SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clinton: I Would Have Attacked Bin Laden
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was a very well known fact that Bin Laden was the leader of Al Queda

The funny (not really) thing is... the day it happened, which is another long story over here... I called and told my lib left friend and an Australian friend, who I thought did it... BIN LADEN.... learned the name and his history (and reputation) during my time in the service ... Seemed to match his profile, so I immediately thought of him.

My friends said, "who?"

Later, they where sh*tting in their pants when the official name was released...

All I can say is that there were many people who expected this (me being one).. and many who ignored this.... Is this going to happen again?

MJ
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just hear it now...

OOD giving Security review: Mr. President, Usama bin Laden IS responsible for for the attack on the USS Cole.

Clinton: what do you mean by "IS"? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Whatta POS. I wouldn't pi** on his head if his hair were on fire.(unless he were still in office...gotta respect the office, more's the pity.

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Slickmeister is lying his hinny off in a sociopathic attempt to shape his legacy on the backs of 3,000 dead Americans. Evil or Very Mad
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Clinton: I Would Have Attacked Bin Laden Reply with quote

What a worm, what a little bitty worm.

Clinton must be positioning himself to excuse some blockbuster report that will be coming out about his failure in office that paved the way for terrorists to bring down the WTC towers.

Tanya wrote:
"Ex-president Bill Clinton now says he would have taken out Osama bin Laden before the 9/11 attacks – if only the FBI and CIA had been able to prove the al-Qaida mastermind was behind the attack on the U.S.S. Cole.

"I desperately wish that I had been president when the FBI and CIA finally confirmed, officially, that bin Laden was responsible for the attack on the U.S.S. Cole," Clinton tells New York magazine this week. "Then we could have launched an attack on Afghanistan early."

http://newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/8/15/224430.shtml
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill reminds me of the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz. Unfortunately the Wizard died and Bill could never achieve his dream of having any real courage.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
sdmoel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this always makes me laugh:

Clinton went on MTV and said that he wished that he had inhaled when he tried marijuana for the first time.

Bill Clinton June 16, 1992
"Q: If you had it to do over again, would you inhale?
"A: [Bill Clinton:] Sure, if I could. I tried before."
(Bill Clinton, MTV "Choose or Lose Special," 6/16/92)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as this is as a legacy for Slickie Boy, can you imagine how the Red Queen would handle things?
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For Immediate Release
Aug 17, 2005 Contact: Press Office
202-646-5172

Clinton State Department Documents Outlined bin Laden Threat to the United States in Summer 1996

“Top Secret” Analysis Warned Clinton Administration

"[bin Laden] has Wherewithal to Strike U.S. Interests"

(Washington, DC) Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released two declassified “Top Secret” State Department documents that warned Clinton administration officials of the activities and influence of Osama bin Laden following his alleged “expulsion” from Sudan in May 1996. The documents, authored by the State Department’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research, discuss bin Laden’s travels, his prolonged stay in Afghanistan, financial networks, anti-Western threats in press interviews, ties to the Khobar Towers bombing and bin Laden’s “emboldened” threats against U.S. interests.

The State Department documents were produced to Judicial Watch last week in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed with the State Department on December 11, 2001 concerning the government of Sudan’s reported offer to share intelligence files on Osama bin Laden. The Clinton administration also reportedly rebuffed an offer by Sudanese officials to turn bin Laden himself over to the U.S.

According to the declassified documents, bin Laden’s many passports and his private plane allow him considerable freedom to travel “with little fear of being intercepted or tracked.” Bin Laden reportedly even traveled to London where he gave a press interview subsequent to his departure from Sudan. The report also warns that bin Laden’s prolonged stay in Afghanistan “could prove more dangerous to U.S. interests in the long run than his three-year liaison with Khartoum.” One analysis document, dated July 18, 1996, asks the provocative question: “Terrorism/Usama bin Ladin: Who’s Chasing Whom.”

The documents predict that even if bin Laden were forced to keep on the move, it would prove no more than an inconvenience since, “. . . his informal and transnational network of businesses and associates remains resilient.” The report goes on to explain that bin Ladin on the move, “. . .can retain the capability to support individuals and groups who have the motive and wherewithal to attack U.S. interests almost worldwide.”

“This is not a case of hindsight being 20/20,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “These documents prove the Clinton administration knew the danger Osama bin Laden posed to the United States back in 1996 and yet failed to take any meaningful action to stop him.”

Click here to read the actual Clinton State Department documents uncovered by Judicial Watch, and click here to read a New York Times article written about Judicial Watch’s discovery.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/5504.shtml
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for nothing is he known as Slick Willie in Arkansas. And he didn't have sex with that woman either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: