SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angry Kerry Supporters Seek Ohio Reform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Angry Kerry Supporters Seek Ohio Reform Reply with quote

Moveon.org campaigning to make voter fraud easier in Ohio!
Loonies!
They believe if it weren't for Ohio, Kerry would be President, so they have to change the law to make sure he wins Ohio in 08.
Unhinged!!

Quote:
Thursday November 3, 2005 7:16 PM
By CARRIE SPENCER GHOSE
Associated Press Writer

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Still angry a year later, John Kerry supporters across the country are donating money to an effort to overhaul elections in the state they blame for costing them the White House.

A New Mexico retiree who became incensed after reading last fall about pre-election directives by Ohio's secretary of state gave $100. A substance-abuse counselor in Maine who suspects Ohio-made electronic voting machines were tampered with to give President Bush the victory contributed $25.

``There were so many questions and allegations about voter fraud, vote machine tampering, that it really frightened me,'' said Elizabeth Schrader, 50, of Old Hickory, Tenn. ``Serious voter reform is necessary in all 50 states.''

She added: ``If Ohio can start the ball rolling, then more power to 'em.''

The four constitutional amendments on Tuesday's ballot in Republican-dominated Ohio would expand voting by mail, limit campaign contributions and create bipartisan boards to draw districts and oversee elections - jobs now done by politicians. The amendments were proposed by Democratic-leaning groups.

Reform Ohio Now, a coalition of union and citizens groups that backs the amendments, has raised $2 million overall in donations and services, including nearly 3,300 contributions of $500 or less from all 50 states. A third of its money, $629,750, came from People for the American Way in Washington.

Many of the donations poured in after a nationwide e-mail alert in late September from moveon.org, a liberal advocacy group that campaigned heavily against Bush.

The amendments are in part a response to long lines and confusion in last November's election in Ohio, the state that put Bush over the top in the Electoral College vote. People complained of lost voter registrations, incorrect information on their precinct and lack of voting machines causing lines of up to seven hours.

Also, Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell, honorary co-chairman of the Bush campaign in Ohio, was accused by Democrats of partisanship in his handling of various election matters.

The Ohio Supreme Court this year found no merit to a challenge alleging widespread fraud in the presidential vote.

A mid-October poll indicated Ohio voters supported the absentee-voting and campaign-finance questions.

Ohio First, a mainly Republican group opposed to the ballot measures, has raised $2.2 million, most of it from business and professional interests. All but seven of its 170 donations were from Ohio.

David Hopcraft, spokesman for the group, said he was surprised to see so many out-of-state donations to the amendment supporters.

``The point is that they're not from Ohio,'' he said. ``They're people who think somehow Ohioans don't have it right, and Ohioans don't share that opinion.''

^---
On the Net:

Reform Ohio Now: http://www.reformohionow.org

Ohio First: http://www.protectyourvote.org

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5390523,00.html
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True election reform will never help the liberals and I think they know it. When illegals, the dead and criminals can not longer vote, it will not be to their advantage. Their efforts in Ohio and anywhere else they are FOR reform have to be suspect. Here in Wisconsin they are adamently against any reform that would insure voters are who they say they are and are not voting more than once.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just couldn't help but notice that the article was by AP, which ought to tell you something right there...

If I remember correctly Bush lost PA to Kerry by a smaller margin than Bush beat Kerry in Ohio. PA was full of voting irregularities. Wonder why these folks aren't interested in investigating, and fixing, PA's voting problems?
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I just couldn't help but notice that the article was by AP, which ought to tell you something right there...

If I remember correctly Bush lost PA to Kerry by a smaller margin than Bush beat Kerry in Ohio. PA was full of voting irregularities. Wonder why these folks aren't interested in investigating, and fixing, PA's voting problems?

PA is not full of voting irregularities, Philadelphia is, and that's where the margin was. Fast Eddy Rendell, whom I refer to as they mayor of PA, is a hack and was Slick Willy's DNC chair before McAwful. He only sees the rest of the state as a revenue source for the City of Phila. As the residents flee he wants to have regional taxes to support the city and SEPTA. If you could control the union thuggery (nothing again unions per se except for the City ones) and all the dead, pets, and other unknowns who vote in Philly, you might find a different story. Tell me how a city precinct turns out 110% of the vote. Phila was rated among the tops in a recent assessment of voter fraud. It's an embarrassment and the rest of the state is getting fed up.

By the way, Fast Eddie tried a stunt on Military Absentee BAllots and had to back down as he did with registering incarcerated felons. We are getting after this crap.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Angry Kerry Supporters Seek Ohio Reform Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Moveon.org campaigning to make voter fraud easier in Ohio!
Loonies!
They believe if it weren't for Ohio, Kerry would be President, so they have to change the law to make sure he wins Ohio in 08.
Unhinged!!

Quote:
Thursday November 3, 2005 7:16 PM
By CARRIE SPENCER GHOSE
Associated Press Writer

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Still angry a year later, John Kerry supporters across the country are donating money to an effort to overhaul elections in the state they blame for costing them the White House.

A New Mexico retiree who became incensed after reading last fall about pre-election directives by Ohio's secretary of state gave $100. A substance-abuse counselor in Maine who suspects Ohio-made electronic voting machines were tampered with to give President Bush the victory contributed $25.

``There were so many questions and allegations about voter fraud, vote machine tampering, that it really frightened me,'' said Elizabeth Schrader, 50, of Old Hickory, Tenn. ``Serious voter reform is necessary in all 50 states.''

She added: ``If Ohio can start the ball rolling, then more power to 'em.''

The four constitutional amendments on Tuesday's ballot in Republican-dominated Ohio would expand voting by mail, limit campaign contributions and create bipartisan boards to draw districts and oversee elections - jobs now done by politicians. The amendments were proposed by Democratic-leaning groups.

Reform Ohio Now, a coalition of union and citizens groups that backs the amendments, has raised $2 million overall in donations and services, including nearly 3,300 contributions of $500 or less from all 50 states. A third of its money, $629,750, came from People for the American Way in Washington.

Many of the donations poured in after a nationwide e-mail alert in late September from moveon.org, a liberal advocacy group that campaigned heavily against Bush.

The amendments are in part a response to long lines and confusion in last November's election in Ohio, the state that put Bush over the top in the Electoral College vote. People complained of lost voter registrations, incorrect information on their precinct and lack of voting machines causing lines of up to seven hours.

Also, Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell, honorary co-chairman of the Bush campaign in Ohio, was accused by Democrats of partisanship in his handling of various election matters.

The Ohio Supreme Court this year found no merit to a challenge alleging widespread fraud in the presidential vote.

A mid-October poll indicated Ohio voters supported the absentee-voting and campaign-finance questions.

Ohio First, a mainly Republican group opposed to the ballot measures, has raised $2.2 million, most of it from business and professional interests. All but seven of its 170 donations were from Ohio.

David Hopcraft, spokesman for the group, said he was surprised to see so many out-of-state donations to the amendment supporters.

``The point is that they're not from Ohio,'' he said. ``They're people who think somehow Ohioans don't have it right, and Ohioans don't share that opinion.''

^---
On the Net:

Reform Ohio Now: http://www.reformohionow.org

Ohio First: http://www.protectyourvote.org

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5390523,00.html

Thanks for the information! I should have known something was up when my brother-in-law (union) handed me a brochure in support of issues 2, 3, and 4 (I think). This is being advertised here in Toledo Ohio as a 'bring back jobs' to the area effot. Of course people who don't have the correct information will vote to bring back jobs and the way the campaign is 'designed', it is set up so that folks will automatically vote for all 3 of the issues. I hope it isnt too late, but I will check out Ohio First and see if there is anything I can do to help.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am furious.....and right......this Ohio reform group is using the guise of bringing jobs back to Ohio to hide all of the issues in 2, 3, 4, and 5. Check out this advertisement.....

Vote YES on Issues 2, 3, 4, & 5

Ohio has always been a great state, but times are tough. Ohio leads the country in job losses, and young people are leaving in droves. Our capitol is racked by numerous scandals, and elected officials still pander to big donors and ignore working people.

But now there's something we can do about it.

Vote YES on Issues 2, 3, 4, & 5 on November 8 - real, common-sense reforms to take our state back from the politicians who have failed us:

* Issue 2: Makes it easier to vote by allowing all Ohioans to vote by mail
* Issue 3: Helps stop the influence of big money in elections by greatly reducing campaign contributions.
* Issue 4: Stops the politicians from drawing their own legislative districts and puts an Independent Commission in charge of this process.
* Issue 5: Places a bi-partisan Board of Supervisors in charge of Ohio's elections, instead of a partisan official who backs candidates and takes sides in elections.

ONLY in the first sentence does it say ANYTHING related to jobs. None of the issues has ANYTHING to do with jobs? Am I completely nuts, or what? Someone explain HOW they can get away with this?
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say.... John Fricking Kerry really does seem to think he's going to run for president again.

His poor daughers! I'd post the picture..... 'cans at Cannes' but i'm just not that bad.

The last ellection cycle was bizaar enough, lord knows what lays on the horizon.

We here at SVPOW really are going to have to be ready to get the truth out again.

I'd like to see a debate between John O'Niell and Kerry concerning the veracity of Kerrys statements at Winter Soldier and the Veracity of the book 'Unfitt for Comand'.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
All I can say.... John ******* Kerry really does seem to think he's going to run for president again.

His poor daughers! I'd post the picture..... 'cans at Cannes' but i'm just not that bad.

The last ellection cycle was bizaar enough, lord knows what lays on the horizon.

We here at SVPOW really are going to have to be ready to get the truth out again.

I'd like to see a debate between John O'Niell and Kerry concerning the veracity of Kerrys statements at Winter Soldier and the Veracity of the book 'Unfitt for Comand'.

I think most of us have been 'hibernating' with just one eye open on this subject, but I too think we need to 'rouse. The reform ohio campaign is clearly meant to change the color of the state of ohio. bad move. And, as I mentioned somewhere here, I've been a bit surprised that Kerry has been laying so low, when it seems the LL of the Senate are publically on board with everything (and more) that would seem to be Kerry, especially since Hillary has become centered on the war. Maybe what's happening is just blowing smoke, but imo, the LL is so out of control that I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they won't stop with Libby, or even Rove or Cheney over this Plame issue. And, if they can make the Plame issue into a major anti-war issue by focusing on Niger and Bush's alleged 'lying us into war', is Bush not fair game as well? Am I over thinking this? Is is not plausable that they could ask for an impeachment over this? I don't know how this 'works' so maybe I'm way off track?
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 48 challanges I made last year at a Detroit poll I am sure were not Bush supporters. The 3 people I challanged returning to the lines after they voted I am sure did not vote for Bush. liberals need voter fraud in 2006 and 2008. They cannot win without it.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 48 challanges I made last year at a Detroit poll I am sure were not Bush supporters. The 3 people I challanged returning to the lines after they voted I am sure did not vote for Bush. liberals need voter fraud in 2006 and 2008. They cannot win without it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: