SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

Well, Viet Vets, it appears DNC/Kerry-Edwards campaign lawyers Mark Elias (law firm of Perkins-Coie) and Joseph Sandler (Sandler, Reiff & Young) agree with John Kerry that the Vietnam Vets were War Criminals.

In their letter warning television outlets not to broadcast the SwiftVets ad, they write (see letter at http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_pdf.html ):

The statements made by the phony "crewmates" and "doctor" who appear in the [SwiftVets] advertisement are also totally, demonstrably, and unequivocally false, and libelous. In particular, the advertisement charges that Senator Kerry "lied to get his bronze star." Just as falsely, it states that "he lied before the Senate."

By opining that Kerry spoke the truth to the Senate, it sure appears Mr. Elias and Mr. Sandler are saying that Kerry's testimony accusing the Vietnam soldiers of being war criminals is unequivocally and demonstrably true.

My question is: when will Kerry and his disciples stop their attacks on Vietnam Veterans (let alone apologize to them for the damage he wreaked upon their lives and psyche)?

FDL
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
My question is: when will Kerry and his disciples stop their attacks on Vietnam Veterans (let alone apologize to them for the damage he wreaked upon their lives and psyche)?

After he loses, is divorced or dead?

Rolling Eyes
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
fortdixlover wrote:

After he loses, is divorced or dead?

Rolling Eyes

This issue (defending Kerry's Senate testimony) will apparently be brought up by Dom Giordano at WPHT Philadelphia (Talk Radio 1210) in interviews of DNC lawyers to take place today...this should be interesting.

FDL
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

By opining that Kerry spoke the truth to the Senate, it sure appears Mr. Elias and Mr. Sandler are saying that Kerry's testimony accusing the Vietnam soldiers of being war criminals is unequivocally and demonstrably true. FDL

Yes, I think our side should stipulate that Kerry told the truth about himself when he made these statements:

# From History News Network, Tim Russert's interview with John Kerry in 1971 (http://hnn.us/articles/3552.html)
SEN. KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down.

# Statement by John Kerry to the Senate Committee of Foreign Relations April 23, 1971
http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/JohnKerryTestimony.html http://pages.xtn.net/~wingman/docs/kerryst.htm

I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command.... They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/genghis.html Genghis John (Kerry). "Hey, hey, Genghis K! How many villages did you burn today?"
brad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

[quote="Bill Levinson"]
fortdixlover wrote:

By opining that Kerry spoke the truth to the Senate, it sure appears Mr. Elias and Mr. Sandler are saying that Kerry's testimony accusing the Vietnam soldiers of being war criminals is unequivocally and demonstrably true. FDL

Yes, I think our side should stipulate that Kerry told the truth about himself when he made these statements:
[snip, statements easily viewable above.]

----end of quote from previous post----

I am curious here - are you then asserting that these statements were true in that only Kerry committed these acts, or that they were true about himself and others? If it is the former, are you implying that, say, when Kerry was in a free fire zone, he was the only one violating the Geneva conventions, which prohibit free fire zones? Or are you saying that only Kerry participated in free fire zones in Vietnam?

Just got a little confused reading your post,
Brad
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

[quote="brad"]
Bill Levinson wrote:
fortdixlover wrote:

I am curious here - are you then asserting that these statements were true in that only Kerry committed these acts, or that they were true about himself and others? If it is the former, are you implying that, say, when Kerry was in a free fire zone, he was the only one violating the Geneva conventions, which prohibit free fire zones? Or are you saying that only Kerry participated in free fire zones in Vietnam?

Brad

He accused his fellow Vietnam veterans, and one might argue that he was lying about them (although the attorneys say he told the truth to the Senate). However, he definitely confessed to doing these things himself.
brad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

[quote="Bill Levinson"]
brad wrote:
Bill Levinson wrote:
fortdixlover wrote:

Brad

He accused his fellow Vietnam veterans, and one might argue that he was lying about them (although the attorneys say he told the truth to the Senate). However, he definitely confessed to doing these things himself.

By his confession I assume you are referring to:
"There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down." - John Kerry, Meet the Press interview, I'm sure you all already have the link.

So you are saying that those actions he mentioned above were only conducted by him and no one else? That his lie is saying others did these actions? Or it is the much worse atrocities he mentioned in the Senate speech, which he has not, I believe, said he participated in, rather that he heard stories from others about them - is that the lie?

Again, I am just trying to get clear what you are saying here.

Thanks,
Brad
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Dem lawyers Elias/Sandler: Viet Vets are war criminals! Reply with quote

brad wrote:
rather that he heard stories from others about them - is that the lie?

Again, I am just trying to get clear what you are saying here.

Thanks,
Brad

In his Senate testimony he said they "testified" before he said they "told stories" Just to keep the record straight Smile
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: re ad and dnc lawyers Reply with quote

I am appealiny to every fair minded american and everyone on this site, we need to do something about the dnc letter, after all this is still the america not cuba. they cannot get away with this has anyone got any ideas can we call the tv stations and add our protest, and demand that the american public be awre, what this traitor is doing , what going to happen if he does get in
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: re ad and dnc lawyers Reply with quote

minnie presley wrote:
I am appealiny to every fair minded american and everyone on this site, we need to do something about the dnc letter, after all this is still the america not cuba. they cannot get away with this has anyone got any ideas can we call the tv stations and add our protest, and demand that the american public be awre, what this traitor is doing , what going to happen if he does get in

The DNC letter could do Kerry far more damage than the Swiftvets ad because it screams "COVERUP!" This is how it should be used.

Remember, it was the coverup that did in Nixon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: