SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter from John O'Neill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Letter from John O'Neill Reply with quote

Don't know how many of you got this, probably about everybody on this forum but I'm quoting it here in case some didn't get it already.
This came in an e-mail.
Quote:
John O’Neill
Houston, Texas

Dear Friend,

Last year, when my fellow Swift Boat veterans and I spoke out about John Kerry, you rallied to our side. We will never forget your faith in our cause and your belief in our honesty. It made all the difference. Together we made history.

Like most of you, I believed our mission was over. We could all move on with our lives, return to our families and homes secure in the knowledge we had done the right thing for America, and for our children’s future.

Regrettably, that has not been the case for a distinguished group of Vietnam combat veterans who stood shoulder-to-shoulder with us during last year’s campaign. Their situation has become so critical that I felt compelled to break our long silence to inform you of this urgent matter.

The Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation, an organization founded by some of the same POWs and their wives who joined with us to form Swift Boat Veterans and POWs for Truth, has become the target of vicious legal assaults – multiple lawsuits designed to silence the voices of the POWs.

The VVLF is being sued to punish the organization for the content of the POW documentary Stolen Honor, which contrasts their own accounts of their service in Vietnam and suffering in North Vietnamese prison camps with the claims of the antiwar movement.

They desperately need our help and I am asking, once more, for your support. I urge you to give what you can to assist these truly noble men and women.

It is no accident that this campaign to coerce and silence some of America’s most heroic figures from the Vietnam War has intensified just as the shrill voices of the extreme Left’s anti-military, blame-America-first propagandists are once again on the rise. Even Jane Fonda has resurfaced.

You might ask why the VVLF has been targeted in this legal assault – why attack men who endured years of unspeakable torture and suffering in defense of America? The answer lies in the question. These are among the most credible, living eyewitnesses to the trail of deceit and betrayal. All are highly decorated and each bears the scars and permanent physical disabilities of his long years in captivity. One is the recipient of our nation’s highest award for valor, the Medal of Honor. They paid for the right to voice their opinions with years of indescribable pain, hardship and torment. Their individual histories of perseverance under the direst of circumstances, and their fidelity to the principles of honor instilled in each American serving in uniform belie the despicable slanders laid at the feet of our military.

The POWs' very existence and their willingness to go public threaten the foundation of the Left’s propaganda, a lifetime of lies that accuse the U.S. military of being no better than the “armies of Genghis Khan.” It remains the Left’s most potent weapon as they continue to undermine the efforts of our Armed Forces and provide aid and comfort to America’s enemies.

The war for America’s conscience and soul rages on in the media, on the streets and quietly behind courtroom doors. In the vanguard of that battle, as they were some 40 years ago, are the POWs; some of America’s greatest heroes; men and their wives, fathers and mothers, many of them grandparents, who have already paid a heavy price for their loyalty and devotion to America and, sadly, find they must do so again today.

They deserve our respect, admiration and gratitude, but most of all our support, even as they try to protect and preserve the honor and reputations of an entire generation of American troops vilified by the extreme Left.

Won’t you stand up once more to defend our troops and veterans? Please give what you can to help the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation continue the still-unfinished task of setting the record straight about the Vietnam War and Vietnam vets.

This is every bit as important as our effort last year. If you’d like to stay informed about the VVLF’s ongoing work, please sign up for updates here.

Thank you again and God bless you and America.

Sincerely,

John O’Neill

Of course I'm going to help all I can in this effort but to my mind a good offense is the best defense.
I don't think we are going to get any headway against the tide of public opinion until some people are brought to justice for their actions so long ago.
As everyone knows, there is no statute of limitations for the crime of Treason. Also pretty much everyone here is convinced that John Kerry and Jane Fonda committed treason against this country by their actions and words.
The proof is in the FBI files now revealed.
Charges of Treason against Kerry and Fonda need to be filed. That is the start of setting the record straight. Without holding those responsible for propagating the lies that turned a country's citizens against it's own soldiers, we will never convince anyone that the truth is not what they said.
I hope an pray that Mr. O'Neill and the VVLF will bring these charges as a counter to the lawsuits they are under and as the start of REALLY setting the record straight.

Dusty
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see other forum:

Carlton Sherwood and the VVLF sue John kerry!

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=158908#158908
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks for the info Rdtf. I hadn't seen that yet. Really I hadn't.
This is too good. Finally, finally, finally we can get some light of day.
Too Kool, Too Kool, Too Kool.

Admins. if this is what's considered a double post, then delete mine please.

dusty
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Nor sure. Reply with quote

Got the same email and it very well be legitimate. However, I will donate to the fund, but it will be through a link at this website rather than through an email I received.

There are just too many scams asking for money, user ID's, passwords, etc. that come in via emails. Who are they from?

There, I ended a sentence with a preposition. Ah, my day is complete, and it's so early yet.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge has this up:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/05/D8D22S4O9.html

Quote:
Filmmaker Sues Kerry, Campaign Aide
Oct 05 3:48 PM US/Eastern

By MARYCLAIRE DALE
Associated Press Writer

A filmmaker has sued Sen. John Kerry and a one-time campaign aide, saying they defamed him as they sought to block the broadcast of an anti-Kerry documentary during the 2004 presidential election.

The lawsuit, filed this week on behalf of producer Carlton Sherwood and a Vietnam veterans group, is the latest salvo in the battle over the documentary "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal."

The film contends that Kerry's anti-war activities when he returned from Vietnam caused further harm to captured U.S. soldiers.

The Sinclair Broadcast Group, which as of last year owned 62 TV stations that reached a quarter of all U.S. households, canceled plans to air the documentary during the razor-close Bush-Kerry race last fall and instead showed only portions of it as part of a broader program.

The Democratic National Committee had complained that "Stolen Honor" amounted to an illegal in-kind contribution to President Bush's campaign, and Kerry's campaign asked for equal time.

Sherwood's suit alleges that Kerry directed the DNC to issue a statement that falsely said the film was produced and funded by "extreme right-wing activists."

The film was funded only by Vietnam veterans from Pennsylvania, according to Sherwood, a Harrisburg resident who served in Vietnam. He and a combat veterans group called the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation filed the federal suit in Philadelphia on Monday.

The suit charges that Anthony Podesta, who ran Kerry's campaign in Pennsylvania, called Sherwood "a disgraced journalist" and "Bush hack" in a widely circulated e-mail.

Kerry's Senate office was preparing a response Wednesday, spokesman David Wade said. Podesta did not immediately return a message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: