SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Troops Used Poison Gas on Civilians (oh brother)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: US Troops Used Poison Gas on Civilians (oh brother) Reply with quote

Several (LL) people on another message board I post on are using this and the video as evidence that US troops are targeting civilians and using WMD's on them, and of course, President Bush is being blamed. Is there no end?

http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=2883

US Troops used "Poison Gas" in Fallujah documentary claims
Posted by: McQ on Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Have you heard this one? We allegedly used poison gas on Iraqi civilians in Fallujah according to a new documentary.
No, really, that's the story:

Powerful new evidence emerged yesterday that the United States dropped massive quantities of white phosphorus on the Iraqi city of Fallujah during the attack on the city in November 2004, killing insurgents and civilians with the appalling burns that are the signature of this weapon.
Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists, rumours have swirled that the Americans used chemical weapons on the city.
On 10 November last year, the Islam Online website wrote: "US troops are reportedly using chemical weapons and poisonous gas in its large-scale offensive on the Iraqi resistance bastion of Fallujah, a grim reminder of Saddam Hussein's alleged gassing of the Kurds in 1988."
The website quoted insurgent sources as saying: "The US occupation troops are gassing resistance fighters and confronting them with internationally banned chemical weapons."
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

The Reds might not be at work in PRC... but they do seem to be at work here at home. They seemed to forget mentioning 'depleted Uranium, and 'cluster bombs', the mantra's of the last thirty years.

Maybe Misseur Kerry can be a spokesman for these issues of using Road side Flairs as conclusive evidence the U.S. is evil incarnate and must succumb to the beloved Islam!!?
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If white phosphorus can be defined as a WMD, we've been guilty of that since WWI. Frog feathers.

Schadow
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
If white phosphorus can be defined as a WMD, we've been guilty of that since WWI. Frog feathers.

Schadow

I guess it's the accusation that our troops are deliberately targeting civilians with the stuff, that tics me off. innocent women, children, babies....deja vu is all.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the opening post
Quote:
The website quoted insurgent sources as saying
well there's a reliable source

the source of this story/'documentary' is …… a very familiar name
Italian TV link
Quote:

"I had gathered testimonials on the use of phosphorous and Napalm in Iraq from several refugees from Fallujah, and wanted to tell the world about it, but my kidnappers would not allow me to," said Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena, held hostage in Iraq earlier this year, during the documentary.
Sgrena herself ... that says all we need to know

her kidnappers wouldn't allow her to? does that even make sense

Last edited by kate on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Phosphorus is NOT poison gas. It is an incindiary material. Upon exposure to air, it will burst into flames and is difficult if not impossible to put out. While burning it creates a cloud of phosphorus oxide. Phosphorus oxide reacts with the humidity in the air to form phosphoric acid, the additive that gives Pepsi, Coke and soda pop its tangy taste and makes it so that Coke will clean rust really well. This stuff isn't poisonous, but it is irritating; it is infact edible if it isn't in a concentrated form. If you got it in your eyes it would sting like lemon juice or vinegar, but it's not going to kill you. The news story is 100% media hype designed to anger the ignorant and ill informed.

How do I know about this stuff? I am a chemical engineer.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "documentary" is online here if you can tolerate it
Italian RAI News
they have 2 US soldiers appearing for them
one going on and on about the white phosphorus...he is apparently their 'expert'

30 minutes of propaganda
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like old Peter Arnette's work from Viet Nam. Seems we were acussed then too.

Just remember, they support the troops, but not the war Rolling Eyes

Once they get everyone believing they too are baby killers, guess what comes next, when they get home? Evil or Very Mad
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get only about 8 minutes of the film when my player went into an endless rebuffering mode. But what I saw and heard labeled this as pure BS. For instance, the Brit narrator describes napalm drop tanks as "glowing from friction" as they are dropped. I've never heard rarefaction condensate described as "glowing from friction".

Didn't get to the "white phosphorus" part of the film, but from the stills at the bottom of the page I'm afraid I would have to re-identify what I see as magnesium flares.

Does indeed put one in mind of "Winter Soldier".

Schadow
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all so much for your comments. I am up early this morning, barely got any sleep. I found this to be so disturbing and am hopeful that the story does not have legs, but I feel like the LL is gaining momentum as they seem to find more and more each day to add to their anti-Bush, anti-war rhetoric. My thoughts were also similar to Lew's. God help our troops should this happen again.

Kimberly
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:

Does indeed put one in mind of "Winter Soldier"

Neo-leftists are reading from the same 60's-70's script. Only difference is that a "Winter Soldier II" reincarnation (and, IMHO, you can be assured it is in the works) will be fisked in a nanosecond by a now-rhetorically armed and extremely effective and influential opposition.

The jury is still out on whether or not our Vietnam experience will ever be wrested from the opprobrium of history, but it's money-in-the-bank that attempts to denigrate our Middle East endeavor will be met with an opposition never dreamed of by some 60's-70's radical leftist.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically they're claiming that white Phosphorus and napalm are "chemical" weapons.

They're clearly not , but to the uninformed...and those who wish to remain so...

Fuel for the fire. Rolling Eyes
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning, the news is full of this story and we have "admitted" using white phosphorus at Fallujah.

Again, WP is not classified as a "chemical weapon". Rather, it's primarily a smoke generating device used to create confusion through the enemy not being able to see what's going on around them. In Korea, it was widely used in grenades, mortar rounds and artillery projectiles.

Everything is a "chemical". High explosive is a chemical and the products of exploding it include fragments which kill or maim people. An improvised explosive device could be called a "chemical weapon", but nobody will.

This will probably become the cause celebre of the day since the President is out of town.

Schadow
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
This morning, the news is full of this ...
Everything is a "chemical". ...This will probably become the cause celebre of the day since the President is out of town.

Schadow

Schadow,
We've also been accused of 'forcing' the detainees to drink "Di-Hydrogen Oxide", that nasty truth serum of choice of the US Military in their "chemical" arsenal. Some journalist somewhere said we used more of that than Saddam!! Wink

Deuce
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just keeps getting better and better. Our use of "chemical" weapons isn't enough, so now, we throw the "detainees" to the lions Shocked

Quote:
Iraqis Say Troops Caged Them With Lions

Associated Press | November 15, 2005

WASHINGTON - Two Iraqi businessmen, who were imprisoned by U.S. forces in Iraq, claimed Monday that American Soldiers threw them into a cage of lions in a Baghdad palace, as part of a terrifying interrogation in 2003.

"They took me behind the cage, they were screaming at me, scaring me and beating me a lot," Thahe Mohammed Sabbar said in an interview. "One of the Soldiers would open the door, and two Soldiers would push me in. The lions came running toward me and they pulled me out and shut the door. I completely lost consciousness."

Lions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: