They saw that every time they attacked, all that Clinton would do is go on television, and say,
"we are going to hunt down those responsible, and punish them to the furthest extent of the law."
They just laughed and went on to bigger and better targets.

Clinton and the rest of the democrats want to treat the terrorists like common criminals. They want to treat them like some thug who just committed a B&E, or a purse snatching.
I have my own ideas of how I would take care of them, but the liberal cry babies, along with their buddies in France would cry that it's inhumane.
CSC 1/505th Airborne Infantry
1980 - 1983
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: