SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senator Kennedy Offers to Plug at Least One Big Levee Hole!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Senator Kennedy Offers to Plug at Least One Big Levee Hole!! Reply with quote

Got this email today that gave me a good laugh, so I thought I would pass it along. Smile

Quote:
Senator Kennedy Offers to Plug at Least One Big Hole in the New Orleans Levee

Shocked by the widespread suffering of those displaced from their homes by the flooding in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) offered to plug one of the holes in the Lake Pontchartrain levee with his own ample body.

"The Bush Administration has failed to stem the tide of this cataclysm," said Kennedy. "I have had some experience with aquatic mishaps. This experience will bolster me in this hour of desperation as I plug one of the leaks myself."
Kennedy has arranged to have the Air Force transport him by helicopter and lower him into the easternmost breach in the levee. The hope is that the senator's doughy frame will be pliable enough to conform to the hole's dimensions and halt or, at least slow, the flow of water from the lake into the city.
President Bush praised Senator Kennedy's decision. "I think it's mighty big of him to offer so much for the good of the country," said Bush. "There aren't many who could fill such a large role in this disaster."
Not everyone favors restoring the levee. Both Disney and Turner Communications expressed interest in turning New Orleans into a giant theme park. Disney has drawn up preliminary plans for an attraction it has tentatively labeled "Disaster Land." Tourists could purchase helicopter rides to view the carnage, loot stores and fish souvenirs out of the muck. Turner plans similar tourist activities, but calls its attraction "Underwater World." Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco is reportedly considering these proposals.
In other news, Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro has also offered aid. "The Cuban people know how to build boats out of any scrap material," said Castro. "There are already more than a million volunteers .

SBD
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<ROTFLMAO!!!>
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil's looking good today! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the dnc party? Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: