SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reactions to the Swiftees' ad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Limbaugh's show, today! Thanks for posting about it.

There are a bunch of Swifts on Hannity's show, right now - this show will stream on Hannity's site until tomorrow's show starts, so please check it out:

www.hannity.com > listen online > choose your player.

ADM Hoffman is on with the webmaster for this site and a couple of other guys, Van O'Dell is one.... still listening.

What a lot of changes in the "popular" versions of the story we've all heard - all hell is breaking loose!

How long before the pro-Kerry alphabet media picks it up?
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone gone to www.democratunderground.com to read what they are saying about the ad? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djv wrote:
Has anyone gone to www.democratunderground.com to read what they are saying about the ad? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Wink

Of course we have. Heh heh heh...

They're only making their candidate look bad. They forget that they have a LOT of visitors who are curious - and the things they're saying will make a LOT of those wonder what it is that the Swifts have to say that is so threatening.

And that will bring them here. That will have them reading John O'Neill's book. And they will see the other side and realize what it is that is so scary to the Kerry campaign.

I'm listening the Hannity's show, right now - apparently Kerry/Edwards 2004's attorneys are sending out letters to television stations warning/threatening them about showing the Swifts' ad!!! This is also on Drudgereport.com and humaneventsonline.com:

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_pdf.html
Quote:
Human Events Exclusive:
DNC Lawyers Work To Muzzle Swift Boat Vets' Ad

HUMAN EVENTS has obtained a copy of a letter which lawyers for the Democratic National Committee and John Kerry have sent to television station managers attempting to suppress the blistering anti-John Kerry TV spot created by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and first reported here on Human Events Online (click here to view the ad).
The letter claims the ad is "false" and "libelous" and suggests, in not-so-subtle terms, that TV stations should use their "legal authority" to refuse any requests for advertising airtime, stating that "because your station has this freedom [to refuse the ad], and because it is not a 'use' of your facilities by a clearly identified candidate, your station is responsible for the false and libelous charges made by this sponsor" (emphasis added).

As their first piece of evidence of the ad's supposed lies, the DNC/Kerry lawyers claim that the veterans in the ad "purport to have served on Senator Kerry's SWIFT Boat in Vietnam" but, "in fact, not a single one of the men who pretend to have served with Senator Kerry was actually a crewmate of Senator Kerry's." The problem is that none of these men claimed to have served on Kerry's SWIFT Boat. They simply said they "served with John Kerry" -- and they did.

The letter goes on to make several more misleading statements about the advertisement, in an attempt to protect Kerry's "war hero" record. Read the full text below.

(see the fax of the letter at the site)

Whoa! What an eye full!

And what desperation!
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say Yahoooooo!!! I just saw it on NBC4 in L.A. and they edited it so badly that not much of it came through except they missed the part about kerry not telling the truth. At the end the news anchor said this add was paid for by the Republican campaign. Of course no need to ask, I fired an email right at them to clarify that lie. When the truth hurts lie then lie then lie some more. Semper Fi.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRAVO ZULU

I donated $100 to see the ad in prime time.

I've also been commenting on blogs that think the ad "will cause a backlash." If it does, it will only be from people who don't understand how dishonorable John Kerry has been in his career.

I've been referring skeptics to the bulletin board here, for further education.

Keep up the good work, folks!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly condemned the ad as "vicious" and "brutal" tonight. He had Dick Morris critique it. O'Reilly seemed upset over the ad and condemend it.

I emailed him with;

"O'Reilly, you are way off base on this one. Swiftvets earned, with their blood, the right to speak out against Kerry just as much as other vets have the right to speak for him."

If he keeps speaking up for Kerry, I may just have to boycott him, LOL Rolling Eyes
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to O'Reilly, too, even though I am sure it will have ZERO effect on what he's thinking.

I posted the gist of my letter to him on another bulletin board:

I'm so ticked about O'Reilly's response, I could spit.

He's missed every single friggin' point and allowed himself to be distracted to every possible bit of irrelevant information.

Dick Morris pretending that half a million is such a big deal in a political campaign? Pffffftttt.... he knows better than that!

If ONE PERCENT of the Vietnam Veterans of this country each gave ONE DOLLAR to the SBVFT group, they'd have $800,000, much more than half a million!

They made a big deal about no one in the ad actually serving on Kerry's boat.

Uh...folks, there's only one officer per boat. This is like saying, "Okay, you're on A shift, so you therefore have no idea about the character or reliability of the people on B shift."

That's just BULL - you people know who the performers are and you know who the dirtbags are - and sometimes you know who they are even if they're in a different STATION, much less just a different shift!

These men came home to a shame so deep that for the most part they just shut up. They shut up even while Kerry campaigned for the Senate.

They shut up right up until the point where he was in the running for CinC - in charge of our younger brothers and sisters in arms.

Kerry has already begun to betray THEM - and he's stated that he's proud of it!

The Swifts are speaking out on behalf of the best interests of the country and once again, being vilified.

How much longer will the smear efforts continue? Will the media smear John O'Neill's book? Will they smear Sept 12th's rally on the DC mall?

What the ____ do you have to do to be regarded as a genuine grassroots effort, in this country?

I think we all know the answer to that one. Rolling Eyes
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's supporters say they are supporting vets, but aren't just attacking us again by attacking any who speak out against Kerry?

All vets have earned the right to publicly voice their support or condemnation on Presidential candidates, especially one who has made Vietnam the focal point of his campaign.
just_linda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm a first time poster here. First and foremost, allow me to say something that is long overdue. Thank you. To all veterans of all wars. We treated you poorly in the past. You didn't deserve that. We knew better.

The ad is extremely powerful. From what I've read on this site, the men speaking really didn't want it to be this way. I can't imagine what it's like to hear lies about your time in our armed forces and then be attacked when you speak your mind. Mind boggling. John Kerry called American citizens "goons" only a few days after calling for a kindler, gentler campaign.

A donation is headed your way. I'm proud of the way you represent me, an American.
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching the political pundits all day and I'm getting the impression that they are backing off because SBV is a 527 PAC which is the same as Moveon.org and ACT (Soros' group) and due to all the crap that they've done to Bush, our cause is being lumped into the same category.

When Moveon and ACT started their smear campaigns Bush wanted to do away with all the shadow political money groups, 527 PACs and so he has to pretty much stand by his stance.

Just watched CNN Campaign News Daily and they did announce the Boston Globe's articel about Elliott, but also announced SBV's assertion that Elliott said the article is "highly innaccurate".

I think the most important thing that needs to be cleared up is that the ad is not paid for nor endorsed by the Republican party. I think this would go a long way toward convincing non-republicans that it's not a political issue......it's a moral issue that needs to be heard by everyone.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
SharpTalons
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the following E-mail to Mr. O'Reilly at FOXNEWS. Ironically, in three years this is the first time I ever responded to him. I am outraged at the DNC's ruthless tactics:

"Bill, as a staunch supporter of your show & an independent voter, I am greatly disappointed in your immediate dismissal of the SwiftBoat Veterans for Truth.You should have waited to pass judgement on these men until the political and legal smoke clears. John Kerry should have never flaunted his military career on the DNC stage, fully knowing and previously admitting to partaking in "atrocities" as documented on "Meet the Press" in 1971. He deserves every last bit of criticism for being ignorant & pretentious. Its equivalent to a rapist boasting about his sexual prowess to a national audience. Or George W. Bush proclaiming himself the champion of sobriety. Its not very wise.

And then we have the DNC releasing its phalanx of lawyers to barrage television stations with cease and desist letters. Is the stifling of free speech not a sign of a potential "fire"? John Kerry should be held accountable by the media stewards (yourself included) because with the passing of each day the 4th Estate becomes less and less credible. Hopefully, the American Civil Liberties Union won't beat you to the punch in defending the SwiftVets from the very powerful Democratic conglomerate.That would be a sad twist of irony."

Chris Babieracki
Muttontown, New York
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great response Chris! Now if O'Reilly actually reads anything but a script......
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not get on last night to comment...but I also e-mail Bill O'Reilly last night!

How come the liberal left has Michael Moore' propaganda? They have George Soro's MILLIONS...reported that he spent somewhere between 15-35 MILLION Dollars and swiftvets has one donation of $100,000.00 from on individual...who is trying to buy this election and sway votes?

Great Ad!!!!!!! Keep up the great work. Those of us who are vets believe in the swiftvets and what you guys are doing! I will stand proudly with any of you any day of the week! Keep the ad running!!! I am putting a check in the mail to help continue the fight!!! I will put my money where my mouth is!
VictorRussell'92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also emailed Orielly last night for the first time. What a terrible show it was for him.....
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpTalons wrote:

And then we have the DNC releasing its phalanx of lawyers to barrage television stations with cease and desist letters. Is the stifling of free speech not a sign of a potential "fire"?

Kerry is just a candidate for President and is trying to censor the media.

I see it as a potential beginning of leftist-led totalitarianism.

Very scary.

FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: