SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry delivers aid to Katrina Victims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Kerry delivers aid to Katrina Victims Reply with quote

Did anyone see the story about Kerry delivering aid to NO? I can't find the article now. It went on to say that Kerry kept his word and delivered the aid he promised. He brought formula (which was donated by a charity), he brought cleaning supplies (which was donated by another group), delivered by UPS plane (donated by UPS), guess Theresa still controls his spending. Laughing Laughing
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen it yet, but it could be like that wal-mart commercial that has its employee thanking wally-world for helping his kid, by sending the kid to St. Judes (a non-profit). Thank you Sammy, your great!

I'm not sure about the aid thing? Are you sure it was'nt AIDS?
witchywoman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have heard nothing of that in our house. Did Tereeeesa give him permission?
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? I thought your wife sold sandwich spread? Mine does catsup, or should I say--ketchup! Wink
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the article you're looking for:

Kerry Demands Silver Star for Piloting Swift Boat Through New Orleans

chronwatch.com ^ | 9/13/05 | Jeremy Robb

Posted on 09/12/2005 9:32:19 PM PDT by bitt

'WASHINGTON, DC --- John Kerry contacted the Pentagon today to request a Silver Star for a recent swift boat mission he ran through the streets of New Orleans. While the Pentagon claims the mission was unauthorized, Kerry claims it was a secret mission approved by the highest levels of the government.
"I clearly remember listening to the radio and hearing President Bush deny that swift boats were in New Orleans," said Kerry. "And there I was on a swift boat in New Orleans. Dodging bullets. Scanning the shore for enemy fire and mortar attack. The band aid on my hand covers a wound I received while moving too quickly on deck for a photo op and scraping against the railing."
Sean Penn tried to join Kerry on his own swift boat, but it sank before leaving dock. Penn forgot to put the plug in the bottom of the boat and refused to stuff his Communist flag in the hole to prevent flooding.'

(from Free Republic)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Newsmax;

Quote:
Kerry's aid package was donated by Boston's Children's Hospital, the New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans and the New Balance sneaker company.

UPS donated the plane, the flight crew and fuel, trucks and drivers to transport the goods to Logan International Airport and then to disperse them to Baton Rogue and Lafayette, La.

It's not clear what, if anything, Sen. Kerry paid for.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Delivers!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Like a typical Liberal, somebody else's goods at somebody else's expense. He takes the credit and gets to show his fellow Libs he cares. What a Guy. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze. Now I'm sorry I didn't vote for him. LOL! Razz
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Billionaire John Kerry's Katrina Aid Comes Too Late
Newsmax reports this typical account of John Kerry's showboating, and doing it with a skinflint attitude.

Thank God for blessing America by sparing us two blithering idiots as President. Al Gore and John Kerry!

"Billionaire Democratic Sen. John Kerry has finally sent his own aid package to hurricane-ravaged New Orleans more than two weeks after the storm hit - and a week after most of the city had been successfully evacuated by the Bush administration.

Kerry traveled to New Orleans on Monday aboard a UPS Boeing 757 loaded with 5,000 bottles of baby formula, 5,000 pairs of sneakers and an array of cleaning supplies, the Associated Press said. "Anything that any of us can do is so welcome, and it provides just a little bit of help at an extraordinary time," the Massachusetts Democrat told the AP.

But rather than pay for the aid using his wife's ketchup fortune - which the Los Angeles Times estimated last year at over a billion dollars - Kerry's aid package was donated by Boston's Children's Hospital, the New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans and the New Balance sneaker company.

UPS donated the plane, the flight crew and fuel, trucks and drivers to transport the goods to Logan International Airport and then to disperse them to Baton Rogue and Lafayette, La.

It's not clear what, if anything, Sen. Kerry paid for."

-Wlm Shakespeare
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why he brought his charm, charisma, celebrity, fashion consciousness, etc. -- just like those Hollywood folks do at their fund-raising events. We should be grateful to be so honored with his presence and appearance.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he can put up some evacuees from Hurricane Katrina in his and Theresa's many houses!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: