SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veterans Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Veterans Day Reply with quote

Today, November 11, is the day set aside originally as Armistice Day, to commemorate the Armistice signed to end World War One. That peace was very short lived and along came World War Two. Shortly after, Armistice Day was changed to Veterans Day, a day set aside now to commemorate Veterans of all conflicts.

Since WW2 the world has seen several "little" wars, as some refer to them. Korea, Viet Nam, Northern Ireland, Granada, Desert Storm, the War on Terror and the current main battle of that war, Iraq.

Even though they may not be held in the same esteem as the "greater" wars, all have one thing in common, men and women, who gave of themselves when their countries called and endured unthinkable horrors and at times, total boredom. Some came back whole. Some came back broken. Some did not come back at all. But, all gave of themselves.

To all my brothers and sisters that stood and performed their duty to promote and protect the world's freedom, I say Thank You and I hope you all receive the thanks and honor we are all due.

Welcome Home and Thank You Veterans.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Lew.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank all veterans from past and present wars for your honorable and noble service. Though today war is not popular, and some have no stomach for it, or the truth of it, that does not in no way ever diminish the selfless sacrafice each and every one of you made.

From a Patriot, who wishes I could have done more, to those Patriots that gave the ultimate sacrifice, happy Veterans Day!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Veterans Day Reply with quote

Lew Thanks for the kind words, and thank you for your service.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: