SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftvets TV add and it's effects
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just_linda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best effect this tremendous ad could have - changing the subject in this campaign from Vietnam to Kerry's 20 year Senate record (or lack thereof). Wouldn't that be fun?

The more I see the veterans in that ad trashed by the liberal media, the madder I get. How dare they attack our veterans. It's okay that John Kerry runs for president on ONE issue - he was a Vietnam veteran (in case anyone missed it). Just do NOT question his service, according to the liberals in the media.

When I heard Kerry call American citizens "goons" and THEN attack President Bush for just "sitting there" on 9/11 (Kerry couldn't even think for 40 minutes, according to his own words), I couldn't believe these liberals in the media, calling themselves journalists allowing him to say anything and they simply don't do their job.

The effect of this ad on ordinary people like myself - I am more determined than ever to keep freedom of speech for ALL Americans, including these fine men who disagree with the liberal media's darling.

If Kerry didn't want Vietnam discussed in this election, he should have never brought it up.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just_linda wrote:

If Kerry didn't want Vietnam discussed in this election, he should have never brought it up.

What? Kerry mentioned he served in Vietnam??? I must have missed that. Rolling Eyes

FDL
Acksiom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets TV add and it's effects Reply with quote

Brad, would you please give me your analysis of the degree to which Disinfopedia's relevant page successfully meets Wikipedia's 'NPOV' (Neutral Point of View) criteria, with cites?

That would be a big help in assisting me to decide whom to believe.
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acksiom, check this out:

tngator wrote:
Just take a look at what dis-infopedia calls moveon's organzation:

Quote:
MoveOn.org is a progressive political group based in the United States that organizes and informs an online community estimated at more than 2 million people. The group aims to promote grassroots advocacy by its members through various political activities including running a PAC, voter registration drives, political advertising (especially in swing states).

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=MoveOn.org

Does this help?
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

What? Kerry mentioned he served in Vietnam??? I must have missed that. Rolling Eyes

FDL

yah, just a cameo appearance tho

he was prepping for bigger roles....like the frenchurian candiate
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the poster who said that concentrating on what kerry did after he left vietnam is more than enough ammo.. there is TV film to prove this. he brought shame and disgrace to people who served our country. These people deserve to be heard.
weds
Acksiom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Acksiom, check this out:

tngator wrote:
Just take a look at what dis-infopedia calls moveon's organzation: http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=MoveOn.org

Does this help?

Well, pretty much only in that you provided a civil and attemptively assistive response, while brad just blew me off -- despite having had time and opportunity to respond.

BTW, tngator, Soros's financial connection is indeed mentioned in the Disinfopedia article, in the "Financial Contributors" section. You might also note the entry for Zack Exley in the "Personnel" section.

Howwwevvvvvveerrrrrr. . .

. . .when we compare Disinfopedia's article on Soros:

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=George_Soros

. . .to Wikipedia's article on Soros:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

. . .my, what a splendid tumult of dissimilarities ensues!
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acksiom, disinfopedia publishes MoveOn.org's own description of itself from the MoveOn.org website.

They don't even bother to write their own description.

NPOV?

Rolling Eyes

'Nuff said.
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Acksiom, thanks for those links...they illustrate the point you make magnificently!
Bob
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acksiom, wikipedia is an open-source web encyclopedia - like dmoz.org is a user-managed search engine.

I'm not sure what their sources of articles are, but it appears that their main source of info is a web crawler.

Users can edit at least some of the articles:

Quote:

Wikipedia is a WikiWiki, which means that anyone can easily edit any unprotected article and have those changes posted immediately.

It is very easy to edit a Wiki page. Simply click on the "Edit this page" tab at the top (or the edit links on the right) of a Wiki page to change the page itself, or click on the "Discussion tab" and then on the "+ tab" (or, on the original classic skin, click on the "Discuss this page" link and then on "Edit this page") to add a comment to the discussion on the corresponding talk page. This will bring you to a page with a text box containing the editable text of that Wiki page.

More about joining wikipedia, here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Why_create_an_account%3F

It's probably why the information in wikipedia is so often called into question.
BeerGutRepublicon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[DELETED BY MODERATOR]

DENIGRATION OF THE SWIFTVETS OR THE VETERANS WHO PARTICIPATE HERE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you're not a liberal but your behavior is boorish. Does that go with your screen name?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: