SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dems aim to increase army size ???????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Dems aim to increase army size ??????? Reply with quote

http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/071305/brief3.html
Quote:
Dems aim to increase army size
A team of Senate and House Democrats today are planning to introduce legislation today aimed at significantly increasing size of the U.S. Army.

http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/071305/brief3.html

What's with the Democrats? They don't do anything without an ulterior motive. Why, all of a sudden, do they want to push for more troops?
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006 & 2008 elections! They are trying to portray themselves as strong on national defense. What is truly sad is that they will actually fool some people into thinking they care about our military. To see Hillary sitting with our soldiers makes me sick. This is the same woman that demanded that no military uniforms be worn in the Whitehouse during the Clinton administration. The rule was if you had to wear a uniform, you had to duck into the nearest office if you were in a hallway at the same time as her. If there was no office to duck into, you were to avoid eye contact with her. All of a sudden she is pro military. I don't think so! It is up to us to ensure that she loses big in "08"!
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can legislate all they want, but the troop level won't increase unless the Pentagon needs them and the budget pays for them. It's like telling Ford or GM to hire 5,000 more workers, if they aren't needed, they won't be hired. Meanwhile the Ultra-left supporters of these same dunces are out in San Fran Nan's district trying to keep the recruiters out of the schools.

Even so, they better vote for it before they vote against it.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:

Even so, they better vote for it before they vote against it.

Sorry!! I had a momentary lapse. I completely forgot about the flip-flop factor.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is an attempt to force the military to add paople at a time when recruiting volunteers is down forcing either failure to add the number they want or start the draft back up to get enough people. Either way I think it is a setup so they have something to complain about later. After all, complaining is what they do best.
My solution to this is to put a rider on it that we will draft the people we need, but only from the senators districts that vote for this bill.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recall that during the election, the Liberals were spreading the word that Congress was secretly planning to renew the draft. It was true. Charlie Rangel, D-NYC, had a bill up with other co-sponsoring Democrats, which when the House leadership forced to a vote, went down in defeat, because even Rangel would not vote for his own bill.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso Says:
Quote:
I believe this is an attempt to force the military to add people at a time when recruiting volunteers is down forcing either failure to add the number they want or start the draft back up to get enough people.

I say it's all about the draft. They are truly desperate. The all voluntary army is a great success. If you were able to draft radical leftists it would profoundly weaken the military's ability to do it's variant jobs.

There would be many, many more press leaks from the battlefield.

There would be a growing pool of malcontent Veterans.... who were malcontent before they were drafted.

You would very soon have a full scale replay of VVAW/Winter Soldier and JfrickingiwanttobepresidentKerry's .

Increasing the troop level for the Democrats is all about weakening America. Not a hard equation to figure.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iraqi govt. just said that Iraqi troops were now capeable of handling security in some cities, and that foreign troops could pull out of those cities. Our guys are getting the job done, and done well. The Dems need to stir up negative feelings before the success becomes apparent to everyone, and they get creamed in another election. Keep spreading the truth, and it will prevail over their lies!
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davman wrote:
To see Hillary sitting with our soldiers makes me sick. This is the same woman that demanded that no military uniforms be worn in the Whitehouse during the Clinton administration. The rule was if you had to wear a uniform, you had to duck into the nearest office if you were in a hallway at the same time as her. If there was no office to duck into, you were to avoid eye contact with her. All of a sudden she is pro military.

I was not aware of this or I simply (shame on me) forgot. Any links to read about this so I can start some crap on another forum?
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read "Unlimited Access" by Gary Aldrich, former FBI Agent. It will scare the crap out of you. His observations of the Clintonoids have all been shown to be true. Pay Heed.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appears to be bi-partisan support for something the Army has wanted for a long time. To wage the war on terror and still support a full mobilization for an additional threat area (say in Asia), the Army needs two more Divisions on hand.

The SOD has banked on a pullout from Europe to meet the need for two Divisions without an increase in end strength. Most analysts disagree with this philosophy as it exposes Europe to an invasion by our friends in former Soviet Union.

It is important to remember that it is the same team involved in running the Russian government and military that was in place during the Cold War. Contrary to popular belief, the Russian economy is on the ropes and an unprotected Europe would be ripe for the picking.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would they fund 80,000 more troops? The Liberals will NEVER give up any social programs. My suggestion would be to cut foreign aid to any country critical of the USA. Aid may be free, but that doesn't mean it doesn't come with a price.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has noticed? The day the Clintons left the White House with all of its furnishings was the last day they their name was to be used to accept any responsibility for problems in this country. We need 80,000 more troops becaus the Bush Administration has the troop levels too low. The recession started the day Bush took office. The intelligence lapse was created by the Bush Administration. 911 was the result of the Bush Administration policies. N. Korea has the weapon because Bush gave nuclear secrets to China thus allowing them to transfer these same secrets to N. Korea. We must all remember. Ask any democrat. They believe they have the Constitutional Right to lie.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
There appears to be bi-partisan support for something the Army has wanted for a long time. To wage the war on terror and still support a full mobilization for an additional threat area (say in Asia), the Army needs two more Divisions on hand.

I agree that this is motivated by political concerns and nothing else.

However, if it must be, forget the 2 Army divisions. You could get better enonomy of force from 1 Marine Division.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly how are we supposed to increase troop size by 80,000 (or whatever number) when the Army (as well as other services) are having problems meeting current enlistment goals?

The same question also occured to me when Kerry was running for president and advocated increasing "special forces" numbers --

The obvious answer, of course, is to lower standards

Question Question Question Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: