SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alert! Vietnam hero JFK has A PLAN!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Alert! Vietnam hero JFK has A PLAN!!!! Reply with quote

Kerry is a true narcissistic bastard, bringing up the "I served in Vietnam" bullcrap again:

White House spokesman Scott McClellan charged Murtha with endorsing a "surrender" policy advocated by "extreme" liberals such as filmmaker Michael Moore, regarded in Republican circles as a dangerous radical (yathink? --FDL). That provoked a swift response from Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, last year's defeated Democratic presidential candidate. "It disgusts me that a bunch of guys who have never put on the uniform of their country venomously turn their guns on a Marine who came home from Vietnam with a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts," he said.

And of course, this: A Kerry spokesman said "he has his own plan" when asked if Kerry agreed with immediate withdrawal.

Woweeeeeee -- YAJFKP! (yet another John F'ing Kerry Plan!) Let's celebrate in the streets! The world is saved! Kerry has a plan!

-- FDL
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It disgusts me that a guy who has dishonored the uniform of his country venomously turns his guns on a group of Decorated Veterans who came home from Vietnam with several Bronze Stars and many Purple Hearts," Lew said.

Kerry, wave your hammer and cycle flag or the North Vietnamese Star, you already burned your American Flag.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. John F'ing Kerry is also too stupid to actually offer a reasonable debate.

His statementts that "I served, and they didn't" as a way of purportedly attacking others' credibility - in fact, the entire leftist "chickenhawk" argument - is the classic ad-hominem attack.

John, if you are reading this, I will cite the relevant points from the Wikipedia entry linked above:

Ad hominem as logical fallacy

A (fallacious) ad hominem argument has the basic form:

A makes claim B;
there is something objectionable about A,
therefore claim B is false.

The first statement is called a 'factual claim' and is the pivot point of much debate. The last statement is referred to as an 'inferential claim' and represents the reasoning process. There are two types of inferential claim, explicit and implicit. Arguments that (fallaciously) rely on the positive aspects of the person for the truth of the conclusion are discussed under appeal to authority.

Ad hominem is one of the best-known of the logical fallacies usually enumerated in introductory logic and critical thinking textbooks. Both the fallacy itself, and accusations of having committed it, are often brandished in actual discourse (see also Argument from fallacy). As a technique of rhetoric, it is powerful and used often, despite its lack of subtlety.

The closest example to Mr. Kerry's "I served and you didn't" attack:

Ad hominem abusive

Ad hominem abusive (also called argumentum ad personam) usually and most notoriously involves merely (and often unfairly) insulting one's opponent ... The reason that this is fallacious is that — usually, anyway — insults and even damaging facts simply do not undermine what logical support there might be for one's opponent's arguments or assertions; argumentum ad personam short-circuits these potential arguments from logic in favor of a direct attack on the opponent's authority.

Example 1:
"You can't believe Jack when he says there is no God because he doesn't even have a job."

Example 2:
Person A: "There is a God and archaeological records of the Middle East prove it."
Person B: "Well, that's what I'd expect a fundamentalist Christian preacher to say. His livelihood depends on it."

A more comprehensive directory of John Kerry's advanced thought processes can be found here.

He uses many of these advanced methods to make his famous, world-saving John Kerry Plans™.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: