SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A message from a Flood victim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: A message from a Flood victim Reply with quote

I found out Friday night that I lost my house to Katrina, so I feel that I am qualified to speak out about this. I also have loved ones and friends who stayed behind that I haven't heard from. I popped over to the DUmp to see what they had to say about this and though predictable, it was no less vile. So here is what I have to say about this:

1. Katrina is the fault of no one.
2. Katrina was not caused by global warming. Hurricanes like this have been occurring since man colonized North America.
3. What is happening in New Orleans is not Bush's fault.
4. What is happening in New Orleans is due to poor planning by New Orleans and Louisiana state officials.
5. Why don't you see what is happening in New Orleans happening everywhere else? There are other areas that were hit as bad as New Orleans, yet the citizens aren't acting like those in New Orleans.
6. New Orleans has had these problems long before the hurricane and flood. It has been the liberal politicians refusal to address the problems that lead to what we are now seeing.

I have been sitting in a hotel room since last Sunday. I was going to ride the storm out, but when I saw the wind speed Sunday morning, I packed up everything I could and left. I really hasn't been that expensive...less than $500 for the week. I will be heading back to my community Tuesday to see what I can salvage.

I saw one of the "refugees" in New Orleans this week complaining that she could leave because she didn't have the money. She also complained that her cell phone wouldn't work. Seems to me that someone who is that poor would choose to save a little money rather than waste it on a cell phone. No sympathy from me.

Take my word for it. New Orleans has had issues for many years now. For a long time I have called that city "The Big Gimme". This is a city with no tax base because it is a city who's majority do nothing. They do not contribute, they do not help and they expect everything to be given to them. New Orleans is a textbook case of what happens when liberalism runs rampant.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RParrott, I'm sure I speak for everyone on this board when I say I am sorry for the loss of your home. I am also grateful you had the prescence of mind to evacuate. I hope all your loved ones are find. Do keep us appraised of your situation, we care.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there and good luck. Thanks for the insight on the big "GIMME" Wink
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sure hope you hear from your loved ones and friends soon rparrott. The loss of a house is a devastating event by itself but to have friends and family missing is got to be the worst sort of nightmare. We hope and pray that your loved ones are found soon and safe.

Being my home state too, you are right on the money about the way things are over there. That's the main reason I moved to Texas.
Keep us posted and all the good thoughts your way.

Dusty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: A message from a Flood victim Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
I found out Friday night that I lost my house to Katrina, so I feel that I am qualified to speak out about this. I also have loved ones and friends who stayed behind that I haven't heard from. I popped over to the DUmp to see what they had to say about this and though predictable, it was no less vile. So here is what I have to say about this:

1. Katrina is the fault of no one.
2. Katrina was not caused by global warming. Hurricanes like this have been occurring since man colonized North America.
3. What is happening in New Orleans is not Bush's fault.
4. What is happening in New Orleans is due to poor planning by New Orleans and Louisiana state officials.
5. Why don't you see what is happening in New Orleans happening everywhere else? There are other areas that were hit as bad as New Orleans, yet the citizens aren't acting like those in New Orleans.
6. New Orleans has had these problems long before the hurricane and flood. It has been the liberal politicians refusal to address the problems that lead to what we are now seeing.

I have been sitting in a hotel room since last Sunday. I was going to ride the storm out, but when I saw the wind speed Sunday morning, I packed up everything I could and left. I really hasn't been that expensive...less than $500 for the week. I will be heading back to my community Tuesday to see what I can salvage.

I saw one of the "refugees" in New Orleans this week complaining that she could leave because she didn't have the money. She also complained that her cell phone wouldn't work. Seems to me that someone who is that poor would choose to save a little money rather than waste it on a cell phone. No sympathy from me.

Take my word for it. New Orleans has had issues for many years now. For a long time I have called that city "The Big Gimme". This is a city with no tax base because it is a city who's majority do nothing. They do not contribute, they do not help and they expect everything to be given to them. New Orleans is a textbook case of what happens when liberalism runs rampant.

I hope that all your loved ones are found safe, and I highly respect your common sense to get out of there, unlike so many others... It is also great to see that you know where the blame should lay, as opposed to the ones trying to throw the blame to 'the other side'.
Hang in there and I'm sure everyone here will agree that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

MJ

BTW, I lost everything I had (including my Honda Hurricane motorcycle Shocked) in Andrew back in '92... I'm still here, and I know that you are as strong willed (if not more so) than me Wink Need any assistance, let us know and it will be there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: