SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I NEED HELP - U.S. SOLDIERS IN IRAQ REQUEST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: I NEED HELP - U.S. SOLDIERS IN IRAQ REQUEST Reply with quote

Does anyone know of anyone who is donating or can help me get 20 sets (top and bottom) of long johns, sizes large and extra large? I am on my 3rd set of adoptions and am currently helping two Marines in the Fallujah area. Even though I only have two soldiers, they request things for other men in their unit and that request came in today. I can buy a pair for each of my soldiers, but can't afford the other 18. It is starting to get cold over there and will only get colder. Thanks for any direction you can give me.
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: lonhjohn help Reply with quote

can you tell us how much money you need to supply the rest, or would you rather we send the others? just let us know which is the best option. I will be glad to help either way
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we can do it three ways and sending me money is the least I would like. That is number one. I can provide via a private message the name and address of the soldier and you can send it to him personally, or you can buy some and mail them to me and I can forward them. However, anyway you do it, I would like them to know who it came from so they know who else is supporting them. So if it is sent to me, please enclose a letter or card. The request came in for twenty sets and I am buying two. Let me know how many you can donate. I am also talking to Soldiersangels.com and they may come through with with the remainder.

Anyone interested, send me private message and we can work out the logistics.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to help... just wish I could find a pair of civilized longjohns over here :/

Been looking for them since I've been here and haven't found anything yet >.<
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it will come to anything by I have emailed REI for donations. They are an outdoorsmans outfitter. Camping Hiking and the like. I will post information as I can.

Mr Japan - try looking at their site for some nice longjohns - they make them out of silk now.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5 wrote:
Don't know if it will come to anything by I have emailed REI for donations. They are an outdoorsmans outfitter. Camping Hiking and the like. I will post information as I can.

Mr Japan - try looking at their site for some nice longjohns - they make them out of silk now.

Silk?! wow... must be comfortable Wink

Thank you, I'll look into it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: