SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Be an agent of change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Be an agent of change Reply with quote

This forum was a forum of action that changed an American presidential election. Today we come here day after day & whine how the MSM is unfair as we passively watch history repeat itself as the wrongful depictions of our troops continue to grow. What purpose does it serve to go share your opinions with others who have the same opinions? The enemy has us right where they want us consumed with swapping like minded opinions rather then being agents of change.

The battle is for the hearts and minds of America. We must actively fight for it and increase America’s resolve to do what is in its best interest. Our enemy understands this. They are out their preying upon grieving mothers in an effort to turn America’s heart and minds their way. We need to go on the offensive please come up with some counter attacks before it is too late.

Ok you do not see "Operation Hometown Support" being worth your time. Then come up with something that is. Just be an agent of change rather then one on that sits on the side line swapping opinions with others who are on the side line with you.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am insulted by this. You have no right to post here and expect things from people.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for coming in here like a bull in a china shop, diplomacy is not my strength and I am just frustrated watching all that the enemy is doing without many counter measures being taken by our side.

CWV

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
I am insulted by this. You have no right to post here and expect things from people.

I'm not insulted by CWV's honest exhortation to action by the people that hang out here. These members of this forum are the very people who I would think would want to undertake action to help effect swinging public opion to our way of seeing things.
I fail to see anything insulting in what he wrote above.
Rdtf perhaps could explain what in CWV's post is insulting to him.
Trying to get folks to take action on what they profess to be for should not insult anyone. If you don't want to get involved in a project, don't get involved.
But why feel insulted when some action to counter a growing movement we all here feel should be countered is so obviously needed?
I guess I'm insulting Rdtf too but he's got me all confused.

Dusty
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Rdtf wrote:

I'm not insulted by CWV's honest exhortation to action by the people that hang out here. These members of this forum are the very people who I would think would want to undertake action to help effect swinging public opion to our way of seeing things.
I fail to see anything insulting in what he wrote above.
Rdtf perhaps could explain what in CWV's post is insulting to him.
Trying to get folks to take action on what they profess to be for should not insult anyone. If you don't want to get involved in a project, don't get involved.
But why feel insulted when some action to counter a growing movement we all here feel should be countered is so obviously needed?
I guess I'm insulting Rdtf too but he's got me all confused.

Dusty

Well first of all I'm not a 'he'.
Also, Dusty this was not directed at you. But, since you have decided to make it an issue against you- I will GLADY respond. When you post something like that and in general terms accuse the people reading it of not wanting to waste their time on your idea, it is absolutely insulting. You, and CWV have no idea what people are doing in their jobs or their communities to do their part. Or what some people can or are capable of doing.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before too many feathers get ruffled here, let me say that many of us are indeed spreading the word about what is going on. Gaining National Attention is an uphill battle. Grassroots one on one isn't spreading it fast enough, though.

Instead of battling each other, why don't we put our collective heads together and see what we can dream up to show our support publicly? If we can't make it to the Million Veteran March, why not hold smaller ones all over the country on the same day?

We could write letters to our local papers and see if locals that don't even come here are interested. If the smaller marches don't make National News, hopefully it will make local news, especially if we are senisble and not rowdy (I hope, anyway.)

Let's brainstorm this and put personal feelings aside. I'd really hate to have to lock this thread, but I will if it gets too argumentative.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:

Well first of all I'm not a 'he'.
Also, Dusty this was not directed at you. But, since you have decided to make it an issue against you- I will GLADY respond. When you post something like that and in general terms accuse the people reading it of not wanting to waste their time on your idea, it is absolutely insulting. You, and CWV have no idea what people are doing in their jobs or their communities to do their part. Or what some people can or are capable of doing.

Oops! Sorry for the gender mistake but from your forum handle I couldn't tell that.
And you are correct that neither CWV or I know what anyone else has going on in their lives or even what they are doing to "do their part" or anything else about the people on this or any other forum or venue.
It's always amazed me how folks can view the same words or scene and come away with completely different points of view about it.
Reading CWV's post, I don't take it that he is accusing anyone of not taking up his idea particularly but of exhortation to everyone and anyone to do whatever they can to counter the obviously growing anti-war sentiment we can see springing forth all around us. And in that I can see nothing insulting to anyone.
Indeed, I agree with him and join him in his trying to energize action by anyone and everyone to counter this growing sentiment.
I think we are all of a like mind here and your reaction to his post really confuses me.
Please don't take offense at me or him. I would urge you to save your energy for the real fight with the real enemy we have before us.
Again, sorry for mistaking your gender. Smile

Dusty
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the last thing I will say about this is he edited the post and removed some of what I was responding to.

And of course we are on the same side, that's why we are here. But some of us have jobs that would not allow us to do anything public.

And by the way, thanks Lew. You always seems to know what to say.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
well the last thing I will say about this is he edited the post and removed some of what I was responding to.

And of course we are on the same side, that's why we are here. But some of us have jobs that would not allow us to do anything public.

It do make some difference that I didn't see the part that you were reacting to.
Shut my mouth and back me out of here.
Thanks from me too for being on top of things Lew. You guys and gals do a great job here.

Dusty
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Rdtf wrote:

It do make some difference that I didn't see the part that you were reacting to.
Shut my mouth and back me out of here.
Thanks from me too for being on top of things Lew. You guys and gals do a great job here.

Dusty

The part I retracted were my closing remarks. And these are the words I removed.

Quote:
CWV signing off until you have a mission for me to complete.

It was up for just a minute and then I realized I was not ready to give up on this forum yet and edited it out. I didn't think anyone even had a chance to see it. Anyways every team I have been a part of quarrels now and then and it is not necessarily a bad thing.

CWV

Last edited by coldwarvet on Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we're sort of family, here and families have fluffs and squabbles every now and then.

There aren't many of us left, any more. This board gets a tiny fraction of the traffic that it used to get, so it's more familial than ever.

It's all good.

I think everyone is feeling a little tired (or a lot tired) over so many blows all at once. We've been fighting this blankety-blank media bias for a year and a half and we're just edgy and worn out with it.

Add to it that support for the war is eroding despite the near-miraculous gains made in Iraq for a new democracy.

Then, the left seems to come out of everything smelling like a rose, thanks to a synchophantic media who eats up every liberal mantra dreams up.

This able danger thing is not getting the play that it deserves - proof of malfeasance at high levels, but it looks like the same ol' same ol' - Clinton and his Dem cronies will get a pass. Finally the press is admitting that Gorelick should have been answering questions instead of asking them. Too late. We've been saying that for over a year, hm? It just gets to be too much after a while.

But, we have a lot of great posters here and we appreciate them all. Let's try to make the changes that we can in our little group and laugh at what we can't change.

If the swifties need us back to work, we have a core group, a lot of fun and a huge information bank to restart the engines! Smile
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Before too many feathers get ruffled here, let me say that many of us are indeed spreading the word about what is going on. Gaining National Attention is an uphill battle. Grassroots one on one isn't spreading it fast enough, though.

Instead of battling each other, why don't we put our collective heads together and see what we can dream up to show our support publicly? If we can't make it to the Million Veteran March, why not hold smaller ones all over the country on the same day?

We could write letters to our local papers and see if locals that don't even come here are interested. If the smaller marches don't make National News, hopefully it will make local news, especially if we are senisble and not rowdy (I hope, anyway.)

Let's brainstorm this and put personal feelings aside. I'd really hate to have to lock this thread, but I will if it gets too argumentative.

I think the Million Veteran March is a great ideal. But Veterans Day is only 11 weeks away. Can all the logistics that need to be put together be completed in 11 weeks? However we can pull off the community rallies in a short time. Dusty and I got a good start on getting our communities to turn out in less then a week.

However at this years Veterans Day Operation Home Town Support rallies we can pass out flyers for people to contact their point person if they are interested in a million person show of support in DC on Veterans Day 2006. Now we have planted the seed and we will have 12 months to put the logistics of the Million Veteran March together.

CWV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: