SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Savage, love him or hate him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Michael Savage, love him or hate him Reply with quote

Ok, why is it I feel a little, just a little, a tad little dirty in admitting this: I like Michael Savage.

First I thought it was the fact that he's just around my age and he's a Bronz kid and I was a Brooklyn kid. Pretty much the same. His nostalgic stuff often cracks me up.

He's great with a microphone. He milks it. His strong New York accent rubs a lot of folks the wrong way, but on the other hand, it's a tool and it's a voice that you associate with directness.

He's as ego driven as most of his talk show peers. And most of the time, it's always about Michael.

He's a little weird with the Jewish denial thing, his real name being Michael Alan Weiner. I don't get that part of him.

But what I like about Mr. Savage is that he has huge cajones. Mighty cajones. He's the only guy I know who lays it on the line and doesn't hedge his positions.

And right now, I'll bet those cajones are a main reason why he's one of the few widely circulated commentators (print, blog, radio, TV) who comes right out and says what I think many people truly feel inside as regards to Islamist Terrorists: "They're scum, they have to be killed"

Agree with him or not, it takes balls to communicate this, day after day. And for that, I appreciate the fact that he has the opportunity to be heard.
C-130 Son
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like Savage too. Although, I do find myself double checking things he says every now and then. I have read two of his books so far and enjoyed them both.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage is very intense and sometimes harsh, be he means what he says and is genuine. He gets repetitive sometimes as well. I do tune him in now and then. What is best, he drives Liberals and leftists nuts. Especially two noted transplanted East Coast Libs as in Boxer(NYC) and Pelosi (MD)
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the guy and he is about two years ahead of everybody else when it comes to politicial issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: