SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheehan"The Universe Chose Me To Be Spark"Bus Tour
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Sheehan"The Universe Chose Me To Be Spark"Bus Tour Reply with quote

Now we'll have the "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BUS TOUR" starring "Its all about me" Cindy Sheehan!!

Quote:
Back in Crawford, Sheehan Vows Not to Quit
By Peter Wallsten, Times Staff Writer

CRAWFORD, Texas -- The woman who pitched a tent near President Bush's vacation home three weeks ago and watched her antiwar cause spark a national movement said today her efforts would not subside — even if Bush granted her the face-to-face meeting she has been demanding.

Cindy Sheehan, whose son Casey, a soldier, died in Iraq in 2004, made her vow before a horde of television cameras and reporters from around the world who have converged on her expanded protest encampment, dubbed Camp Casey II, which now features a large carnival tent rising from the grassy plains and buffet dinners for activists.

Sheehan was speaking after an emotional return from Los Angeles, where she was caring for her ailing mother.

Her comments came the day after Bush returned to Texas from a three-day western swing in which he aggressively responded to Sheehan's protests — saying that she does not speak for other mothers of military troops and that her call to withdraw troops from Iraq would "embolden" terrorists.

"I'm just so honored that the universe chose me to be the spark that has set off a raging inferno," Sheehan said.

"And when I had to leave, it proved that," she added. "You don't need the spark anymore because the fire is burning. And it's not going to go out. If George Bush came out and spoke with me today and we went home, this wouldn't end."

Sheehan said she would lead a national bus tour beginning Sept. 1 and ending Sept. 24, when the group Gold Star Families for Peace and other liberal, antiwar organizations would converge on a more permanent site in Washington.

LA TIMES
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaahhhh.....the Universe chose her.
She has convinced herself she is who she says she is and that what she is saying is true.
There is no help for this woman, she is completely lost in her delusional world And the worst part is that John Kerry...again... has had a hand in ruining yet another life.
Shame on Cindy Sheehan for letting herself be deceived so easily to dishonor the memory of her own son but shame more on John (the universe) Kerry for encouraging the normal greiving emotions of a mother to morph into hate and vengefulness all for his political gain.
There just isn't a worse human being on the planet for my money than John Kerry. That he is a United States Senator is an abomination.

Dusty
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From dictionary.com

an·thro·po·cen·tric

Regarding humans as the central element of the universe.
Interpreting reality exclusively in terms of human values and experience.

From

'A World Split Apart'

by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Quote:
This means that the mistake must be at the root, at the very basis of human thinking in the past centuries. I refer to the prevailing Western view of the world which was first born during the Renaissance and found its political expression from the period of the Enlightenment. It became the basis for government and social science and could be defined as rationalistic humanism or humanistic autonomy: the proclaimed and enforced autonomy of man from any higher force above him. It could also be called anthropocentricity, with man seen as the center of everything that exists.

The turn introduced by the Renaissance evidently was inevitable historically. The Middle Ages had come to a natural end by exhaustion, becoming an intolerable despotic repression of man's physical nature in favor of the spiritual one. Then, however, we turned our backs upon the Spirit and embraced all that is material with excessive and unwarranted zeal. This new way of thinking, which had imposed on us its guidance, did not admit the existence of intrinsic evil in man nor did it see any higher task than the attainment of happiness on earth. It based modern Western civilization on the dangerous trend to worship man and his material needs. Everything beyond physical well-being and accumulation of material goods, all other human requirements and characteristics of a subtler and higher nature, were left outside the area of attention of state and social systems, as if human life did not have any superior sense. That provided access for evil, of which in our days there is a free and constant flow. Merely freedom does not in the least solve all the problems of human life and it even adds a number of new ones.

However, in early democracies, as in American democracy at the time of its birth, all individual human rights were granted because man is God's creature. That is, freedom was given to the individual conditionally, in the assumption of his constant religious responsibility. Such was the heritage of the preceding thousand years. Two hundred or even fifty years ago, it would have seemed quite impossible, in America, that an individual could be granted boundless freedom simply for the satisfaction of his instincts or whims. Subsequently, however, all such limitations were discarded everywhere in the West; a total liberation occurred from the moral heritage of Christian centuries with their great reserves of mercy and sacrifice. State systems were becoming increasingly and totally materialistic. The West ended up by truly enforcing human rights, sometimes even excessively, but man's sense of responsibility to God and society grew dimmer and dimmer. In the past decades, the legalistically selfish aspect of Western approach and thinking has reached its final dimension and the world wound up in a harsh spiritual crisis and a political impasse. All the glorified technological achievements of Progress, including the conquest of outer space, do not redeem the Twentieth century's moral poverty which no one could imagine even as late as in the Nineteenth Century.

bold italics are mine

You just can't make this stuff up. Cindy Sheehan and the other wackos siding with evil terrorists showing their disdain for anything other than themselves.

Truly remarkable how clueless these people are.

Last edited by GenrXr on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I'm just so honored that the universe chose me to be the spark that has set off a raging inferno," Sheehan said.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Merciful heavens!

I am so sorry for her. She's really gone 'round the bend.

But, what she's doing is treasonous in spirit, if not in fact of law.

She is emboldening the people who are killing our troops. I'm a lot more sorry for them and their worried families than for her.

And she's acting like she's at a party. Crying or Very sad

Who honors your son, Ms. Sheehan? It sure isn't you or your gushing group of synchophants.

Who repairs the damage you have done to his honor and to the honor of the other men and women in harm's way?
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so special! Confused

wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy Sheehan, Grand Poobah and Empress for Life of the Milky Way Galaxy! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Good example. Reply with quote

Cindy Sheehan, a perfectly good example that God has a sense of humor.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only did the Universe choose Cindy, but she can also channel the thoughts, of not only Casey, but also thousands of others fallen soldiers in the afterlife....

the woman truly has no marbles left...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45974

Quote:
CAMPED OUT IN CRAWFORD
Casey in heaven 'calls Bush idiot'
Cindy quotes slain son in afterlife, says 'tens of thousands of angels' back her

Posted: August 25, 2005
10:57 p.m. Eastern
By Joe Kovacs
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan is now purportedly "channeling" her slain son, Casey, from heaven, suggesting he's calling President Bush "an idiot," and she claims to have "tens of thousands of angels" supporting her cause to bring home immediately American troops serving in Iraq.

"When I get up [to heaven], he's gonna say, 'Good job, mom,'" the California woman said in a speech last night upon her return to Crawford, Texas. "He's not going to say, 'Why'd you make me spin in my grave?' you know. And I can just hear him saying, 'George Bush, you are really an idiot. You didn't know what you were doing when you killed me. You didn't know what you were getting into.'"

She publicly thanked her son and others who died in the Iraq War, and claimed to have the backing of Casey and his fellow fallen soldiers in the afterlife.

"I know that they are in heaven," Sheehan said, "and I know that that's why this movement is growing because we have tens of thousands of angels behind us that are supporting us, that are saying, 'Well, you know we died and that was really crappy, but we hope that our deaths are going to make the world a better place,' and it's up to us to make sure that it does."

Sheehan has referred to her son as an angel, stating in an Aug. 5 speech, Casey "became an angel while I was sleeping."

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since she claims to be such a good Christian and has all this "Heavenly" backing, too bad she didn't read her Bible more;

Ex 23:1 - "You shall not utter a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man, to be a malicious witness.

Make no mistake about it, this entire "vigil" is scripted to make her still appear to be the "wronged and greiving" Mom. She is willfully allowing herself to be used and I imagine even has a hand in her own scripting. It has been reported that every morning, she meets privately with her PR handlers, no one else allowed in, and they map out the days strategy.

Hearing she campaigned in this manner for sKerry last year makes me think he still may have a hand in her "vigil," anything to interfere with the Administration. That she is the only "Greiving Mom" that has "Moral Authority" shows me the extent of this PR Campaign. This is well scripted and is being used in the run-up up to the next elections in 06 and 08.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the word is protest, not vigil. Id love to see her go on Dr. Phil! Rolling Eyes
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS does not know her Bible at all, Angels are a different order of creation, beings of pure spirit, immortal, attendant upon God with no bodies. Catholics (and many others believe) in a hierarchy or order of angles to include the (highest to lowest rank) Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominations, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels and Angels. Humans do not become angels as angels cannot become human. Casey is doubtlessly basking in the Beatific Vision, but he is a human, not an angel. Confused Confused Confused
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reports of 3,000 > 4,000 anticindy protestors in crawford this afternoon. where is fox news?
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=4767

Quote:
Camp Arnold
August 27th, 2005
Matthew May

NEW YORK (Nov. 20, 1776) – The grieving mother of an American soldier killed in action during the recent failed defense of Fort Washington is demanding an audience with Gen. George Washington.

“George is the biggest butcher on the face of the earth,” Mrs. Ima Benedict declared to a throng of nearly 25 Loyalist pamphleteers and newspapermen.

About 30 fellow protestors on a street corner on the upper west side of Manhattan joined Mrs. Benedict today at what has been dubbed “Camp Arnold” by supporters of Mrs. Benedict’s cause. The group held aloft homemade placards reading “No Blood For Representation,” “George, Talk to Ima” and “Justice for Arnold.”

Arnold Benedict was one of nearly 3,000 American soldiers killed during the recent attempt to defend Fort Washington on Manhattan. Mr. Benedict, of Massachusetts, signed on with the American army at the beginning of the year. Mrs. Benedict said that she pleaded with him not to join but Mr. Benedict and his father said he was old enough to make his own decisions. He was 22-years old. Mrs. Benedict claims the war is invalid.

“Who cares about the price of tea or some stamps?” asked Mrs. Benedict as a small crowd of onlookers gathered. “What’s wrong with the British? This so-called freedom and liberty is a false premise for war. It’s all based on lies. George lies and Arnold dies. Look at what he said to the soldiers before Long Island. You think women are going to have any say if he wins his precious war? And we already have slavery here on this continent! George himself has slaves! He’s a (expletive deleted) hypocrite!”

Mrs. Benedict was referring to Gen. Washington’s orders to his soldiers as the British built up their garrison on Staten Island. The orders written by Gen. Washington stated:

“Remember officers and Soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty – that Slavery will be your portion, and that of posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men.”

“George is a misogynist,” Mrs. Benedict said flatly.

Mrs. Benedict noted that in the aftermath of the bloody losses at Fort Washington, many New York and New Jersey colonists are signing up with the British forces, more so than are signing up with the American army. Mrs. Benedict indicated that she and her supporters would be establishing what she called the “New York Information House” near her protest site in Manhattan, so that New Yorkers interested in aligning with the British could learn more.

“We want to raise awareness,” she said.

As Gen. Washington’s forces retreat, Mrs. Benedict vows to follow him every step of the way until she can meet face-to-face with His Excellency.

“I will not stop until I speak to him and tell him to stop this war. No boy’s life is worth this and all the freedoms in the world won’t bring back Arnold.” When asked about the harsh winter conditions expected, Mrs. Arnold was unrelenting. “I don’t care if I freeze to death. George has to answer my question of why Arnold had to die in this senseless war. The answer won’t bring my son back, but it may stop other senseless deaths, because every death from now on makes no sense. Why do more parents have to lose their children and live with this unbearable grief?”

Gen. Washington’s aide-de-camp said that the general was unavailable for comment, and released a one-sentence statement regarding Mrs. Benedict’s request for a meeting: “Gen. Washington is presently prosecuting a war.”

Mrs. Benedict said this was obviously inadequate:

“There have always been excuses for wars, but none of them have been good or valid.”

Mrs. Benedict indicated that documents such as the recently signed Declaration of Independence and Gen. Washington’s lofty phraseology in his orders and correspondence belied the real reasons for war, and that Gen. Washington was under the control of outside influences as a puppet.

When asked who or what could be behind a secret plot to engage the British in a war, Mrs. Benedict said she did not wish to go into detail but sniffed, “Probably the Jews.”

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earth Calling Cindy! Earth Calling Cindy!

Well the lights are on, but nobody is home.

Hey Cindy why don't you take your protest poster, roll it up in a tubular fashion and insert it where the sun don't shine.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy has become a megalomaniac!

MEGALOMANIA:
1) a mania for great or grandiose performance;

2) infantile feelings of omnipotence especially when retained later in life.

So Cindy IS the center of the Universe, because the Universe CHOSE her.

It seems to me that Cindy's bus tour to D.C. should be called (to borrow from the Beatles album) THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR and Cindy is the "Fool On The Hill".

The woman has gone over the edge into 'looney land'.

Last edited by shawa on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: