SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Kurds > Thank You America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: From the Kurds > Thank You America Reply with quote

FReeRepublic
Quote:
................"THANK YOU AMERICA"

I have the very good fortune to be working for a PR company hired by the Iraqi Kurds to help promote a media campaign that begins on Wednesday, November 9, 2005 here in the United States.

Tomorrow is the launch of a TV ad campaign where the Iraqi Kurds say "Thank You" to America for liberating them from the oppressive regime of Saddam Hussein. Please watch the ads and post your thoughts.

"Thank You America" is the first of 3 ads that will run in the United States (beginning on Fox News Channel) and then thanking British and American troops in Europe and the Middle East.

~snips~

CNN has rejected the ads for now. Can you believe it? The Kurds here in the U.S. are actually putting together funding to do additional waves of advertising here in the U.S. But for the general public they just ask that people hear their words of thanks and learn more about what they've been doing in the largely peaceful enclave of Iraqi Kurdistan.

"The Other Iraq" is their marketing theme - it's the Iraq you don't hear about."

Go here to view the TV Ads
Kurdistan The Other Iraq
Thank You ~
The Other Iraq ~
Share the Dream ~

see if I can link one…. Thank You America

Website is kinda like a Chamber of Commerce site
The 3 TV ads noted are on the front page
A couple of other videos are at the link in addition to the TV Ads

A video on one of the tabs points out the times in the past that “The West” aka US turned their back on the Kurds
-- an interesting footnote in that video they are very proud of--not a single coalition soldier has lost his life on Kurdish soil
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh...the Kurds "SwiftBoating" the MSM...BZ!

This is extremely encouraging to see. It will come as a surprise to no one that the war against terrorism has a twofold front...military and propaganda. Just as in the Vietnam era, it is the latter that is the "weak sister" in the equation and the fifth columnists are waging an aggressive campaign to, again, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

We need to see more like these...MANY more...and from EVERY segment of the Iraqi population.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is encouraging, although this group seems to be somewhat seperatist. I have mixed feelings on whether the Kurds should break away from Iraq. One thing is clear though, we do not want to create in the Kurds what the international community did with the palestinians.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was half awake this morning very early and I saw this first ad, it spun my head around from my computer to watch and I was very, very impressed. Take that you left wing, kool-aid drinking, moon howling, traior backing idiots!!!! We are being thanked by the people we are helping to free and you are still sitting on your brains telling us this war is a mistake???
I just wonder how this will be spun by the MSM to make it a lie.
My only fear is 'Was Dan Rather involved in this?'

And prople wonder why they call ne nutso. Even my doctor does. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: