SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unfit for Command & Rush Limbaugh!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Unfit for Command & Rush Limbaugh!!!! Reply with quote

Well word is finally getting out. I had gone to Rush's site and found where he had written an article on "Unfit for Command". I am so happy that word is starting spread through other sources!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_080404/content/truth_detector.guest.html

Here is the website.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier if it's all here for the Dimocrats, Theresa.

Quote:
RUSH: You have heard, if you've read the Drudge Report, he's got an exclusive of his new book coming out August 15th, "Unfit for Command; Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out against John Kerry." There's an embargo on the book. There's an ad, by the way. There's a 60-second TV ad that these guys have put together that, I guess, is going to be made available tonight, and it has been embargoed, to the media -- if they report on this ad at all -- until midnight tonight. This group, Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against Kerry, have some incredible things to say. "Two of his three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds not suffering from enemy fire, all three of his Purple Hearts were from minor injuries not requiring a single hour of hospitalization, one of them was a 'fanny wound.'" For those of you in Rio Linda that would be a wound to the butt. "It was the highlight, this butt wound was the highlight of the Kerry's much-touted no man left behind Bronze Star."

"Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of heroism by filing a false report on the incident, Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village, slaughtered the domestic animals owned by civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter." Now, sit tight for that. There may be something to that. "Kerry's reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go, becoming the only swift boat veteran to serve only four months. Kerry campaign planned to vigorously counter these charges and will accuse the veterans group of being well financed by a top Bush donor from Texas. A top Kerry advisor traveling with Kerry late yesterday said, "They hired a G**damn private investigator to dig up trash. This is pay for play and the dirtiest of all dirty tricks ever played in the candidate for the presidency. How low can they go?"

The Kerry camp is "portraying this, comparing this to the effort by some to gin up controversy from the Arkansas state troopers against Bill Clinton." All right, so we got a couple of (General) Tommy Franks sound bites. Let's listen to a couple of these based on these charges, and there is an ad. Now, these swift boat guys have put together an ad again that is going to start running at midnight tonight or be made available then. I have this on exclusive authority, by the way. This ad has not been seen. Nobody knows about it. It's been -- well, they know about it but nobody has seen it, and the media has been embargoed from doing anything on it until midnight. But since I'm not the media, I'm above that. I have found out about it and not really subject to the embargo. So last night on Hannity & Colmes, Tommy Franks appeared, and they played -- Hannity played a -- he's (Franks) got his new book out called American soldier and they played a tape.

Hannity played a tape for Tommy Franks to react to of Kerry from 1971, and Kerry, in 1971, said, "I personally didn't see personal atrocities in the sense that I saw somebody cut a head off or something like that. However, I did take part in free fire zones. I did take part in harassment interdiction fire. I did take part in search-and-destroy missions in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground, and this is one of the charges these people make in the book that I just read to you, and all of these I find out later on," Kerry says, "are acts contrary to the Hague and Geneva Conventions and to the laws of warfare." (audio)

So he wants everybody to believe in '71, that he thought it was perfectly legal to burn down civilians houses with a Zippo, and to kill their animals, but he only learned later that it violated the Geneva Conventions, and then he continued, "So in this sense anybody who took part in those, if you carry out the application of the Nuremberg principles is in fact guilty." Now, what I have said about this is, you know, this is terrific. Why say this in '71 when it happened months or years earlier? Why not stop it when it's happening? Why not report it when it's happening instead of saving it up for some sort of appearance that you're going to make later on to enhance your own political career? So Hannity says to Tommy Franks, "What does this mean to you, what Kerry just said?"

FRANKS: I think we had a lot of problems in Vietnam. One was the lack of leadership of young people like in John Kerry's position. He was a young officer over there and I'm not sure that activities like that didn't take place. In fact, quite the contrary. I'm sure that they did. I decided to not be involved in activity like that. I think Vietnam was a bad time. I think that what I've learned in my life, Sean, is that it's a heck of a lot easier to protest than it is to step up and take responsibility for the actions of a unit or for your own actions.

RUSH: Get me the vapors. Get me the vapors! This is Tommy Franks basically supporting one of the, unknowingly, I'm sure, charges in this book that is coming out from these (veterans), and there are a lot of Vietnam veterans that are opposed to Kerry, and they're not being dredged up, by the media so they are dredging themselves up and they're making themselves known. One more Tommy Franks bit from the Fox and Friends show this morning, talking to the weather guy, Steve Doocy. Multitalented guy, can even tell jokes about me. He said, "John Kerry's people have made a lot about President Bush's photo-op on board the Abraham Lincoln with that sign, 'mission accomplished.' They say, you know, that Karl Rove dreamed it up in the White House. Karl Rove didn't dream that up. General Franks, you did, right?"

FRANKS: Oh, I didn't actually dream up the part about the aircraft carrier but I did ask the president, through Don Rumsfeld, to declare an end, a success at major combat operations, and so I plead guilty, and I was -- and I appreciate the fact that the president of the United States did that because we had a hundred thousand plus soldiers on the ground in Iraq, and they'd been involved in a big war and it gave them closure for what they had done, and so, yeah, I did that. Guilty as charged.

RUSH: Here's what's important about this. What's important about this is that the Democrats said Bush did this specifically for political reasons, a photo-op for the campaign. He wanted himself in the flight suit landing on the carrier for a photo-op, "mission accomplished" banner and he was way premature. They hadn't planned the aftermath, and lo and behold, here come Tommy Franks' book, said, "Ah, it was my idea," not the aircraft carrier, but announcing closure, saying it was over, because, as he says in his book, "We were trying to get the help that had been promised us, all these nations." Well, we'll come in after you've done the dirty work, when you're in the aftermath and the rebuilding, we'll come in and help you -- and so the idea was to speed that up, and it still didn't get anybody in because the people that had made promises to us backed out at the last moment. So keep an eye on this book. As I say, it's not out till August 15th, but it's got -- understandably so -- the Kerry campaign all upset.

Now, can I give you a comparison? Let's do a sort of a little comparison. How many books have there been since January about George Bush? How many mean-spirited, extremist, lie-filled books have there been about Bush? It's impossible to count. Well, you can count them, but I mean 60 Minutes has given every one of them at least one segment. Bill Clinton got an hour. I wonder, is Tommy Franks going to be on 60 Minutes with his book? And if he is, how many segments will Tommy Franks get? I haven't heard that Tommy Franks has been scheduled for 60 Minutes but I also know this. Tommy Franks book is not Viacom which is the unit that owns CBS, so maybe there's no synergy here in putting out the Franks book and maybe they don't want Franks to get any more publicity than he's already going to get with the rest of his tour.

But don't you find it amazing, that here's a book in the middle of a campaign and 60 Minutes is not interested, at least as far as I've heard. Have you heard he's gonna have a 60 Minutes appearance? I haven't heard it, either. He may well have, I just haven't heard about it, hasn't been highly touted. And we knew weeks in advance when Richard Clarke was going to be on and we knew weeks in advance when Bob Woodward was going to be on with his book. We knew weeks in advance which Clinton was going to be on with his book. But the question is, when all these books hit, did the Bush campaign raise hell? Did they get out and start whining about, "This is a dirty trick and we're going to get to the bottom of this?" The surrogates did. The people who support Bush did, but about the campaign itself? Nope. It's just part of the business, part of the way things are, just ignored it, because it is what it is. It's part of a political campaign.

The Kerry people, though, are fit to be tied over this -- and I want to share with you. It was a struggle for me when I first started this program, and all of my life, I've been thought of as a pretty dull, average, sometimes nice guy. But never I've been known as a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe. Nobody who ever knew me would have ever accused me of all of these things. Six months after being on the radio I was all those: racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe extremist hatemonger, you name it -- and this was new to me. I didn't understand it. Nobody prepared me for it. Nobody told me this was going to happen and nobody told me why when it did happen what to do about it, and I didn't recognize. I didn't know that those were clichés that were attached to effective people as a means of discrediting them. Since their ideas can't be defeated, my ideas in this case, couldn't be defeated to argue with, they try to discredit me.

But for, you know, two or three years I agonized. "How do I respond to this? Do I respond to this? Do I get mad and point out every one of these lies and instances where these people are being unfair?" And I get advice from all kinds of people, and the advice ran the gamut. Some people said, "You've got to defend yourself. You can't let 'em get away with this. Why, this is character assassination! You should sue." Some people said, "Ignore it. If you react, you're just letting 'em win. You're letting 'em know it bothers you. Besides, Rush, all these things out there being said about you, if you start complaining about it, a lot more people are going to hear about 'em than otherwise will if you just ignore it," and about 1990 I was in "21" having dinner with some friends in New York, and I had to excuse myself and go to the restroom. When I walked into the restroom I met the Rev. The restroom attendant there was a pastor up in Westchester County, and he was a big fan.

I didn't even know it, but he knew I was going to be there that night because one of my hosts had told him. He had a copy of my book in there, wanted me to sign it, and he started telling me about the most exciting day of his life was when he met Ronald Reagan at 21, and he said to me -- I had not said a word, other than, "Hi, nice to meet you." He was just chatting up a storm. He said, "You know, they hated that man. They hated him. He just laughed at 'em. He never responded to them," and I said, "I have just been sent a message here in the restroom at 21 from the Rev," and so from that day forward I ignored it. I don't say a thing, because I have concluded that it only makes you sound defensive, and when you respond to all this stuff -- when it's baseless in the first place -- all it does is tell more people about it than otherwise would know about it, but it does make people -- and I tried it. Before I finally figured out a policy. Every time I would defend myself, "Whooa-ho! Must be bugging Limbaugh. Look at what he said. Must be bugging him."

So from my own personal experiences and what I've learned here, I am suggesting here in a roundabout way that the Kerry campaign's reaction to this book from the swift boat guys. They're a little bit too upset about this. Things that aren't true, ignore them. Let 'em bounce off because you know they're not true. You know what's not true, and you can demonstrate that they're not true by being who you are. Well, Kerry is having trouble demonstrating who he is to anybody. We don't know who he is because who he is changes minute by minute, hour by hour. They feel the need to go out and trash the people saying this. Now, I understand it's a political campaign. There may be different parameters for these people, me as a lowly little media talk show host here, but still, in the context of just the human experience and my intelligence guided by now 16-plus years of experience, tells me that when you have a fit about something the odds are, not always, but the odds are somebody's hit home and you feel like you got to discredit it, lest people believe it because it might be true. So this reaction they're having to this makes me a little suspicious. The Kerry people I'm talking about.

END TRANSCRIPT

Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom. Did you get my e-mail earlier?

Theresa
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
Thanks Tom. Did you get my e-mail earlier?

Theresa

Yes, but too busy to respond! Manana! I promise. Laughing
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seemed like the best place to post my first time, since it was on Rush's show Thursday that I really heard about all this first. This site is GREAT! It's so funny seeing all the kerry people and the Bush haters get so frothed at the mouth and so angry. It seems that when confronted with what they've been doing the past three years to President Bush, and faced with having it done to their pansy kerry, and it actually being true as opposed to their Bush bashing, it seems to be leaving a sour taste in their mouth. IT'S Laughing FUNNY!!! Laughing

I am SOOOO glad these guys got together and showed the courage to stand up and not let kerry get away with his lies, like he's been getting away with for over 30 years. It's been even funnier hearing the news break how the supposed retraction from the ad, was not a retraction and the pathetic kerry lap dog "journalist" on the boston globe is also the writer of the official kerry/edwards campaign book and kerry's biography, or some such thing. No bias or conflict of interest there. GOD it's hillarious! If I could get to these guys in the ad, I'd hug them! It's great. My Dad served in Vietnam for four tours, and was on the swift boats some of that time, and left, thank God, a year before kerry got there. He told me today that part of him wishes he had been there the same time so he could sink his teeth into kerry and be part of this, assuming that kerry's incompetance and stupidity didn't get him killed in the process of being there at the same time with kerry.

Anyway, I hope this is an okay place to post this rant. I'm REALLY glad this site is here. This ad sure seems to have legs, since it's all truthful, the sources are unimpeachable, and kerry has nothing tangable to challenge their accusations with. It's great! And it couldn't happen to a more deserving scum of a democRAT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: