SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone - how the Red Cross Web works-I gave but site malfunc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Anyone - how the Red Cross Web works-I gave but site malfunc Reply with quote

Maybe someone of you here know how the donation sites like the Red Cross works when you give through credit card on their website.

I filled out the CC info, clicked the continue button but it took me to a "page not found" error message. I assume the server was overwhelmed.

I am wondering if my donation went through? Does anyone here know how those sites work? And if they got my CC number and donation? Or if the page that comes next is essential for them to get the CC donation?

I know this is not exactly the right site to ask that question. But maybe someone here knows.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't access the site at all, so the servers might be overwhelmed, as you suspect.

You should probably call your credit card company and see if the donation was posted to your account. It doesn't sound like it went through, but it's possible that it did. Your CC company should have the info almost instantaneously.

There's an 800 number for Red Cross, to make your donation by phone. Or maybe use the site in the late evening or early morning hours?

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIND ANOTHER CHARITY TO SEND THE MONEY TO.
I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WHO'S CEO MAKES 500K A YEAR AND SENDS MONEY TO COUNTRIES THAT HOUSE TERRORISTS. AND IS UNDER INVESTIGATIONS FOR ALL THE MONEY FROM 9/11 NOT GOING TO IT'S VICTIMS.
SEND IT TO THE SALVATION ARMY. THEIR CEO MAKES 60K OR SOMEONE ELSE. ANYONE ELSE.
RED CROSS EVEN SENDS MONEY TO N. KOREA. DON'T SEND EM A NICKLE.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="powsmias"]FIND ANOTHER CHARITY TO SEND THE MONEY TO.
I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WHO'S CEO MAKES 500K A YEAR AND SENDS MONEY TO COUNTRIES THAT HOUSE TERRORISTS. AND IS UNDER INVESTIGATIONS FOR ALL THE MONEY FROM 9/11 NOT GOING TO IT'S VICTIMS.
SEND IT TO THE SALVATION ARMY. THEIR CEO MAKES 60K OR SOMEONE ELSE. ANYONE ELSE.
RED CROSS EVEN SENDS MONEY TO N. KOREA. DON'T SEND EM A NICKLE.[/quote]

That be true. I agree completely. Salvation Army's the one.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That is about what I thought except I didn't think of calling the CC company. I didn't realize it would be an almost instant transaction.

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I can't access the site at all, so the servers might be overwhelmed, as you suspect.

You should probably call your credit card company and see if the donation was posted to your account. It doesn't sound like it went through, but it's possible that it did. Your CC company should have the info almost instantaneously.

There's an 800 number for Red Cross, to make your donation by phone. Or maybe use the site in the late evening or early morning hours?

Good luck!
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe everything I read on a board. I don't know if any of that is true but I designated my donation to Hurricane relief 2005. By law they have to use the money the way it is designated. That doesn't mean they can't appoint a $500k executive to run the distribution. It is hard to find a place to donate money because a good part of any donation is given to administration and distribution. I wonder how much government aid going into New Orleans is going to be skimmed off the top by corrupt politicians. It looks to me like a good many in NO are criminals. How do criminals flourish except by high up corruption.

My next donation will be to the Salvation Army, hurricane relief and/or distribution of Bibles. I heard on Fox the #1 requested item is a Bible.

AMOS wrote:
powsmias wrote:
FIND ANOTHER CHARITY TO SEND THE MONEY TO.
RED CROSS EVEN SENDS MONEY TO N. KOREA. DON'T SEND EM A NICKLE.

That be true. I agree completely. Salvation Army's the one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: