SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rockefeller’s Confession (Treason?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Rockefeller’s Confession (Treason?) Reply with quote

Is it any wonder that no WMD's were found in Iraq??
Blithering Jay Rockefeller gave Saddam a heads-up a year before we invaded! This man sits on the INTELLIGENCE Committee??
Quote:
November 14, 2005, 3:41 p.m.
Rockefeller’s Confession

What was the West Virginia Democrat doing as a freelancing prewar diplomat?

By William J. Bennett

Yesterday, on Fox News Sunday, the following exchange took place between Chris Wallace and U.S. Senator Jay Rockefeller, vice chairman of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence:

WALLACE: Now, the President never said that Saddam Hussein was an imminent threat. As you saw, you did say that. If anyone hyped the intelligence, isn't it Jay Rockefeller?

SEN. ROCKEFELLER: No. The — I mean, this question is asked a thousand times and I'll be happy to answer it a thousand times. I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq — that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11.

While Democrats in Washington are berating the White House for having prewar intelligence wrong, a high-profile U.S. senator, member of the Select Committee on Intelligence, who has a name more internationally recognizable than Richard Cheney's, tells two putative allies (Saudi Arabia and Jordan) and an enemy who is allied with Saddam Hussein (Syria) that the United States was going to war with Iraq. This is not a prewar intelligence mistake, it is a prewar intelligence giveaway.

Syria is not only on the list of state sponsors of terrorism and the country many speculate is where Hussein has secreted weapons, it is also the country from which terrorists are flowing into Iraq to fight our troops and allies. Jordan and Saudi Arabia have had, over the years, conflicted loyalties. What was Senator Rockefeller doing? What was he thinking? And all this before President Bush even made a public speech about Iraq — to the U.N. or anyone else.

We can have our umpteenth investigation into what the White House knew and when it knew it about Iraqi weapons — we will find the same answer: It knew what President Clinton, Sandy Berger, Madeline Albright, and William Cohen knew when they made speeches about the dangers of Iraq in the late 1990s and when President Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act. How about an investigation, now, into what exactly Senator Jay Rockefeller told Syria and just what Syria might have done with the information made available to them presumably before it was made available to the U.N., the Senate, or the American people.

Senators and congressmen don't have to agree with their president's policies, and they should make the president robustly defend his policies — but they should not be acting as if they are the president or secretary of state; they should not be tipping off sometimes friends and definitive enemies about war plans that not even the president has yet made as policy. This is the true mockery of prewar intelligence, and Senator Rockefeller should fully explain his actions.

If Syria — or elements in Saudi Arabia — began acting on this information before we even went to war in Iraq (more than a year later), then Senator Rockefeller may have seriously harmed, impeded, and hindered our war efforts, our troops, and the entire operation in the Middle East. This should be investigated immediately; and perhaps Senator Rockefeller should step down from the Intelligence Committee until an investigation is complete.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/bennett200511141541.asp
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with most trust fund children is they never grow up.

Blows me away that people actually vote for these children. Wonder what type of faustian deal this mans wife made with him at the alter? Or is he even married? He doesn't even warrant my time in yahoo.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another non story as far as the MSM goes,,,Bush needs to get after these people...
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right, rparrott21. The MSM won't touch it!

It is not a big story that the leader of Syria ( a good buddy of Saddam) was informed by the VICE CHAIRMAN OF THE SENATE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE that President Bush had a predetermined set course to invade Iraq. Thus allowing Saddam a whole year to conspire with Assad to move WMDs out of Iraq. So, in that year's time he move WMDs out then allows UN inspectors back in.
I mean Rockefeller isn't just some ordinary senator (which would be bad enough), he is the Vice Chair of the SSIC giving Saddam the heads-up that our intelligence confirms WMDs.
Rockefeller's position gave greater import to the message.
We have a very high position Senator making a personal trip to the Mideast, not authorized by the President, imparting war plans to an enemy.
I also understand Rockefeller is under criminal investigation for leaking about secret satellite systems to the Washington Post.

Why is this man still in the Senate, and why is he still trusted with our national intelligence??
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he stopped by Paris to speak with Kerry's old pals?

After the treason trial and his conviction I would hope we could have a public hanging in front of the Washington Monument.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it any wonder that no WMD's were found in Iraq??

That statement is not quite on the mark shawa. Consider the following.

Quote:
Contrary to ongoing reports by mainstream media outlets, WMDs have been found in
Iraq, so reports New York Times best-selling author Richard Miniter in his new
book, Disinformation.

Consider these shocking facts:

* Found: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium
* Found: 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons
* Found: Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas
* Found: 1,000 radioactive materials--ideal for radioactive dirty bombs
* Found: 17 chemical warheads--some containing cyclosarin, a nerve agent five
times more powerful than sarin

This is only a partial list of the deadly weapons Miniter reveals in his new
book, "Disinformation." Miniter systematically dissects the "No-WMD Myth" (how
it started, and why it continues), as well as 21 other War-on-Terror myths
perpetuated by the media.

Another MSM and Commiecrat myth and attempt at mis-information that needs exploding.
Like Rockefeller.
Boy, how do these guys get away with this without being called out on it?

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: