SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emergency troops for France :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Emergency troops for France :-) Reply with quote

This late breaking e-mail is now making the rounds at my company:
I'm surprised he didn't include the info in today's speech Laughing

President Bush May Send Up To 5 Marines For French Assistance

11/4/2005

President Bush has authorized the Joint Chiefs to begin drawing up a battle plan to pull France's ass out of the fire again. Facing an apparent overwhelming force of up to 400 pissed off teenagers Mr. Bush doubts France's ability to hold off the little pissants. "Hell, if the last two world wars are any indication, I would expect France to surrender any day now", said Bush.

Joint Chiefs head, Gen. Peter Pace, warned the President that it might be necessary to send up to 5 Marines to get things under control. The general admitted that 5 Marines may be overkill but he wanted to get this thing under control within 24 hours of arriving on scene. He stated he was having a hard time finding even one Marine to help those ungrateful bastards out for a third time but thought that he could persuade a few women Marines to do the job before they went on pregnancy leave.

President Bush asked Gen. Pace to get our Marines out of there as soon as possible after order was restored. He also reminded Gen. Pace to make sure the Marines did not take soap, razors, or deodorant with them. The least they stand out the better.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question of the day: In WWII when our troops made the 1st landings in North Africa in Operation Torch, who was in the enemy trenches shooting at the landing forces??
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Question of the day: In WWII when our troops made the 1st landings in North Africa in Operation Torch, who was in the enemy trenches shooting at the landing forces??

That, I believe, would be the French.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
GM Strong wrote:

That, I believe, would be the French.

You win a two week vacation to France, at your own expense. Wink Wink Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by GM Strong on Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the French.......a merry people:)
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkhorse18 wrote:
Ah the French.......a merry people:)

It has always been a marvel to me--that French language; it has always been a puzzle to me. How beautiful that language is! How expressive it seems to be! How full of grace it is! And when it comes from lips like those [of Sarah Bernhardt], how eloquent and how limpid it is! And, oh, I am always deceived--I always think I am going to understand it.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, GM, mon ami,

A dead language, for sure, in the making!
but the lips of Bridgett Bardot and her circle of friends have always provided a breath of fresh air from France. They need more like her tho'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: