SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 Commission Says Able Danger Sources are LYING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: 9/11 Commission Says Able Danger Sources are LYING Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169387,00.html

Quote:

9/11 Panelists Deny Pentagon Alerts on Atta
Thursday, September 15, 2005
WASHINGTON — While some sources inside the Pentagon who are believed to be credible have said a secret group identified hijackers a year before the Sept. 11 attacks, former members of the Sept. 11 commission said on Wednesday they weren't buying it.

"Bluntly, it just didn't happen and that's the conclusion of all 10 of us," said Sept. 11 commissioner and former Sen. Slade Gorton (search), R-Wash.
The panelists appeared together Wednesday at a news conference to argue that the response to Hurricane Katrina (search) might have been more successful if more of the recommendations they had made last year had been implemented.

The commissioners, who now belong to the Sept. 11 Discourse Project to oversee the translation of their recommendations into reality, played down claims by the Defense Department's secret "Able Danger" group, whose members have said they identified terrorists in the United States more than a year before the 2001 attacks.

Earlier this month, the Pentagon confirmed that it had identified five people involved with Able Danger who claimed they had either seen a picture of lead hijacker Mohamed Atta (search) or had seen his name on a chart prepared in 1999 by the secret military intelligence unit. The Pentagon said that documents associated with the project had been destroyed
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Bluntly, it just didn't happen and that's the conclusion of all 10 of us," said Sept. 11 commissioner and former Sen. Slade Gorton (search), R-Wash.

Well.....how about that.
Looks to me like something that "just didn't happen" is fixing to bite 10 arrogant people on the back sides.
This is going to be real interesting as it develops.

Dusty
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9/11 commission has been a unfathomable failure from start to finish.

I wonder if Lehman remembers he lost a deep plant soviet agent inside the E ring of the pentagon while he was sec of Navy. Lehman had been told to advise the guy he'd been caught at espionage and to turn him over to a MP detail. Some how the guy vanished off the face of the earth Inside The E ring, immediately after talking to Lehman.

The whole 9/11 commission was nothing better than communist party 'street theater'. This not unlike Biden and Kennedy at the 'Rogers' confirmation hearing.

What ever damn commission they have about Katrina better be more credible than these losers.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How arrogant of the Senator. If they don't know about it, it didn't happen? I think "object permanence" is supposed to be established in an infant about 12 months of age. Maybe Senators need to grow up?

dusty wrote:
Quote:

Well.....how about that.
Looks to me like something that "just didn't happen" is fixing to bite 10 arrogant people on the back sides.

Dusty
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:
How arrogant of the Senator. If they don't know about it, it didn't happen? I think "object permanence" is supposed to be established in an infant about 12 months of age. Maybe Senators need to grow up?

dusty wrote:
Quote:

Well.....how about that.

Dusty

I had a feeling this was going to happen when they couldn't find the docs. It's painfully honest that they are trying to make this go away. Washington can be a nasty place. I hope Weldon doesn't turn his back on Schaffer and the rest after getting them to come forward.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Weldon will not back off, he will back it up. He has more information than they know.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust anybody on that 9/11 Commission, Republicans included. That report was way to hard on Bush and extremely lenient on Clinton.

I wish there was another party to go to because I am getting really disillusioned by all this CYA by these politicians.

The only hope for Able Danger is for an independent commission made up of regular citizens who are NOT involved in politics.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearings closed to the public? Specter is resisting.

Quote:
Sources: Pentagon Wants 'Able Danger' Hearings Closed
Friday, September 16, 2005

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is pressuring the Senate Judiciary Committee to close to the public next week's hearings on a former secret military intelligence unit called "Able Danger," two congressional sources have confirmed to FOX News.

Witnesses from the Pentagon are expected to testify at that hearing; that's why they want it classified. FOX News has learned that committee Chairman Arlen Specter's office is vigorously resisting the request.

Some former Able Danger....

Cont'd at: FOX NEWS
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: