SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MoveOn.org's new ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retire05
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: MoveOn.org's new ad Reply with quote

Has anyone seen MoveOn.org's new ad? It shows military in a chow line and then cuts to a crying wife.
And they say that they don't use the military for their own sick purposes.
Yeah, right.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure its sickening. The have no concern about the troops. They will use them, anyone, anything as a tool to rech the end goal.......impeach Bush.

Evil or Very Mad
retire05
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Puke alert Reply with quote

Every military family, past and present, needs to call and email MoreOn.org and tell them what they think of their despicable ad.

They will get my call first thing Friday morning.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to view it, but in order to see it at their site, you have to first register yourself and donate to help put it on TV, no thanks. They are the last people I'd trust with my credit card number.

They also are saying that Republicans have called Murtha, "a Decorated Viet Nam Veteran and former war-supporter," a "coward." Seems to me it was a Marine that emailed in and said "Marines don't cut and run, only cowards do."

Along with the call of "not everyone will be home for Thanksgiving (odd they chose to state Thanksgiving instead of 'holiday'), they don't mention troops that have been in Germany for 60 years, South Korea for 40 years and Bosnia for 7 years. Don't they count for not being home for Thanksgiving?
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt. McQueeg aka John McCain should be proud. By defunding the Democrats with McCain-Feingold the Dems are now owned (in the words of Moveon) by this group. They are a revolting bunch of leftist pukes. Repeal CFR and Moveon becomes less influential. Soros owns them and McQueeg.

If certain individuals do not want to be considered cowards, they should not behave to speak as cowards would. On of those words is "Quit", another is "failure".
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I tried to view it, but in order to see it at their site, you have to first register yourself and donate to help put it on TV, no thanks. They are the last people I'd trust with my credit card number.

They also are saying that Republicans have called Murtha, "a Decorated Viet Nam Veteran and former war-supporter," a "coward." Seems to me it was a Marine that emailed in and said "Marines don't cut and run, only cowards do."

Along with the call of "not everyone will be home for Thanksgiving (odd they chose to state Thanksgiving instead of 'holiday'), they don't mention troops that have been in Germany for 60 years, South Korea for 40 years and Bosnia for 7 years. Don't they count for not being home for Thanksgiving?

Good point. My youngest sister is a surgical tech at Lundstahl (sp) Army Hospital in Germany. She will be tending to soldiers this Thanksgiving as opposed to coming home for a family meal. My middle sister did fly to Germany on Monday though to be with her during Thanksgiving.

The sad fact is these people hate America and everything it stands for and will use not only our soldiers, but our national holidays as well to destroy our country.

To these loony utopian fantasists Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter. Memorial Day, Veterans Day and all the other days we celebrate as a Nation is the enemy.

So while normal American families of belief in a higher being than themselves are sitting down to a great meal to celebrate our family, community and thanks for this great nation of ours and Gods blessing, the lefty loons of Moveondotorg will be watching cartoons and eating cereal while b****ing about how terrible this great nation of ours is.

Of course they will be planning their attack on the family and America come Christmas.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I tried to view it, but in order to see it at their site, you have to first register yourself
just click on the screen capture (dont have to register)

they say:
Quote:
help us put our new TV ad on CNN and on the air in the hometowns of members of Congress who are pushing these smears.
no surprise with CNN, playing to their own choir anyway
Stevie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I saw it - several times.
It really does make me wanna contact my representatives !

and let them know how disgusting I think it is.

.... just so they don't think silence means people believe it !

I'm sure they miss hearing from me anyway.... Very Happy
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you all hear that moveon had to pull this ad.

Apparently, part of the script was "150,000 american soldiers........." while they were showing the troops in food line. Turns out, those were not American soldiers. Forget what country, but the uniforms were lighter than ours and one of the soldiers had on a military short. Moveon tried to fix, by coloration and adding the pant leg, but I guess they got outed on it and so pulled the ad.

Would love to know who outed them.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were the British soldiers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: