SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Round 2 - Cheney Fights Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Round 2 - Cheney Fights Back Reply with quote

Quote:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1cf.htm

CHENEY FIGHTS BACK
Wed Nov 16 2005 18:56:46 ET

Excerpts As Prepared For Delivery Tonight by Vice President Cheney

THE VICE PRESIDENT: "As most of you know, I have spent a lot of years in public service, and first came to work in Washington, D.C. back in the late 1960s. I know what it’s like to operate in a highly charged political environment, in which the players on all sides of an issue feel passionately and speak forcefully.

In such an environment people sometimes lose their cool, and yet in Washington you can ordinarily rely on some basic measure of truthfulness and good faith in the conduct of political debate. But in the last several weeks we have seen a wild departure from that tradition.

And the suggestion that’s been made by some U. S. senators that the President of the United States or any member of this Administration purposely misled the American people on pre-war intelligence is one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city...

Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein. These are elected officials who had access to the intelligence, and were free to draw their own conclusions.

They arrived at the same judgment about Iraq’s capabilities and intentions that was made by this Administration and by the previous Administration. There was broad-based, bipartisan agreement that Saddam Hussein was a threat … that he had violated U.N. Security Council Resolutions … and that, in a post-9/11 world, we couldn’t afford to take the word of a dictator who had a history of WMD programs, who had excluded weapons inspectors, who had defied the demands of the international community, who had been designated an official state sponsor of terror, and who had committed mass murder.

Those are facts.

What we’re hearing now is some politicians contradicting their own statements and making a play for political advantage in the middle of a war. The saddest part is that our people in uniform have been subjected to these cynical and pernicious falsehoods day in and day out. American soldiers and Marines are out there every day in dangerous conditions and desert temperatures – conducting raids, training Iraqi forces, countering attacks, seizing weapons, and capturing killers – and back home a few opportunists are suggesting they were sent into battle for a lie.

The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone – but we’re not going to sit by and let them rewrite history.

We’re going to continue throwing their own words back at them. And far more important, we’re going to continue sending a consistent message to the men and women who are fighting the war on terror in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other fronts.

We can never say enough how much we appreciate them, and how proud they make us. They and their families can be certain: That this cause is right … and the performance of our military has been brave and honorable … and this nation will stand behind our fighting forces with pride and without wavering until the day of victory.

Developing...

GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've come to expect from the V.P. succint, and to the point.

slam dunk Smile
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Cheney Responds!!! Reply with quote

"The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone –
but we’re not going to sit by and let them rewrite history"
Best quote I have seen
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Mr. V.P.
The fats in the fire now finally. No way the Commiecrats can counter truth.
Oh they will try, but I have faith that the majority of the American public will see through their lies and deceit when the truth is presented as often as their lies have been.

Dusty
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cheney Responds!!! Reply with quote

wonhyo wrote:
"The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone –
but we’re not going to sit by and let them rewrite history"
Best quote I have seen

Kerry and the group have no back bone, no spine and no memory. They are so full of trash cans and expect the public to buy it. God help America because we are in deep do do.
geobarb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Thank God this site is still up Reply with quote

Based on the crap that Kerry is spreading around now about the VP and how the adminsitration lied about pre-war intelligence, I think it may be high time to re-invigorate what this group started during the last campaign--that is a campaign to expose Kerry for the fraud that he is and keep him from holding onto his Senate seat. Kerry and his cronies are bound and determined to create another Vietnam out of Iraq. This country and our proud military can not go through that trauma again and I think it is up to us veterans to make sure it just does not happen.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTG, Mr. Vice-President, lets see the Congressional democrats try to wiggle out of this trap! Cool
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
American soldiers and Marines

He is proudly not PC on this point, as he shouldn't be. Point being the Marines have bore the brunt of the conflict and should be recognized as such.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this LSM idiot's take on why Cheney is angry is sooo beyond ridiculous

unbelievable!

CBS News
Quote:
Why Dick Cheney Is Angry

NEW YORK, Nov. 17, 2005
(CBS) This column was written by CBS News Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith.

Vice President Dick Cheney is getting rounder and balder, and if you think about it for a second, he's starting to look a little like Marlon Brando. Not the movie idol Brando from "On the Waterfront" but the island-dwelling Brando we only occasionally saw in his last decade or so.

Real Americans should be concerned because Cheney's heart problems are well documented, and that extra weight can't be helpful.

Look I'm bald and I've struggled with my suit size. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think I look like Dick Cheney, which is part of the reason I've dropped 20 pounds in the last two months.

It's hard to stay chipper when you're heavy, and I'm thinking the vice president's anger isn't so much aimed at critics of the war as it is a result of the depression that often accompanies weight gain. You lash out at others, when in reality it is you yourself you are disappointed in.

there is a CBS contact link at the site
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Kate. Unbelievable. Add incredible, amazing, stupid, ignorant, imbecilic, nuts, sick and just plain crazy.

Dusty
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
this LSM idiot's take on why Cheney is angry is sooo beyond ridiculous

unbelievable!.... [Snipped a SeeBS site for obvious reasons]
there is a CBS contact link at the site

There you go again Kate, Wink

You should know better than to listen to our favorite Communist BS (CBS) chief Commie Harry! I know I don't! Whyever would you stress yourself out like that? Much better you should entertain yourself with some good old

http://www.ratherbiased.com
oldies...just my 2 cents

Deuce
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stansfield Turner all over cnn at noon today. ughhhhh was awful.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like I do.....I can't even count the number and variety of attacks by the left on the administration. EVERY SINGLE DAY!
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:

There you go again Kate, Wink

You should know better than to listen to our favorite Communist BS (CBS) chief Commie Harry! I know I don't! Whyever would you stress yourself out like that? Much better you should entertain yourself with some good old

http://www.ratherbiased.com
oldies...just my 2 cents

Deuce

LOL I don't listen to him either
just reporting ..what the moonbats are saying Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: