SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hillary Clinton: I Tried to Join the Marines
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Hillary Clinton: I Tried to Join the Marines Reply with quote

"USA Today's report on Senator Hillary Clinton's newfound appeal as a possible commander-in-chief omitted a key part of her resume that proves she's long been a hawk on military and defense issues: Her attempt to join the Marines 30 years ago.

Or at least that's what she claimed."

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/7/19/124048.shtml

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA
AS WHAT THE MASCOT?
MY SIDES
BAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAA
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. Lets see. 1975: No draft. All volunteer
stuff. 21 year old recruiter. Yeah, right. Kicks
her right out the door. Nope. I don't buy it. I
was at Navy Recruiting District Peoria running the
back room from 1979 to 1981. If it's warm, and has
a body, you check it out. If not for enlisted
procurment, than officer. You'd never just blow them
off. The Marines need lawyers too. You HAVE to
check them out.

Snipe
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary wanted to Join the Marines, Bill did not have.....never mind. Both are pathological liars.

She has hated the military all her life. She wouldn't have what it takes to be a Marine anyway.

Last edited by GM Strong on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She remembered telling the recruiter, "I wanted to explore - I didn't know whether I thought active duty would be a good idea, reserve, you know, maybe National Guard, something along those lines."

Like I said elsewhere, I'm shocked that she volunteered to be a draft dodger Wink Shocked , especially since there was no draft Laughing Rolling Eyes

Maybe someone forget to remind her that her party considers service in the Guard as Draft Dodging???

Good old Hillary 'Robem" Clinton, she spews more BS that a gang of good 'ol boys outside a barber shop on Saturday afternoon.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
BAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA
AS WHAT THE MASCOT?
MY SIDES
BAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAA

Exactly!!
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
powsnmias wrote:
BAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA
AS WHAT THE MASCOT?
MY SIDES
BAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAA

Exactly!!

And I got rejected when I tried to join the National Assoc. of Gals , the NAGS, (a Rushism) Not!! Their mascot is the Harpie ( not to be confused with Susan Estrich). ugghhh!!
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
powsnmias wrote:
BAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA
AS WHAT THE MASCOT?
MY SIDES
BAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAA

Exactly!!

And I got rejected when I tried to join the National Assoc. of Gals , the NAGS, (a Rushism) Not!! Their mascot is the Harpie ( not to be confused with Susan Estrich). ugghhh!!
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling sick again...
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtis H. wrote:
I'm feeling sick again...

don't miss this! Laughing

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20186
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now that we have our laughing and barfing out of the way, take a closer look at this claim, even if it is most likely untrue.

Quote:
Mrs. Clinton recalled. "I decided that I was very interested in having some experience in serving in some capacity in the military." <snip>

"So I walked into our local recruiting office, and I think it was just my bad luck that the person who happened to be there on duty could not have been older than 21. He was in perfect physical shape." <snip>

"This young man looked at me and he said, 'How old are you?'" she recalled.
"I said, 'Well, 27' ... I had these really thick glasses on. <snip>

"And he finally said to me, he said: 'You're too old. You can't see. And you're a woman.' And then he went on ... this man, young man, was a Marine.
"He said, 'But maybe the dogs[Army] would take you.'"

In one fell swoop, she shows that she and her neutered other half love the military, shows the Marines are prejudiced against women and handicapped, especially the elderly women of 27 with poor vision and shows that inter-service rivalries aren't just fun and games, but that the Marines pretty much hate the Army.

She may be wishing to use it now to bolster her bid for POTUS, but I feel it was originally meant to be a calculated attempt at showing where the military, the Marines in particular, are still in the stone age and are unenlightened.

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't this claim made originally around the time they were dumming down the military in their training and the Marines didn't go along? Remember, they lowered the training standards, especially for women, in the Army, to allow more women in?

Of course, the end result turned out to be Jessica Lynch and her fateful ambush resulting her being captured, other men and women being killed and the media's bogus claim that it was she, Jessica, that went down fighting, when in reality, she curled up in a ball, not having the proper training for what happened.

I see this claim as just another Clinton attempt at bashing someone that didn't go along with their program and now, she wants to change it to how Patriotic she is.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very unbelievable - no completely- that Hillary at age 27 - after all her anti - American - anti-war activities decided to join the military. No way on earth! If she ever did walk into a recruiting office, it was to make a mockery of the situation and nothing more. And if the Marine said anything at all insulting to her, it was because she most likely taunted him. Her early history speaks for itself. I hope this backfires against her.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course, the end result turned out to be Jessica Lynch and her fateful ambush resulting her being captured, other men and women being killed and the media's bogus claim that it was she, Jessica, that went down fighting, when in reality, she curled up in a ball, not having the proper training for what happened.

Janis Karpinski, Spc. Sabrina Harmon, lindy english.... and Hillary Clinton all wanted to serve thier country.

Now we have a Supreme Court Nominee immediatly villified because of a stance on abortion.

It's all about abortion.

Women and Men are very different creatures. Damn if more often than not they are attracted to each other. This is how nature works, and you know it seems right, certainly feels that way to me.

I don't believe for a New York Minute Hillary went in to 'sign up', unless as a dare while she was tripping on acid.

Sorry if I offend anyone...... this is my Spade for a day and I'm calling it what I recognize it as.

Off topic maybe just a bit.

Last edited by Uisguex Jack on Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Hmmmm. Lets see. 1975: No draft. All volunteer
stuff. 21 year old recruiter. Yeah, right. Kicks
her right out the door. Nope. I don't buy it. I
was at Navy Recruiting District Peoria running the
back room from 1979 to 1981. If it's warm, and has
a body, you check it out. If not for enlisted
procurment, than officer. You'd never just blow them
off. The Marines need lawyers too. You HAVE to
check them out.

Snipe

Right on the mark Snipe. I joined the Air Force in 1975. It was catch and release time. Sign up any warm body and if they do not work out release them. In enlisted boot camp we had a 26 year old that was a good 50 lbs. over weight I can still pick out his big round face out of my boot camp group picture.

At my recruiting station in 1975 the recruiters were all much older. My recruiter had grey hair and was probably at least in his 40's. I wonder if a record exists of a younger Marine recruiter who was working at the recruiting station Hillary visited in 1975. Did she ever mention what recruiting station she visited?

Why did the 1994 interview vanish? What was in it that could be considered detrimental to Hillary's future? Wouldn't it be interesting if someone happened to have a recording they stumble across?

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe she is borrowing a page from Kerry. "I actually did try to enlist before I spent a career and adult lifetime trying with every waking breath to completely castrate the entire military" (or words to that effect). Twisted Evil

Quote:
She wouldn't have what it takes to be a Marine anyway.

Hell, even the Girl Scouts wouldn't take her as a den mother, or mascot, or whatever. Really, would you buy cookies from her? Deleted by Admin (Lew) Um, no thanks, I just went on a permanent diet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: